Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Alaska: what to do with a child age 7..any suggestions??

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by ldecates, Mar 1, 2007.

1. ldecates

ldecates Guest

Our daughter, age 7, will be cruising with us to Alaska. Anyone has suggestions on what to do in port? Skagway, Junuea, and Ketchikan.

Any advise would be greatful

Liann =):)

2. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

If you guys are into trains or could be I reaaly recommemnd the Whitepass and Yukon. It's a great train ride. (Skagway)

Glacier in Juneau. 6$ bus ride

Ketchican...Hmmmmmm maybe the logging show or whatever it's called a very short walk off the pier.

All three towns are easy walks to business. Skagway being the furthest maybe 5 mins. The others unless you tender are right off the dock. unless in Juneau you are positioned away round the harbour. (RCI I think)

3. ldecates

ldecates Guest

thank you, those suggestions really help. She is extremely excited

4. halfdome86

halfdome86 Guest

I second the White pass trip. She may fall asleep however. Our son did.
    Check out the Duck tour in Ketchikan. kids love it and for adults it's nice too. Goofy but a tour of the town and then it drives into the water. Get the souveneer duck call and she'll love it.

5. CanCanCase

CanCanCase Guest

Duck tour in Ketchikan, and maybe the lumberjack show?
    My daughter (6) loved the train, but the ride down was spent listening to her iPod.
    Have you thought about taking her fishing? Juneau and Ketchikan have great shorter salmon fishing trips that - if you're careful which boat you select - are VERY kid friendly. Fishing is always the highlight of my outings with my kids, especially if they can catch a fish bigger than Mom or Dad's!

-Case