Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Alright, Alright....Here We Go Again..."Big Cats Invade The ???? "

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by StudMuffin, Sep 19, 2004.

1. StudMuffin

StudMuffin Guest

Hey all you Floridians,

I have been at work all day and did here anything about the storm till I got home. I hope you all are well with little or no damage. Greg and Barb, it looks like you might need a new roof...I know a few roofers that are cheap and they also travel :) :) . Just wanted to check in and let you all know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

2. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Hey all! How is everyone doing? I hope there are NO more hurricanes in florida! It is OUT OF CONTROL!

Has anyone heard from Kerry or Ken? I haven't seen either of them post in a while! I hope they are okay!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

3. terrellk11

terrellk11 Guest

We're here and doing just fine, though somewhat exhausted. You usually won't here from us much on weekends because we are almost always stuck with some sort of family/friend obligation that sucks up the time we'd rather be relaxing at home after a long week at work. This weekend the event was a wedding for one of my closest friends from law school, which I have to say was one of the more pleasurable "obligations" we've had in quite some time. Call me sentimental, but I've always liked weddings and this is a couple we were particularly pleased to celebrate with. On top of that, we got to see some of our other law school friends as well.

I hope that the hurricane wasn't too bad this time and that you've all made it through with nothing more than some scary memories and rain. Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing so we know you're safe.

-Ken

4. cruise-girl

cruise-girl Guest

Hey there everyone....we are finally rid of Jeanne, or better known around here as "Mean Jeanne"!

Deck Diva's roof is leaking because the area under the tarp was still compromised so as the tarp blew to the wind the rain came down. We have wet carpet in my neice's bedroom so we are in the process of moving her stuff and pulling up the carpet to dry out. Other than the carpet, we are all clear as far as we know.

We will be heading out to check the store soon. Hope we have power! Thanks for all the well wishes.

Barb, glad you are all okay! Has anyone heard from Regina and Tom?

Sheree, Greg and Jim, we are so glad you are feeling better. Well just wanted to check in. Will check back later...:wave

5. DeckDiva

DeckDiva Guest

Hi everyone,

As Dee said we did fine with the exception of a few minor set backs. But we are safe and well so thank God for that.

Ken and Kerry, We watched the tapes, thank you so much fabu....We are glad you had a such a fabulous time at your friends wedding...

We are off to the store, we will check back later this afternoon.

Glad to hear everyone here in Fl faired well. We are still waiting to hear from Regina and Tom....

Cris and Julie

6. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Cris or Julie, what tapes did you see?

Ken or Kerry, what is Kerry's "new job?" How is it going? I am glad you had fun at your friend's wedding!

Barb or Greg, I hope you are safe in Melborne(spelling?)

All Floridians, I HOPE & PRAY there are NO MORE hurricanes for 20 years! :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Any thoughts or plans for another Parrothead/BigCats cruise in the future?

7. 4evercruzin

4evercruzin Guest

Thanks for all the well wishes!

I received an Email from Regina. They survived the storm, but are quite rushed to move by the 30th. I am sure they will check in as soon as possible. They do live in Orlando and may have a power outage. My parents have no power and live near there.

Barb

8. Just checking in...I had power throughout the storm, I'm happy to say. I lost cable last nite, but I've got DVDs to watch. I went to work today, and we had power but no air. Did we get to leave? OH NO. I finally got a call from my boss (who only stayed an hour or so this morning) around 2:30 saying I could leave. Nice. Times like these, one wishes one was the boss!

Anywhoooo...I'm home now. I've showered and I feel MUCH better! And now I'm off to watch some movies!

Take care all!

XO Yogini

9. Oh yea, I forgot to add...

Attorneys. Rat bastards!!

(Present company...well, wait...I don't know ya' so I can't say. You might just be a rat bastard at work. Let me have your secretary's number Ken and I'll check that out! JK! Everyone loved you so I guess I can make an exception. Besides...you didn't say I had to be at work today - lol!)

10. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Yogini, That SUCKED!!!! I hope tomorrow will be a better day!!!!

11. 4evercruzin

4evercruzin Guest

Deck Diva,
    Sorry to hear about your roof leak. We called the insurance yesterday hoping for a repair soon. It is very scary when the roof is leaking AND you have power. Not a great combination-electricity and water.

Like you say, we are blessed to be alive after 3 hurricanes in 6 weeks!

