Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

A Big "Hello Everyone" to all of the Cruise Addicts at Cruise-Addicts.com!

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by BidOnTrips, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BidOnTrips

BidOnTrips Member

Hey everyone! My name is Ryan and I am the owner of BidOnTrips.com - We are super excited to be working with John and Cruise-Addicts. I just wanted to use this thread to explain our website, our features, and answer any questions you may have. To start with, I am an avid Cruiser myself! I love Cruise Vacations, I love the abundance of food, the live shows, the Caribbean music by the pool and everything else that comes with it!

We are family owned and operated, and take pride in our Customer Service. As a family, we wanted a way to allow others to go on the vacation of their dreams without mortgaging their future. By using the penny auction model, BidOnTrips is able to auction Cruises, On-Board Credit, Hotel Stays, Airplane Tickets, and more for very low prices.

And the best part? Using BidOnTrips is easy!

1. Sign Up

Registering is Quick and Easy. Register your unique username - You'll need to register before you can start bidding. Signing up is free and only takes a few minutes. You'll receive a confirmation email when you're finished - just follow the link in the email to confirm your account.

2. Purchase Bids

To begin bidding on the Vacation of your dreams, you must purchase a Bid Package. Bids cost only $0.50, and are purchased in Packages of 40 to 500 bids. BidOnTrips accepts all major forms of Credit Card through PayPal, the most secure online transaction portal on the Internet. After purchase, your bids are added to your account. BidOnTrips.com is Fully Secure and Certified with an SSL certificate for your safety!

3. Choose your Vacation

Now that you have bids, browse our extensive list of Vacation options and choose which one you would like to begin bidding on. Click the 'Bid' button to place a bid. Every time you bid, BidOnTrips deducts one bid from your account, and adds a small amount of time to the auction clock (about 15 seconds). This allows other users a chance to bid.

4. Win!

If you're the last bidder when the clock reaches zero, YOU WIN! The cost of your vacation will be only what you paid for your bids and the final price of the Auction. Our average Cruise sells for less than $50. After winning, BidOnTrips will immediately get in contact with you and begin setting up the Vacation of your dreams!

On a last note, I like most people, am NOT a fan of Spam! So I simply ask that you keep any questions about BidOnTrips in this thread, so that people who do not want to be bombarded by BidOnTrips stuff can simply not click on this thread.

CLICK HERE to check out BidOnTrips.com

Thanks everyone, and Happy Cruising!

2. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Well-Known Member

John - it would be good if you could respond to this post in support of this site. Otherwise it looks like some TA trying to advertise on the board.

3. BidOnTrips

BidOnTrips Member

Hi iluvcruzin! I love your avatar - I was a big Jetsons fan growing up!

I completely understand your thoughts and have spoken with John and asked him to reply in this thread. If you any questions, feel free to let me know!

4. John

John I'm on Island Time Staff Member

Hi Maureen, Yes this is legit. BidOnTrips.com is a new sponsor of our community. Since the site is doing something new with cruise sales with a new concept, this post is a great way to help explain how it works and what the site can offer to cruise lovers. Ryan, Thank you for taking the time to write and explain how BidOnTrips works. I could see how it could get addicting, taking a chance bidding on that dream cruise.

5. jetblue

jetblue Well-Known Member

Is this really legit? I see cruises and Disney World tickets about to expire with no bids on them. This means I would only pay 1 cent for a 3 night cruise? Sounds far fetched. What about taxes and fees?

6. BidOnTrips

BidOnTrips Member

JetBlue, we are absolutely legitimate. We pay for all Taxes and Fees that may be incurred. Here are a few of our latest auctions:

5 Night Hilton Stay - Sold to Ozzi325 for $7.01
    5 Night Carnival Cruise for TWO - Sold to OsuMike4155 for $7.50
    5 Night Norwegian Cruise for TWO - Sold to alex2391 for $14.25

We are able to do this because we charge by the BID and the final purchase price. So we not only recoup money from the final $7 we get from selling the cruise, but also from the amount of money it took to purchase the bids, to bid on the Cruise. The end result is YOU get a FANTASTIC deal on a Cruise and save thousands of dollars!

