Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

"Adult" fun in Cozumel

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by GlamDoll, Feb 22, 2005.

1. GlamDoll

GlamDoll Guest

Hi, as I have said, I am new to cruising. I am planning a cruise for September on the Conquest. One of the ports is Cozumel

Some guy at my job says at the bar in cozumel everyone has to be topless, is this true? I do like to drink and have fun but am not looking for a "girls gone wild" experience AT ALL.

Can someone please clarify this for me, it has made me very nervous.

2. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

The place is called Mezcalitos. Its also got a clothing-optional beach behind it. Email us for more info, since I don't want to post something here that is considered "not politically correct".
    MikeNBec6@aol.com

3. bOB

bOB Guest

There are several "fun" bars in Coz that don't require you to
    undress to have fun.
    If you want a lot of activity then Carlos & Charlies will serve you just fine.

4. GlamDoll

GlamDoll Guest

Thank You Bob, mikenbec I don't think I want that info, LOL, thats exactly what I'm NOT looking for!

Thanks guys!

5. I think you threw us all off with the 'adult' fun part, sometimes I forget us adults can have fun without taking our clothes off! LOL

Now, I went alone to Cozumel, don't get me wrong I do love my husband.... but I REALLY enjoyed having all the time in the world to go shopping, to eat alone at 'las palmas' watching the waves come and go... and I wen to the museum!

AND I'M NOT EVEN 30!

Have fun, no matter what you do.

6. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

CoppertoneGirl, nothing wrong with that. I hope your husband enjoys his vacations to Cozumel when he goes alone too!
    Glam, I understood you didn't want info on the "wild" stuff because you wanted to enjoy it, but we were just offering info on where the wild stuff happens so you can stay away from it. And we went to Carlos and Charlies and saw a bikini contest and a wet T-shirt contest, so you might want to think twice about that place too.

7. nimbex

nimbex Guest

I don't remember how long the conquest stayed at cozumel.... we had a 23 lay over one visit..... so we partied at carlos and charlies and senior froggies... $5 taxi ride in town. if you want to stay on the pier.... fat tuesdays is immediately out of duty free.... it seriously kicks up at night.

8. My husband went with his brother already! snorkeling, I hear, is what they did... Humm...!!

9. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

Copper, I'm sure he didnt' do anything you didn't do........LOL. The wife and I are lucky enough to have WAY more fun together than separately........but to each his own!

10. KcFanNindy

KcFanNindy Guest

wants to have fun!!!! Lets all go and watch and play!

11. KcFanNindy

KcFanNindy Guest

hell forgot to add.....what happens in Cozumel, stays in Cozumel!!!!!

12. Amen to that!! but this time I had to go alone for reasons beyond our power (he was away on business and there was a hurricane coming... he begged me to get out of Miami! a cruise was cheaper than round trip flight to Brazil!)... I made the best of it by doing things I know he would not enjoy, like going to the museum and staring at photographs and sculptures for hours...
    I must confess! I almost cried while eating at 'las palmas' and this musical trio started singing a love song to me!!! it just didn't seem right without him.

13. jbest

jbest Guest

Remember that if you have adult fun in Cozumel, and then want to hitch a ride with one of those bicycle guys who'll take you back to the ship -- those guys are working for tips, so make sure you've got cash to give them! Lots of inebriated people got on those bike trailers, but had no cash (or no small enough cash denomination) to pay the driver! Not cool!

14. GlamDoll

GlamDoll Guest

Thanks guys, I don't mind bikini contest and stuff but I don't like nudity and topless bars, its just not my thing. Im sure I will be okay!

Thanks guys and gals!

15. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

Copper, I'm the same way.......I went on a conference for work in Houston, and while everybody else went out I went back to the room and called home. Gotta love the feeling when you are walking up the walkway back home! And the "welcome back" night ain't bad either.........; )

16. I hear ya'!

I'm glad I'm not the only loser who stays in her hotel room during business trips!!!!

And believe it or not, my cruise had two ports of call and I only got off in Cozumel, I just could not pass it because I had been there before but we didn't go to the museum etc...

17. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

You've been to a bikini contest where there was no nudity? Never heard of that one before.....

18. Nice relaxing beach in Coz with good food & drinks is Paradise Beach. Massages on the beach for $1 a minute & probably the cleaniest restrooms in Mexico. Covered bar and umbrellas & chairs available. Fast, friendly service and great place to just relax before going back to Carlos & Charlies & Fat Tuesdays.

19. Brenda I'll check it out next time... DO you just take a cab to Paradise Beach?
    How much is it?