Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Alaska Sun........question

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by nu2cruising, Aug 18, 2007.

1. nu2cruising

nu2cruising Guest

For you Alaskan Vets.............In June/July......how late does it stay daylight in Alaska:p?

2. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

21 JUN is the longest day... either way from there is darker... of course earlier everyday you get lighter and after the 21st it gets darker sooner. If you only do the inside and go as far north as Skagway you really still will get a few hours each side of 1 am or so where it's pretty dark, kind of like dusk. You may be in Alaska but you are really not all that far north relative to 24 hour daylight. Seward you would really start notice the difference. Skagway you are still south of 60

3. Yukon

Yukon Guest

4. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

Great link Murry thanks. It sure explains with hours and minutes what I tried to say. :)

5. Skyglider

Skyglider Guest

6. lukababe

lukababe Guest

I'm really glad I booked an inside room. I work 3rd shift and I'm looking for some 'dark' sleep for a change on vacation.