Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Adult-Only Escape?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Cruises' started by ArkJudy, Aug 28, 2002.

1. ArkJudy

ArkJudy Guest

Would love to hear from anyone who has been on one of the Celebrity Escape Adult Only cruises?

2. BSeaBob

BSeaBob Guest

I could be wrong here but I don't think they have had one yet.

3. ArkJudy

ArkJudy Guest

Thanks, BSeaBob! I didn't realize they were that new, and the idea really appeals to DH and me. Saw Lori's post -- perhaps that will be our next escape!

4. RAY

RAY Guest

The first one is Sept. 23, 2002. and we will be on it. Boy did the prices drop. We book a 1A and got a Cat #3 avery large family size for less money. It is the slow time of the year and the stock market isn't doing too good

5. Al

Al Guest

Nice concept. I'm wondering why, with all those folks bad-mouthing kids' behavior on cruises, the sailings haven't sold out. The dates/homeports don't fit my vacation schedule (being a Floridian, I don't sail during Sept. and Oct.), but I was hoping that the idea would catch on and expand - guess not. Celebrity does have credibility issues, given the fact that they've canceled more cruises than all other lines combined; and price reductions appear commonplace. I'm glad that you got the deal you did - enjoy!!

6. ArkJudy

ArkJudy Guest

Ray:

Be sure to post a review when you return. I'm anxious to hear whether you consider it an improvement. We just returned from cruising the Carnival Paradise. While I didn't notice any unruly children, there were a lot of babies aboard, and it seemed everywhere we tried to relax, we could still hear a baby crying!

Judy

7. SueClark

SueClark Guest

The 9/23 Millennium will also be the cruise where Celebrity launches it's new marketing strategy. It's aimed to make the ships more like a "W" hotel. We shall see what we think of the whole thing. I was excited about the adults only thing - we always schedule our trips around times when there will be few kids onboard. I'm going to reserve judgement on the other new changes.

Sue