RYNDAM

L

lurlineman

Has anyone sailed on the Ryndam since she was in drydock this fall? I'm going on the Xmas Cruise. I found one review which was horrendous. He took the Mex cruise in Oct. Lots of complaints. It is amazying how these companies spend millions on advertising and redoing a ship, then the only thing you find online is one bad review. You would think they'd have their own PR departments write puff reviews! I had sailed on a lot of ships with my parents in the 60s and 70s --- including my first trip aboard a Holland American Line cargo-pass ship from Los Angeles to Europe. Have started cruising again and recently was aboard the Island Princess. Mini-suite. Very comfortable and the ship was splendid. Except for the surcharge restaurants. Instead of letting you dine in peace they had this Disneyland feeling about them. The head waiter and waiters were just too much. The Italian restaurant --- Sabitinis --- I think --- had a menu that was more about sampling. This became rather tiresome after dining there a couple of times and we just ordered a straight menu. I think they underestimate that many travellers are quite sophisticated. The other restaurant was New Orleans --- unfortunately not French but Cajun. Are the alternative dining rooms on HA similar?