Barb

12. DeckDiva

DeckDiva Guest

Barb, FYI...If you are leaking through any light fixtures or fans, you have to cut power from your circuit breaker to that area because it could cause a fire.

But you are right that we are blessed that we are all okay and the hurricanes were not as bad as they anticipated in our area at least. It is more of an inconvenience than anything else. I am so sick of not being able to get a roofer here to get an estimate that I can submit to the insurance company and contain the already jeopardized area.

But anyway we have power at the store and we are off to work today. So we are very pleased about that.

Jim, thanks for the info, it is greatly appreciated.

Dan, Ken and Kerry taped Amazing Race and Survivor and Doris and I are huge fans so they sent us the tape because we did not tape it while on the cruise. That made us very very happy.

Ann, it was good talking to you last night, I wish I was there to help you with Arrielle's b-day party. I am sure she is going to have a ball. We will call on Saturday to sing our annual b-day song.

I hope everyone else is doing well... We will check back later.

Cris

13. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Cris, Who did you want to win The Amazing Race & Big Brother?

To the Floridians: How is the cleanup going after the NASTY hurricanes? Are there ANY more? I HOPE NOT!

14. Glad to hear everyone is safe and sound and WITH electricity! in FL. I pray that Jeanne is the last hurricane you'll have to deal with this year!

Nancy

15. 4evercruzin

4evercruzin Guest

Believe me when I say I am not trying to twist your arm about sailing with us on the Mariner Oct. 2nd. This thread mentions the new C & A magazine has a coupon for $125 off each stateroom.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=84080&page=1&pp=25

In additon, I realize money is not a motivator? At least, that what I learned in business classes. (It sure motivates me)!

My roof has dried. One probably would not notice the damage. However, I will feel much better when it is repaired.

Have a blessed day!

Barb

16. dutyfree4me

dutyfree4me Guest

Hi Every one,

We are fine here. Thanks for asking. I am not so great at finding things on this site so I am not sure if this post will go through. Computer Nerd I am.

We did great during Jeanne although it did hit Wintergarden much harder than the other two.
    We never lost power, tv or phone for the third time. (Except for that little lapse on the cruise) we must be living right.
    Tom is working overtime again after the storm and we are frantically packing to be ready to close on the house this Thursday. Wish us luck.

We will check back in later

17. dutyfree4me

dutyfree4me Guest

I guess computer nerd was not the right choice of words........ computer idiot is more like it. I know nothing about computers except how to list products and write orders on them. Can't do that on this one at home so I am lost on this one. Plus it was a laptop and that makes it worse.

18. 4evercruzin

4evercruzin Guest

I thought the 9 day review was awesome. I was very disappointed in the ending!

A few end notes…

At a party this weekend some people asked us if we loved cruising, were we addicted, had we booked our next one yet… and we couldn’t believe it ourselves but our answers were NO. The ship? Fabulous beyond imagination. The crew? Über-gracious and giving of everything they had to give. The value for our dollar? Probably better than any other vacation we’ve taken. Seven+ days in the Caribbean? Who wouldn’t be happy with that. But we decided that while we had a wonderful and unforgettable vacation, cruising just isn’t for us. We spent so little time at each port that we don’t really feel like we’ve been to these places, we like to get to know a destination over days, not hours. And realizing that you’re this tiny dot in the middle of the sea, out of touch with no cell phone signal and sometimes no ship-to-shore lines available made us feel a little too remote for our own comfort. And while most of our fellow cruisers were friendly and fun to be with, cruising can be a little too social an event for us – sometimes we just wanted to be alone without a few thousand of our nearest and dearest just an elbow’s-throw away. And the week seemed a little too regimented too, regarding dinner times and assigned seats and carefully-arranged showtimes. We think we might try an Alaskan cruise someday – SOMEday – but no time too soon. We can certainly understand how so many people are cruise addicts, and we know that we picked the very best ship for our very first cruise, but we just think that we like land-based vacations better. If the Mariner didn’t convince us to make cruising our preferred vacation from now on, nothing will!

Happy cruising everyone!

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this review of the writer's first cruise experience was exceptional only to dissapoint the reader with this surprising ending.

Barb

19. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

That review was awesome, but I do agree with you Barb!!! The ending was crappy!

20. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Where are all the Cats? Noone has been posting recently! Kerry, Ken, Cris, Dee, Doris, Denise, Sheree, Ann, George, Jim, etc..........