Ryndam

S

SueClark

I've searched this and other boards for information on Ryndam and haven't come up with much. We have friends that are booked on her in an S suite for a December Mexican sailing. If anyone can provide some input it would be welcomed!

Sue

S

sail7seas

She is a sister to Maasdam and is a lovely ship. If I remember correctly, I think I read that she recently scored a "100" at her recent CDC Inspection. She has been beautifully maintained and IMO is a great ship.

For quite some time, she was doing South American Itineraries. I believe she will be doing Mexico in the Fall.

S

ShipMaven

Sue - what information are you seeking? Friends and I sailed on her last October in S and PS categories. This was after her refit with the new Neptune Lounge and Pinnacle Grill.

We loved her, and the convenience of the Neptune Lounge was great!

We did the Sea of Cortez itinerary...and would sail it again in a heartbeat!

S

SueClark

Thanks Sail7 and Shipmaven. I haven't gotten them on the boards yet, but they do read when I send them a link. I was just hoping to stir up some (hopefully favorible) comments about the ship and/ or the itinerary.

Sail7 - They sailed Maasdam last year at the same time in the suite we had been in only a few months prior. That's why they picked Ryndam this time - same layout.

Sue

S

saskman

anything I should know about ryndam before I board (in Feb). I have never cruised before...

C

Cruzman

The Ryndam is a beautiful ship and you will probably fall in love with her as I did. If she ever returns to my part of the world (the southeastern part of the U.S.), I'll be back onboard.

S

saskman

I, too need some info. I will be on Ryndam but what does stuff cost? I have NOOOO clue what kind of money I am looking at here. Pop? Booze? What's incl, what's not? Can anyone help?

C

croozgal

We will also be sailing the Ryndam Feb 7. our second on Holland , usually sail Princess , but wanted to see the Sea of Cortez~~water will be cold for snorkeling so will use a wet suit !

J

Juggledude

hey croozgal,

welcome to the club ! I posted a reply to the thread on Roll Calls this eve, I and my family will also be on Ryndam on 2/7, and hope to do some snorkeling. you think we will need the wetsuits ? I though Mexico was always warm !

sigh, so much for the best laid plans....

Got another booked, Sapphire Princess, 9/22, and I been to those stops at that time of year before, so i know we will snorkel alot (my 8yr old daughter thinks she's a fish) but havn't been in feb. Saw a weather report that said Cabo was avg 64 degrees, (land temp, not water) brrr, ;that's cold. what do you know about this ?

that makes 3 groups on the Ryndam, 2/7 (no one over at cruisecritics is answering my roll call) posting here on these boards. let's meet up onboard, either the first night or the first sea day, what do you say ? i have no clue as to the layout of this ship, but if ya'll reply, I'll look at the deck plans and make a suggestion as to where and when.

Royce / Juggledude