Travel Steamers or Travel irons, do They Work?

S

StudMuffin

We will be on the Mariner coming up in Sept. We are
considering purchasing a travel iron or steamer due to
the lack of self serve laundry facilities on RCCL's
ships.Do these compact accessories really work? I need
recommendations,your thoughts on them,prices, and places
to purchase either of these items. Thanks for your help.

L

Landlocked

I know this does not answer your question, but I think you might want to be aware of this statement by Royal Caribbean:

"There are no irons and boards in the staterooms and guests cannot bring their own irons on board for safety reasons. There is full laundry service on board."

A

Ali

When I first started to cruise, I purchased a travel iron. It was a pain in the butt to iron with that little thing. As the years went by and I learned how to pack better the wrinkles became fewer so I gave up the iron and purchased a travel steamer by Rowenta. Now that was much easier to use. The last few years I have left it at home and just brought along a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Release spray. It's wonderful for getting out wrinkles, just spray the clothes and let them air dry. Smells nice too! If I have a stubborn wrinkle I just send it out to be pressed onboard. It's really not that expensive to have the ship press something and it comes back looking great.

J

judytata11

I agree! I love the rowenta steamer and have used it for years. The Downy wrinkle releaser was new to me so I bought some and tried it. It's great!!

C

Cal2632

RCI might say you can't bring your iron, but we've taken ours on our last 2 cruises on the Brilliance with no comment.

Just don't forget to unplug!

J

jdmoon1

I to after reading this board about no travel irons purchased a Rowenta for my trip tomorrow .
I tried it here at home and it works well.
I never can pack without wrinkles and could not find the Downy stuff in stores round here.
Jackie

I

islander

to prevent some wrinkles: Save your dry cleaning bags and roll your clothes into the plastic bags. It works. Also, they work well to place onto the bottom of your dressor drawers. We have taken our portable iron and it works, but I am going to try the Downey stuff. Sounds like it may replace that iron I carry with us! Good luck

L

lizardstew

They all work....

I always take my travel iron and have never been told not to.

I have also taken a steamer which works well on the things that you can't iron with a regular iron like suits and formals.

The wrinkle releaser is a dream....spray it on the night before and your clothes are perfect the next morning!