Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Advice needed - Junior Suite vs. Superior Oceanview Stateroom on Freedom of the Seas

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by xxxyyyzzz, Jun 15, 2008.

1. xxxyyyzzz

xxxyyyzzz Guest

Our family (my husband and I, plus our two children aged 13 and 11) have never cruised before, but are considering going on a 7 night itinerary from Miami on Freedom of the Seas. Do you think it would be worth paying approximately $1700 extra to be in a junior suite rather than a superior oceanview stateroom with balcony?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
    MouseGirl

2. bOB

bOB Guest

$1700 is a chunk of change but if money is not a total factor, you will love the extra room with two kids, just the evening time spent getting ready for dinner will make you appreciate it.

3. Jamman

Jamman Guest

=yeah We had a JS on the Explorer and appreciated the extra room. We also have two boys 13 & 11. An added bonus with the JS is the walk in closet, which was my wife's favorite part!! :grin

4. xxxyyyzzz

xxxyyyzzz Guest

Thanks very much to you both - I think we will go for the junior suite (and the extra closet space would be a big bonus!)

5. lizzitish

lizzitish Guest

we did a balcony room with our two kids(12 & 15) and if we could have afforded the JS, we sure would have booked it....we did do it different this last cruise and got a pullman/balcony room instead of trying to cram them both in the pull out sofa. That in itself helped with them being able to sleep apart and not beat each other up during the nite....enjoy your cruise, you'll love it, and the kids will have a blast.

6. jetblue

jetblue Guest

Just to give you a good idea on what you are getting for that extra money take a look at the pictures below. This is on a different ship than the one you are going but it will be pretty similar, around 300 sq. feet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jamman

Jamman Guest

And I'll add a picture of the walk in closet, which in Jetblue's 3rd picture is the door on the right.

[​IMG]

8. JIM816

JIM816 Guest

I was on the Freedom on it's first major voyage March2007. It is a dup of the Glory which I have been on twice. You may be to late, but it you look at deck six on the aft their are several aft balcony rooms,both port and starboard, that are larger and have twice the balcony space. Also the aft, which sells out fast, has extremely large balconies. They used to be the same price on deck 6 as the lowest balcony. I would check them out.

9. mickeyboy7

mickeyboy7 Guest

Also to be considered are the extra PERKS if you book the Jr. Suite. You get credited for 2 cruises by Royal Carib & you get special embarkation privileges. (tu)