Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.....but what's with your name?

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by seamom, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Happy2cu

Happy2cu Well-Known Member

When we got our first computer and I needed to think of a name for AOL, I thought of Happy2cu37 (37 was my age at the time). When I signed on here, since I was no longer 37 years old I dropped that part. Then when Mike needed a name I thought Happy2cu2 was cute so that's what he got.

My question is, what is Calgon's REAL name?

Donna

2. DAW

DAW Well-Known Member

DAW - No brainer, daughter of MAW & PAW, aslo I've been told that was what my baby brother called me, "DA" (Brenda) when he stated talking.

3. Pootersdad

Pootersdad Well-Known Member

We had a blonde Cocker Spaniel for many years, and his name was Tyler. For some reason, we also began calling him Pooter. Since he was like our third child, I became "Pootersdad".

Norm

4. randy

randy Well-Known Member

This is a fun thread. While my name is...what it is...simply out of convenience, I remember the fun surrounding Red Stripe's "coming out of the closet," when there was all kinds of speculation about what gender Red Stripe was. She did a great job of stringing us along, all the way to the first pictures, of a Red Stripe! That old board seems like such a distant memory now--for a while it was pretty good, too bad it degenerated--but then we wouldn't have THIS one if it hadn't!
    randy (with or without the GO Capitals!)

5. Tobyn

Tobyn Well-Known Member

Okay, what's in a name . . . . I laughed when I read some of the responses, especially those that still think of me as Tread. Now the 'backstory' . . .

As stated before, my original login was my first initial and last name "Tread" and my better half was "Bread", also first initial and last name. Funny part is, at the time, I worked in vehicle fleet management so 'tread' fit in that sense as well. And Bread worked for the Commissary (the Army's version of a grocery store), so the name 'Bread' fit her work as well.

So now almost nine years later, I am in Vehicle Fleet Management (after several years in Logistics Management), and Bread has moved on to Logistics Business Management.

So call me Tread, call me Tobyn, but NEVER call me late for dinner!

Seamom, I remember the scavenger hunt on the Dawn . . .and Einstein going NUTS trying to figure out how you and red stripe got all the answers correct . . . . Makes me smile and laugh just thinking about it again. CH@OS was our first group cruise and we never looked back!

6. Mbandy

Mbandy Well-Known Member

7. red stripe

red stripe Well-Known Member

We did have him going didn't we seamom? that was a very funny story. And our cheeky faces as we had our picture taken:biggrin::biggrin:

8. H2O babe

H2O babe Well-Known Member

I remember back to the day when I joined and I, too, wondered if Red Stripe was male or female! We were planning our very first cruise with 6 teenagers in tow and this board was so helpful. We were sailing on the Carnival Glory and I remember a very helpful guy named Tom (board name Sodey) from Wisconsin who had just sailed on that ship. He gave me very good information and he's still around on the board here, just uses a different sign in name now. I have never actually met or cruised with anyone from this board but I know someday I'm going to get the chance. I enjoy dropping by frequently and feel I have made many cyber friends here.

I joined as H2O babe because I have lived all my life in Minnesota surrounded by lakes. I love the water and being on it or in it. I'm not sure why I didn't just use "water" but I find it to be a unique handle. The "babe" came in because, like Cruise Cutie, my hubby often calls me babe so I stuck that on there too.

I enjoy spending time here.

Kay

P.S. I also remember Tobyn as "Tread" and his wife as "Bread". The daughters were referred to as mini-loaves and I thought that was so cool! If I ever meet you in person Tobyn, I shall endeavor to remember that you are NOT Tread!!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  9. seamom

seamom Well-Known Member

:egyptian:

Scavenger hunt will always be a tremendously funny memory of Ch@os ! That gives me another idea for a fun thread as a spin off to this!

AND might I warn you that Tobyn alias TREAD has admitted he LOVES HUGS..........just be wary that you may receive one as he exits a COLD swimming pool and you may become the towel!

Now..keep adding your names but join in on my next thread for more fun!