Best time of year to cruise Caribbean - eastern and western

V

vjj5712

Any information on what month is best to sail eastern and western caribbean as far as weather (rainy, humid and calmer seas, etc.)? Any information would be great. Thank you!

B

bikevegas

I prefer to go in October. Not as hot and alot less kids. Rates are usually cheaper also!:USA:AL

B

Beryl

For us the best time is January through March. It's the time of year we can escape our worst weather :grin

C

Cruise cutie

best time for us..we live in Vermont..February hands down ..Valentines week..on Princess...limits their kids(ours are grown) =handinhand :couple...romantic and we escape the nasty Vermont winters..Western is nice..but we prefer southern..MUCH warmer!!!.........:grin..Joanne

M

marvholly

I have done both Mid Nov to mid Dec and March cruises on both itineraries. Time of after Thanks to before x-mas is generally cheaper. Have noticed more trouble tendering in Gr. Cayman in the fall/winter time period but had no problems with Mar. In the fall/winter you get less kids/more seniors. In Mar you get more kids/college breakers. Decide by what is more important to you.

S

Snowblower

Best prices, September-November
Best weather if you like it HOT, July
Best weather if you like it cool, January-Feburary
Hurricane season, July to November. September/October can be the hardest months.
Can get some rough seas during this period

I prefer February, never go in the mid-summer again. The heat/humidity just cooked us.

Snowblower

L

Lady Jag

One thing I've learned with the Caribbean - it's a crap shoot. :grin I've gone at all different times; times when it's considered the 'best' time to go and the weather's been the pits. I've gone during hurricane season and had gorgeous weather. The cruise before ours on the Coral Princess had terrible weather; ours was incredible. You just never know what you're gonna get - so, when it's good, you learn to really appreciate it. :)

M

MortgageChick

I agree with Lady Jag. The best weather I have had was in Sept of last year. December last year we did the West Carib and it was horrible weather,cold and windy . It was warmer at home in Eastern Canada. WE went in march of this year to the E Carib and it was acceptable weather, but a little on the cool side. I have also been in May and it was nice weather then too.

I guess I would say May for the weather and the reasonable prices of shoulder season