• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A Big "Hello Everyone" to all of the Cruise Addicts at Cruise-Addicts.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid through Paypal, I didn't have any problem but that was a few days ago. I didn't really say I was sure it was legitimate, I guess I am the type of person that gives everyone the benifit of the doubt until proven wrong. I will say that a few weeks ago (when they first started) I won several things but since they went to the new server I haven't won anything, so I do see your concern and I don't think I will be buying any more bids until I receive my winnings. To date I have spent over $600 in bids, I have won a 3 day Carnival Cruise, 500 bids, $100 onboard credit, $250 onboard credit and Round Trip airfare. So time will tell. I have emailed them and spoke to them on the phone and they are very nice and prompt. I will reply when I receive my winnings.
Hi Candace,

My husband just spoke with you earlier today on the phone. Two of your auctions have been fulfilled and are in the mail. Please do respond to this thread when you receive them.

LandinSight

Hi Folks.
I’ve also been bidding on these auctions (username Onthespot) for the last week and have won a couple of really great deals in the process. I love this concept and believe this website will prove to be a big hit to we cruisers, the creators and the travel industry.

I have spoken to Ryan the developer on the phone and by email several times. I believe he is very sincere and honest and I can tell he is working non-stop to make this business a success. They are trying their very best to keep up with all that we are throwing at them. Let’s give them the benefit of the doubt and I feel confident all of us winning bidders will come out smelling like a rose in due time.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you but you must understand my concerns. I do believe the concept is great and as i said both parties come out winning, administrator and consumer. There have been so many penny auctions that have recently opened up and many have proven to be fraud.
Therefore after trying to pay for my won auction and not being able to, I became a little suspicious and started observing the site a little closer. I guess paranoia hit! However, I will insist on the fact that there must be a bug in your "Bid Buddy", when the dc04321 bid hit the 1 sec mark her bid went back to 10 sec. and I watched this happen several times at around 2pm . Anyhow, again I'm sorry if i might have offended you but I never did accuse you, I just said I thought it might not be legit. Good luck with your new site and happy bidding to all the users.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you but you must understand my concerns. I do believe the concept is great and as i said both parties come out winning, administrator and consumer. There have been so many penny auctions that have recently opened up and many have proven to be fraud.
Therefore after trying to pay for my won auction and not being able to, I became a little suspicious and started observing the site a little closer. I guess paranoia hit! However, I will insist on the fact that there must be a bug in your "Bid Buddy", when the dc04321 bid hit the 1 sec mark her bid went back to 10 sec. and I watched this happen several times at around 2pm . Anyhow, again I'm sorry if i might have offended you but I never did accuse you, I just said I thought it might not be legit. Good luck with your new site and happy bidding to all the users.
I checked the logs myself, and this just isnt so. However, I will send this message to our webmaster and have him check the logs as well.

My post was certainly not intended to cause ill will. I think it's only human to have a small sense of doubt in scenarios such as these until you actually have the winning in hand. Since the site had been updated to show only two of my auctions "Shipped & Completed" in the last 10 days and nothing had been received in the mail, I still held a little bit of concern.
You most definitely have been in contact with me and the customer service has been over the top, as I have said many times... once I actually received the winning I will sing your praises eternally and bid myself silly!
This is a great concept, with great customer service and once delivery starts happening everything is going to come around full circle.
Please accept my apology.

I bolded that one section, because it speaks volume. That is not exactly the operation of a scam artist or scam website.

To be honest, Teri openly doubting our validity is disheartening to say the least. 1) Because we have responded to every single email she has sent, 2) We even spoke with her on the phone to confirm her address before sending out her winnings, and 3) Because we have already sent out two of her won auctions.

I don't know what else to say. It's disheartening to say the least.

Hi Ryan and his Wife (sorry, I don't know your name), I will definitely post when I receive my winnings. As far as bidding against myself, I don't believe it happened, what I believe happened was I get a little bid happy sometimes forgetting I am the current bidder so I click at 1 second and that is the same time someone else clicks so it makes me the high bidder again but it is really fast so it might look like I am bidding against myself. I have clicked before someone else clicks and it does say that I am currently the high bidder. As far as the Bid Buddy, well I guess it is called Bid Butler but anyway, I have see it were I am the high bidder and at one second it resets it's self to 10, but if you watch closely someone bids at 1 second and then bid buddy kicks in and immediately bids on my behalf again.

Unfortunately until you are established for a while there will be skeptics and that is understandable, but that is with any new online business. I do believe in you guys, you answer your phone and respond to emails, that is why I do think you are legitimate, scam companies don't usually post their phone numbers and if they do they don't answer their phones. But until people start posting that they have received their winnings people will question the legitimacy. Keep up the good work. What people have to remember is it is just you two running the business, so thing are going to take longer, until you get more help. Sorry for rambling and not sure if I am making any since. :biggrin:

Thanks,
Candi

Hi Ryan and his Wife (sorry, I don't know your name), I will definitely post when I receive my winnings. As far as bidding against myself, I don't believe it happened, what I believe happened was I get a little bid happy sometimes forgetting I am the current bidder so I click at 1 second and that is the same time someone else clicks so it makes me the high bidder again but it is really fast so it might look like I am bidding against myself. I have clicked before someone else clicks and it does say that I am currently the high bidder. As far as the Bid Buddy, well I guess it is called Bid Butler but anyway, I have see it were I am the high bidder and at one second it resets it's self to 10, but if you watch closely someone bids at 1 second and then bid buddy kicks in and immediately bids on my behalf again.
Correct. That is exactly what happens.

