Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

A Big "Hello Everyone" to all of the Cruise Addicts at Cruise-Addicts.com!

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by BidOnTrips, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dc04321

dc04321 New Member

Sorry Terri, when I saw you were bidding I got really nervous, I lost a few times to you in the begining, I hope you can win the next one. I won't be bidding. Glad to see you back.

2. dc04321

dc04321 New Member

I don't believe there is a limit, it's just what you are willing to bid to win. I'm sure Ryan doesn't care who wins as long as they pay. I could be wrong though.

3. dutchgirl924

dutchgirl924 Active Member

Its totally fine, I let my bid Butler run out and then got distracted and didn't reset it...u snooze u loose sometimes :) glad to see it went to you :)

QUOTE=dc04321;1583298]Sorry Terri, when I saw you were bidding I got really nervous, I lost a few times to you in the begining, I hope you can win the next one. I won't be bidding. Glad to see you back.[/QUOTE]

4. dutchgirl924

I went to buy more bids today and when I hit "Checkout with Google" it stated the merchant was no longer associated with Google Wallet. Anyone else have this issue, or Ryan can you possibly respond?
    Thanks

5. BidOnTrips

BidOnTrips Member

Hi, we are aware of the issue and our trying to fix it!

6. dutchgirl924

Any updates on when the site will be back up?

7. BidOnTrips

BidOnTrips Member

Were working on it. We currently have no payment processor! We have talking to about 25 banks in the past few days.

8. jetblue

jetblue Well-Known Member

So whatever happened to this website? Did anyone ever receive their cruise prizes?

9. tictac2

tictac2 New Member

Having trouble as new account

10. tictac2

tictac2 New Member

Okay, now my account is working....
    David, I too have a concern as to when the prizes will be sent, as I only got one $100 OBC sent to me. I did send a Email to Ryan on 7/22 and got a response on the same day which he said...

We can't give a specific date for shipping. All orders are handled in the order that they have been received. All orders are shipped within 60 days from auction end, and you will receive an email notice when the item has been shipped.

I won over $12k in auctions at a cost of over $600. I will post the date(s) of auctions won and the date the item(s) are received. The oldest auction I won was on 7/6. I still have unused bids as well.....please keep us posted about your win/received status.

11. jetblue

Thanks for the update tictac. I actually never put any money into this website because I was waiting to see if it was legitimate. I thought the guy in charge of the website said all prizes were instant email prizes and wouldn't actually be shipped via regular mail so I am surprised to hear you still have not received anything!

Please let us know if you do ever get your winnings.

12. dc04321

dc04321 New Member

Well, I think my biggest fear has come true. I emailed them today and it was returned as a failure, and went on the website and it is now gone. I now believe we were all scammed. I can't believe someone can do this to so many people.

13. jetblue

Oh no that is terrible news! I feel so bad for everyone who trusted this website and I have to say I'm also sorry Cruise Addicts agreed to their sponsorship! Is there anyway you guys can report this to the BBB or law enforcement agencies? If you paid via PayPal or credit card I would recommend calling them and asking them to reverse the charges and report the merchant.

14. John

John I'm on Island Time Staff Member

I also hope this is not the end and this business resumes and settles any outstanding debts.

15. dutchgirl924

I too have tried to contact Ryan with absolutely no response. I won over 2K in auctions and only received $250 in the form of a money order. I was told this in regards to one of my $500 OBC, Ryan: "I am embarrassed to admit this but it was mailed without a stamp and it was returned to us on Wednesday, it has been mailed back out....." That was over 3 weeks ago and I know mail back and forth from the east coast usually takes 3-4 days for us.
    I really wanted to trust that they were going to pay out once they got there funds released from Paypal and Google, but someone wanting to run an honest business would keep there email open regardless of whether they had any intention of continuing to operate there site. Closing the website makes sense....closing down the email associated with it does not, especially when you obviously have unsettled business.
    It's very sad, this was a great business venture and I think with the right financial backing it would sore to be very profitable, it's unfortunate that it didn't work out and what's more sad is I let Ryan make me feel bad for questioning it a few posts back.
    If any one hears anything new, please keep the thread updated.

16. janz

janz Well-Known Member

I imagine there are many people who are owed trips and money, with points balances, such as myself. With all the thousands of bids they had, they made some good money. They know we are here, and if they are not a scam, they should reply to these posts. Their last post was July 20th.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  17. jetblue

FYI I started getting a little curious, especially because like dutchgirl said, Ryan made us feel guilty for questioning him. The website bidontrips.com was registered as a protected website so no contact information is available.

However the website was registered with a site called Domains by Proxy. You can locate them here: https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/Default.aspx and click on 'Consumer Concerns' to report the site owner for not fulfilling outstanding debts to those who paid into this website.

Let us know if you hear anything.

18. dutchgirl924

I also did a little digging and on my first paypal transaction for bids it went to RDF Industries with a different gmail address. When I looked at it a little further I found that the original phone number (585-690-6277) listed for Bidontrips.com is also a phone number for another service related website HOME - AutoPoster also run by RDF or I am guessing Ryan based on the email of ryandanielfischer@gmail.com.
    In one of my many emails with Ryan he mentioned that he had $5000 wrapped up in Paypal for 45 days and another $4000 wrapped up in google wallet for 180 days because neither of them were accepting penny auctions any longer. , if this is true then this would be the amount they managed to take from everyone. As for Paypal not accepting penny auctions....well after speaking with Paypal and researching other Penny sites...Quibids.... it appears Paypal does accept penny auctions and the reason any account is ever frozen is due to some sort of suspicious activity. Paypal told me that they limit activity on a paypal account if they feel the activity could jeopardize the buyers and as a precaution they freeze the accounts to allow for any charge backs to take place and refund buyers there money.
    In my heart of hearts I feel Ryan probably did have good intentions when starting this business but perhaps didn't think the plan out thoroughly before executing it.

19. tictac2

tictac2 New Member

I sent a email to Ryan today, I asked "As your web site appears to be down, I wanted to check to see if your Email was still working and if you were planning to ship the items won"
    Ryan responded
    I guess time will tell....

TicTac

20. jetblue

Wow that is laughable! Doesn't usually take 2 months to refurbish a website. And I like how he did not answer your question about your prizes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.