We are a United States certified LLC. Our office is in New York and we are governed under United States law. We are not an off-shore business.

7. BidOnTrips

BidOnTrips Member

Hi again Everyone! Want to offer the Users of Cruise-Addicts.com a deal on bids! Simply SIGN UP, LOG IN, and when you purchase your first package of Bids, enter the coupon code "CruiseAddicts" and get 10% more bids!

Visit BidOnTrips.com to sign up!

8. iluvcruzin

Ryan - please remove my login ID from your website. Although we appreciate your financial support cruise-addicts (thank you!!), I don't appreciate you using my login ID as if I signed up on your site and are making "fake" bids.

I use this login ID on multiple cruise boards. I don't want anyone thinking I'm participating

Thank you.

9. BidOnTrips

BidOnTrips Member

iluvcruzin,

I apologize for the late response, but it took me a little while to research and understand what you are talking about. For those who do not understand, it appears that the username "iluvcruzin" was registered at BidOnTrips.com by a person other than the user "iluvcruzin" who participates on this forum. We understand your concern, but we have not copied anyone's login ID's. Not only do we not have the time nor resources to copy other's login ID's, but we would not want to upset any possible customer.

Since you are understandably concerned, I will personally email the user who registered under that account and ask if he or she is willing to transfer the username to you. Please understand this will only be a request, and we can not and will not force any user to give up their username.

Thank You for your understanding,
    BidOnTrips.com

10. iluvcruzin

Ryan - I sent you a PM. I'm sure you will resolve this.

11. janz

janz Well-Known Member

Please explain the delivery cost...it looks like Euros? I have emailed from your site with no reply.I just bought bids and then logged on to see I could have used the CA promotion. Ugh

12. BidOnTrips

BidOnTrips Member

Hi Janet!

I have personally replied to you several times. It looks like our emails are getting caught in your spam filter. There is NO delivery cost, as all of our transactions are digital.

No worries on the promotion, I will add the free bids for you manually!

Happy Bidding :)

13. janz

janz Well-Known Member

Thank you. I was wondering where those extra bids came from. I have checked my spam and dont see you. I have looked for information on auto bid and cant find it. Can you direct me? Thanks

14. janz

janz Well-Known Member

I need this information...I cant get up at 4am to bid...lol

15. BidOnTrips

BidOnTrips Member

Hi Janet,

Im sorry to hear that you are not receiving our emails. You're looking for information on Bid Butlers? Simply find an auction youre interested in placing bids on, and click on it. On the right hand side you will see a link for "Bid Butler". Click on that. From the Bid Butler page, you can set how many bids you want our Bid Butler system to bid for you while youre away from the computer!

16. dutchgirl924

dutchgirl924 Active Member

HI Ryan,
    I registered with BidOnTrips.com and mentioned Cruise Addicts but mrsmccammon didn't get any points for doing so. In fact it stated that it was not a valid referral. I do have to say I won two auctions for on board credit I just hope this is legit and I get to use them on our cruise in December. I am a little apprehensive on it because I didn't see any "fine print" and wondered if there are any restrictions. If they do work and I can use them on our cruise I will be singing your praises from here to the Caribbean, I guess time will tell.

17. janz

janz Well-Known Member

Dutchgirl, please post back when you have the item and give me the details. I am looking to bid on some OBC for our 2 cruises. Thanks

18. dc04321

dc04321 New Member

I signed up and have been bidding on a couple of the cruises, but the site keeps locking up, it is very frustating. Has anyone else had this experience?

19. janz

janz Well-Known Member

Yes and I was just coming on to complain about that. It is very frustrating. I have to exit the site and return at times and it really stinks. Too many people on at once? Hope it is fixed very soon.

20. janz

janz Well-Known Member

I just spent 45 minutes trying to bid. The site kept freezing. I know it is not my computer. I gave up. Hope you fix this quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.