Where can I purchase pre-cruise wines near Canada Place in Vancouver?

J

JAB

We'd like to buy some wines and champagnes to bring on our cruise out of Vancouver. I'm trying to locate a liquor store or wine store nearby where we can get California wines.

Thanks,

D

dusty

jab,

i am having the same problem due to a very tight schedule. i have decided to buy some wine and soda at the duty free shops in the airport. i can take them to my hotel and then to the ship. it will make it much easier for me than looking for a liquor store downtown. hope you have good luck with your purchases. dusty

S

Sea Turtle

There is a BC Liquor Store that is about a 5-10 minute walk from Canada Place. I walked there the morning before my cruise. If memory serves, you walk left out of the terminal entry/exit ramp, go up to the first intersection, turn left, and Harbour Centre (the shopping mall where the liquor store is located) is a couple of blocks up on the right side of street. Site below has a map & phone # to store.

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/en/storelocations/53

L

leeh

Any problem bringing them onboard ? Would like a couple of bottles for the cabin but hear horror-stories about trying to smuggle them on.

K

KarolnDick

People, people! When in BC, do as the British Columbians do - buy BC wine. We have many fantastic (some award-winning) vintages. Look for those labelled VQA (stands for Vintners Quality Alliance).