Unfortunately until you are established for a while there will be skeptics and that is understandable, but that is with any new online business. I do believe in you guys, you answer your phone and respond to emails, that is why I do think you are legitimate, scam companies don't usually post their phone numbers and if they do they don't answer their phones. But until people start posting that they have received their winnings people will question the legitimacy. Keep up the good work. What people have to remember is it is just you two running the business, so thing are going to take longer, until you get more help. Sorry for rambling and not sure if I am making any since. :biggrin:

Thanks,
Candi
Thanks Candi. I can't wait to see you post with your winnings! :)

My post was certainly not intended to cause ill will. I think it's only human to have a small sense of doubt in scenarios such as these until you actually have the winning in hand. Since the site had been updated to show only two of my auctions "Shipped & Completed" in the last 10 days and nothing had been received in the mail, I still held a little bit of concern.
You most definitely have been in contact with me and the customer service has been over the top, as I have said many times... once I actually received the winning I will sing your praises eternally and bid myself silly!
This is a great concept, with great customer service and once delivery starts happening everything is going to come around full circle.
Please accept my apology.
Thanks Teri, we do appreciate it.

Hi all, I just wanted everyone to know that today I received my 1st winning, $100 money order/onboard credit. Just in case everyone was wondering, yes I did know it was coming in the form of a money order, Ryan was upfront and kept me informed of how the winnings were going to be given out. Can't wait till I get the rest. Ryan and your wife, keep up the good work.

Thanks again,
Candi

tango55

The whole concept sounds interesting - will wait to see a few more successful bidders post about receiving their rewards - then check the site out myself! Can't do it from work, but will look on the weekend.

Terry

Hi all, I just wanted everyone to know that today I received my 1st winning, $100 money order/onboard credit. Just in case everyone was wondering, yes I did know it was coming in the form of a money order, Ryan was upfront and kept me informed of how the winnings were going to be given out. Can't wait till I get the rest. Ryan and your wife, keep up the good work.

Thanks again,
Candi
Candi,

We are super excited to hear that you received your first auction Winnings! Thanks for updating the thread.

As an incentive, we do offer 25 free bids to anyone who is willing to take a picture with their auction winnings and write a small one or two sentence recommendation for BidOnTrips.com!

Were back up! We took a couple days off to fulfill orders, and we are receiving emails and seeing forum posts about Users receiving their winnings which is great!

Thanks everyone,
BidOnTrips.com

Yeah!!!! Got my first auction in the mail today!!!! Spoke with Ryan just a few minutes ago and and the rest of my auctions will ship out this week. Thank you Bidontrips.com my husbands surprise 40th birthday cruise is getting even better!

Were back up! We took a couple days off to fulfill orders, and we are receiving emails and seeing forum posts about Users receiving their winnings which is great!

Thanks everyone,
BidOnTrips.com

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
So good to hear that this new website is indeed working well.

Thanks again,
Candi

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
So good to hear this Congrats on Winning!

Yeah!!!! Got my first auction in the mail today!!!! Spoke with Ryan just a few minutes ago and and the rest of my auctions will ship out this week. Thank you Bidontrips.com my husbands surprise 40th birthday cruise is getting even better!

Has anyone else had an issue with the Google Checkout? Last time I purchased bids I used Paypal and the bids posted immediately to my account. Today I purchased using there new Google Checkout system and the bids never posted to my account. Does it usually take a while with Google Checkout. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Has anyone else had an issue with the Google Checkout? Last time I purchased bids I used Paypal and the bids posted immediately to my account. Today I purchased using there new Google Checkout system and the bids never posted to my account. Does it usually take a while with Google Checkout. Any help is greatly appreciated!
You're absolutely right. We have contacted Google multiple times looking for a solution. This is how the process works:

You send payment > Google verifies payment > Google sends us a "Callback URL" > The Callback URL reaches our server and our server adds the bids to your account or updates your paid status...etc

Paypal was MUCH quicker with sending us the callback URL. Usually within a minute. With Google it has been between 5 minutes and 3 hours. Therefore, we are trying to manually add bids as fast as we can when we get an order until we can get Google to fix this issue.

PS, your bids were added!

Thank you! Got them! Now if only I would have won the auction that I just spent a bulk of them on :) Oh well better luck next time I guess!
Thanks again,
Teri

You're absolutely right. We have contacted Google multiple times looking for a solution. This is how the process works:

You send payment > Google verifies payment > Google sends us a "Callback URL" > The Callback URL reaches our server and our server adds the bids to your account or updates your paid status...etc

Paypal was MUCH quicker with sending us the callback URL. Usually within a minute. With Google it has been between 5 minutes and 3 hours. Therefore, we are trying to manually add bids as fast as we can when we get an order until we can get Google to fix this issue.

PS, your bids were added!

Status
Not open for further replies.