Express Check in

J

jester95008

Anyone know how to avoid the huge line we always get on the day of embarking (boarding) ? I know that Carnival has a express check-in for those that filled out documents on-line. Does RCL has this option also?

C

creditlady

Yes they do. Got to their web site and fill out the forms. It makes check in so much quicker!! We sailed Royal last fall and we were so glad we had all this filled out and sent it ahead of time.

G

GloBug

When you fill out your forms on line, at their website, do you print out to bring with you, or just submit them, and they take care of it on their end? (oh no, something else to worry about?)

A

Ali

Fill them out online, print them and take a copy with you. When you receive your docs from your TA your information will be preprinted on the docs so you won't have to do it.

B

becks1100

"When you receive your docs from your TA your information will be preprinted on the docs so you won't have to do it."

Now this makes me nervous! I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow. Was i SUPPOSED to get some sort of docs from the travel agent? I got a booklet "Guest Vacation Documents' from RCL and assumed that was all i needed. I also filled out the registration forms online at RCL and got my C&A # attached. Is there more that i've forgotten?

A

Ali

<http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/RCI_guestticket.pdf>

Becks click on that link and as Hucc said, those are your documents. If you look through the booklet your cruise ticket, contract and your luggage tags are in there. If you filled out the embarkation information on the RCI website, the guest clearance information page inside of your documents should already be filled in.

Print out a copy of your online documentation and take it with you. It makes the boarding process go faster.

Have a great cruise!

C

cfurry

In response to the original question from jester, I'm not sure there is an express line per se if you've filled out online docs. I believe you still use the same lines you would otherwise (regular cabins in one line, suites in another, etc.), but the actual check-in proceeds more quickly for online docs customers because they already have your vitals.

Is that correct, or should I be looking for a special express line at Port Canaveral when we board Mariner?

Also, is there an express line for Crown & Anchor members? (We're lowly gold members, but hey, if it gets us through faster, I'm happy.)

J

jester95008

I found the deal where it says to pre-register for RCL , but its only printable and you can't just email it back to them... does anyone have a specific link where we can just type in our info and email it back?

J

JohnL

On the topic of Express Check In...

On the RCI form they ask for Insurance Info. I assume they mean Trip Cancellation insurance?
Is this field mandatory?

C

cfurry

jester, you have the option of downloading and filling out a PDF form and then faxing it back, or entering the information into the Web page itself and hitting "submit". I go the Web page route. The system also provides you with a summary of your responses, which you can then print out for your records to take along at boarding...just in case.

JohnL, yes, they're asking for information on trip cancellation insurance. But no, you don't have to fill it in if you didn't buy any. It's not required.

L

ljeanbrown

Jester like cfurry mentioned all you do is fill out the form and hit submit and RCI will have your info and there is no need to fax it. When your doc's come all the info you entered online will be filled out on your forms already and it will be in their system .