Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

A little dissapointed in RCCL customer service...

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by mlzangel78, Apr 4, 2005.

1. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

the waffle ones they were cheaper,,, $49.95 was enough but i ordered the slippers too , so i think my best friend willl be estatic when she gets to our cabin,, I cant wait ,, i know i know i keep saying it but i really cant,,, im sure that my vacation will be awesome,,, nothing ever makes me miserable on vacation,,, not even a missed port, i dont let alot of things get me irritated,,,, im on vacation how could that possible be bad... :)

2. wesnine

wesnine Guest

rshreib - Ice Cream?! You gotta be kidding me.

3. cruzfan

cruzfan Guest

I just signed up for the Royal Caribbean credit card and with 5000 points i can get robes delivered to my state room. that is my goal. i get 2500 points with my first purchase! so the other 2500 points shouldn't take long!

4. Deb Mumaw

Deb Mumaw Guest

cruzfan, keep batting around the idea of the RCCL card. Wasn't sure we'd get perks we'd like that much since we usually book a suite and most upgrades don't work for those. Let us know how long it takes to get your "reward" and how you enjoy the card. Probably should just fill out the form and get started!

5. peteandchell

peteandchell Guest

You think RCCL is bad.....You guys will never believe what happened to me on Princess....it ruined my vacation.....I got a margarita and there was no little umbrella....i couldnt believe it!!!! I even asked the room steward if they had any extra he could bring to my room and he told me that was only for Suites and above.

LOL.....Just kidding Mlz

I cant believe all the different answers, that is a really bad training issue that needs to be addressed. Imagine you were calling about something that was very important and recieved the wrong information....it could really ruin someones cruise if they were not allowed to board the ship or something. Well i am glad that you made sure you will have some robes by buying them. And guys when i come back i will make sure that i ask the steward for robes and have a definitive answer for all you Robe Lovers (as you will now be permanently called)...lol

6. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

keep laughing peteandchell, just remember we know what cabin your in :) and who your dining with ,,,, oh yeah thats US!!!

LOL 2 weeks and we'll meet up for drinks somewhere??? Ive got a new favorite now,,,, carmel appletinis :)

cant wait to meet you guys,, this should be a lot of fun :)

7. Schooner

Schooner Guest

One thing you guys need to know is how much of a joke shoreside information can be. So many times they have no idea what is going on onboard the ships. They like to think they do but believe me I know first hand they don't always. They don't work onboard. There have been so many times that guests ask shore side if the ship has something or not and get an answer. Then when they get to the ship, the ship is made to look like the fool because some idiot at shoreside said yes to something when really it was a no. Not saying that the bathrobe thing is wrong but I guess you will find out soon.

8. cruzfan

cruzfan Guest

Deb,
    I just got my card and looked it over pretty carefully. I doubt that I would ever use the upgrade because I don't know if it would work out cheaper. With the way they price them, I'm thinking you'd have to pay full brochure price to get the "free upgrade", which would come out more anyway. I am just hoping to get the free robes. I know that playing with credit cards is playing with fire, but we shall see and I will let you know. we've got the Harley Davidson credit card and it works pretty well. we've gotten over $150.00 in vouchers without even trying!
    thanks

9. Deb Mumaw

Deb Mumaw Guest

Thanks cruzfan, I am seriously thinking that even the shipboard credits would be worth it! Hope it works out well for you. Maybe we will enjoy our perks onboard one day. Thanks for the info! Deb

10. Roland

Roland Guest

I am afraid I have to Support that Schooner.
    Shoreside and website info is often wrong.

Schooner Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > > One thing you guys need to know is how
    > much of a joke shoreside information can be. So
    > many times they have no idea what is going on
    > onboard the ships. They like to think they do but
    > believe me I know first hand they don't always.

11. cruzfan

cruzfan Guest

Roland and Schooner, I guess that is why these boards are so popular. We get such good information from everyone here. Even if we have different experiences, it is very helpful.

12. Minnie56

Minnie56 Guest

Hey I sell cruises for a living and I get all kinds of answers all day long and none of them match....I cannot say why....I just call back and hope I get someone that knows their 'stuff'!

13. plspencer

plspencer Guest

Maybe we should forward this thread to one of the higher ups at Royal Caribbean

14. Roland

Roland Guest

Don´t you think I´ve told RCI brass in MIA about this many times?
    Besides, it´s a common problem for all cruise companies.

15. Schooner

Schooner Guest

Yup it's a real pain in the ass for everyone. Not just passengers but crew too. You have Miami telling passengers they can do or get something on the ship and then they get onboard and the ship tells them no they don't do that. Then the passenger starts complaining that Miami said yes, but the ship still has to say no. So at this point the passenger is now pissed off at the ship and the crew is pissed off at Miami for saying stuff about their ship that they know nothing about. Happens all the time.

16. Deb Mumaw

Deb Mumaw Guest

This is a BIG corp. why do you suppose they can't print out rules and regulations company-wide? Seems like it would be better customer service if we were all told the same thing and could count on our answers. Many people call several different times just trying to get the "right " answer.

17. Schooner

Schooner Guest

Well when the ships come out they do operate right to the book, but as years go by things start to slip. Remember the people in Miami can't just pop over and check out a ship all the time like you would a building. After a while ships tend to operate on their own rules. Don't get me wrong they still stick to the big company regulations rules but when it comes to little things like maybe robes supplied or a certain type of food or drink always supposed to be onboard (as miami would think) some ships may bend those rules. Maybe they find that on their ship a particular thing is not cost effective or just doesn't work well with the people that take that ship. Some ships are just outside the circle..........to borrow a line from Robert De Niro in Meet the parents and the Fockers......."This is the circle of trust, and this is you" In this case one ship that is really outside the circle is the Radiance. Most differances you wouldn't notice but it runs a totally differant ship then all the rest because when they brought it out they tried a whole new approach to management, a very abrupt change. It didn't work, they tried to change it back to meet the other ships but it never made it all the way and is still outside the circle.

18. Roland

Roland Guest

One of the few times I´ve been much dissappointed with RCI, was on the RD inaugural cruise.
    The new management -no person named here- was just a catastrophy!

19. Schooner

Schooner Guest

Well it shouldn't of been the CD or Captain. My guess is the Maitre De

20. Roland

Roland Guest

No, neither CD nor Master!