Hmmm ... Perhaps he has given up the nasty habit as I have because I never saw him light up the entire time we were on the excursion. :clap: In fact as I recall he was always chewing on candy so perhaps he just gave it up.
I would recommend Capt. Larry although IMO I think ALL the excursion operators work together in passing info around on whale locations. So any IMO would probably provide similar whale viewing opportunities. Capt. Larry's was easy to find from the local pier as we made the walk in about 15 mins. Good Luck on your research. :boogie:
We always go with Captain Larry. Here are some of the resons why we do use him.
1. He has been doing whale watching in Alaska for close to 40 years.
2. He never fills his boats and his boats were designed by him for whale watching.
3. He has the fastest boats in the area and can get to areas where whales are being seen much quicker then others and sometimes farther away then others can get to because of the speed his boats go.
4. His boat and engine design cause less noise below water which tends to not scare away sea life as much as some of the other boats.
5. His knowledge and his crew knowledge of whales is top notch.
6. We have used Captain Larry many times and we always see something new and we always learn something new from him and we are fanatics on whale watching. We have done much studying on the subject of whales and have many books on whales but Captain Larry always finds us new information.
:doubleup: What Peb said
We have been with Captain Larry several times now and will be going with him again in May. We usually take a 'back to back ' with him. Our first ever whale watching trip on our first cruise was very disappointing and so on our second cruise we decided to try Orca Enterprises we were not disappointed.
Like E said I am not sure if he has given up smoking but we have never seen him smoke in the approx 9 years we have been on his tours.