How to get FREE onboard ship credit?

S

SSpray

Is there away to get free onboard ship credit on the Valor?
I have a honeymoon cruise booked for Jan. 27th.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

-thanks!

C

Cruzman

The only time that one can get a free onboard credit is if the cruise line offers it as a booking incentive, or it may be offerred in the case of a severely altered itinerary due to mechanical problems or the like. If you were not offerred such a credit as a booking incentive, your chances of getting one are slim and none.

S

SSpray

That is what I figured, but I also thought there might be a small chance people might know a secret I did not know.

If anyone does know a secret please pass it my way :D

F

frito

secret # 1--- nothing is free.

Saw your posts on the other site re / " free on board credit ".
Per your last post there, several people had e-mailed you with the " secrets " of free credit.
Perhaps you would share with us ??

S

SSpray

The warm welcome on the other board was duly noted.
No, I wish not to share it with you….

You just keep telling your self nothing is free, and carry on.

S

serene56

How bout me???

One way that you MAY have received onboard credit-- watching your prices to see if they came down any. Should not have relied on an agent to do that.

Another way was to buy yourself a credit each pay--ok its not free but it works. I have been doing this for a few months now and I have a few hundred bucks on there. Some to pay my tips for the both of us- another weekend I put down enough to cover our meal in Nick & Noras. Massages, I wanted my hair done for formal night. Cartons of smokes--but I have since quit smoking so I have to find a way to spend that money. I also brought drink coupons and photo coupons so that stuff is all prepaid.

But now I would like something for free. Please tell me

C

coffeecups

Welcome, sspray, to this board. As you may notice, this board is truly dedicated to addicts-- those who have a need to cruise. We try to be friendly and helpful.

I don't know what the problem is between you and the first respondent who saw your post elsewhere. I just hope that you have come here to share with nice people, who really do like to help each other. If you are here to just help yourself, then you may be missing the point of this board.

First, onboard credit, is like the second respondent said--something offered by Carnival when problems happen that inconvenience all the passengers of the cruise. I recieved a 50% on another cruise after one of my cruises got caught up on a sandbar.

Like others have said, there are no freebies either . All coupons and offers from Carnival will require you to spend money. Now, the drink coupons that you can buy from Carnival can save maybe about 50 cents, or the price of the tip, if you drink the 4.95 drinks. And if you put out the money for that last bingo game, you can take a chance and win a free cruise. (but you have to put up 10 dollars (i think) for the bingo game (not free!!!!). Other than that, the only discounts are the deck/room UPGRADE you may get.

Good luck and best wishes on your cruise!!!

coffeecups

L

littlebit

Don't look for on board credit - instead look for "extra's" given out. Be sure you mention you are on your honeymoon to your cabin steward. He may surprise you with a small gift. Also tell the cruise hostess and the purser. They may surprise you with coupons or small tokens to make your cruise a bit more special.

L

lainie

There are no little "tricks". Shipboard credit is given out as stated in posts above. Don't feed the trolls.

S

SSpray

Some bad apples here as well. Kind of pathetic the way new people are treated...

Those of you who have posted with tips, Thank You!

A

Al

As with cruises and most other things, you won't find a forum that is either all good or all bad. Don't let it bother you.

If you track pricing, and notice that there has been a reduction for your category, you might receive a $50pp onboard credit, but only if you inquire about the change in fare. Generally, such instances occur only after final payment has been made (there are always cancellations around that time). Carnival offers those prices for new bookings only, in an effort to fill the ship. Obviously, they can't reduce everyone's cost (after all, you thought the price was reasonable, or you wouldn't have booked in the first place), but as a gesture of good will, they will sometimes offer such a credit. It works for travel agents as well, since they won't be losing any commission.

Hurry up and check out the prices. My best wishes to you and your beloved for a wonderful life together. Have a great cruise!

C

coffeecups

what a shame when someone wants to be welcomed and helped to find credit, but doesn't want to give out HIS information he recieved or to help others AND THEN BLAST US HERE THAT WE ARE UNKIND.

Reminds me of the woman in las vegas who wrote the one star review of the legend. Some peopel can never be pleased.!!!!!!!!!

coffeecups

M

mr jimmy

I found the posts on the other site from this character and they are just trying to stir things up.
The responses from this individual are almost identical to the ones on this site. No credibility with this person.

V

VINDEL

TRAVEL WITH A LARGE GROUP. WE HAVE 80 PEOPLE FROM OUR YACHT CLUB TRAVELING ON THE VALOR 2/6/05. CARNIVAL IS THROWING US A COCKTAIL PARTY WITH AN OPEN BAR

kd92337

I get it all the time. When you check in before you get on the ship while checking in asked them then when you booked the cruise you were suppose to get a onboard credit of lets just say $50.00 and that when you recv. your paperwork that its not showing up. They will then add it to your room. It works all of the time. I cruise every year have a drink on me.

msbrandeel

It might help that if you go to the spa orientation they will give someone a FREE massage or facial--YES --its free :O), also, during the port talk or one of the talks --he gives away free tshirts, free booze, free stuff--ALL FREE! Also, u can enter for a free saphire necklace - I WON!!! Guess what - it was free! We had one time a bad experience with allergies due to new carpet in our room that smelled awful- sent a letter to carnival and got FREE onboard credit for the next cruise (i know it doesnt help u this time) But if you have any complaints about your cruise, let them know- they may surprise you! Hope this helps and I hope u have a wonderful time :O)

Jeanie

Staff Captain
Hey, we are all friendly and happy on this board. Good luck with your free credit.
Hope to see you around