Shuttle from Miami Airport to Cruise Port

D

DebMyers

Is it possible to get a shuttle from the Miami Airport to the Cruise Port? Does anyone know how much this costs? Airport transfer was not included with my cruise.

Thank you
Deb

A

Ali

Taxi is quicker than the transfers from the cruise line. Cost is around $20. Transfers have to wait until the entire bus fills up before it leaves the airport.

D

Dana77389

Avis has a shuttle from their rental location to the port...last year when we flew into Ft. Lauderdale, rented a car, stayed overnight and then returned the car at the Miami airport. Even better was in 2001 when Avis had a rental location right at the port...There was no charge for the Avis shuttle.

D

DebMyers

Thanks for the info. RC told me it would be very expensive and take 30-90 mins to get there via taxi. I will be traveling in a party of 3 on a Saturday. So it is realistic that spend around $20 plus tip getting there?

Thank you
D

M

mlzangel78

Rcl told me it was 36 round trip to book transfers , thats not expspensive

J

JeffC

The standard flat rate for a taxi from Miami Airport to the Miami Sea Port is $18 per vehicle (not per person). Plus your tip, of course.

A

Ali

The taxi is quicker and RCI was wrong in their price quote for the taxi. The fare from the airport to the pier is fixed, not metered as Jeff posted above. The three of you can ride to the pier for that amount, and it's quicker and easier than the RCI transfers and the travel time is more like 20 minutes. Before you know it, you're there.

Have a great cruise!

L

ljeanbrown

Much better to take a taxi and it is only 20 min. away. Like Ali said it is a flat rate so you don't have to worry about the meter adding more charges if you get caught in any traffic.