Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Alright, Alright....Here We Go Again..."Big Cats Invade The ???? "

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by StudMuffin, Sep 19, 2004.

1. StudMuffin

StudMuffin Guest

Hey y'all,

First - Denise, from all of us from the frozen tundra.....Happy Birthday girl. It sounds like you had a great time, wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all. Cris mentioned a globe that you wanted, is there a collection that you like?

On the cruise front...I read an article this morning about the cruise lines reining in the cruise brokers real soon here. It might be a mistake to wait until the beginning of the year to put something together. If we can get good group pricing with a decent TA (do a search for either Lorie Cunningham or Skyscraper tours on any board, you will be pleasantly surprised with what everyone has to say about her) and also only a $50 per cabin deposit, it might be worth it to book something soon. Here are some sailings that I have put together. If you have any others, or just different dates, copy and paste them to this list and we can see about getting some prices.

Carnival - Eastern Dates Starting Prices

Legend - 8 nights Sept or Oct sailings 671.00

Valor - 7 nights Sept sailings only 481.00

Carnival -Western

Miracle 9/4, 9/11, 9/18 481.00

Valor 9/18, 10/02 481.00

RCCL Eastern

Mariner 9/18, 10/02 549.00
    * $125 coupon available for the 10/2 sailing

RCCL Alaska

Vision of the Seas- 9 nights 9/16 749.00

Princess - Eastern

Carribean Princess 9/17, 10/1, 10/8 529.00

Golden Princess 10/22 462.00

**Please note that 3rd and 4th passengers are quite higher on Princess and Carnival

2. StudMuffin

StudMuffin Guest

Here's that article that I read today...

<http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/travel/articles/1003cruiseprices03.html>

3. oriolesfan22

oriolesfan22 Guest

George - do your prices include the port charges and gov't fees?

4. StudMuffin

StudMuffin Guest

Sheree,

I didn't run the quotes all the way through, it would have taken all day to do that...you actually think that I would miss my first Sunday off with Football?

I went ahead and submitted those sailings to John, here at Cruise-Addicts for pricing, I'll let you know what they come up with. I'd really like to have our own sponsored page here at this site, makes it real easy to bring in others to our group.

5. David Santo

David Santo Guest

George,
    I happened to watch you Rams last night against the 49er's. They played well in the first half, but what happened in the second half? Our teams meet for the first time this year on Sunday, it should be a great game. I will have to go to the sports bar to watch it because Fox is slated to show the Panthers-Broncos game here in Orlando. Good luck to your team and thanks for the quotes.

6. StudMuffin

StudMuffin Guest

David,

You need to get Sunday Ticket. Looking forward to the game, where is it?

7. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Hey all! Did you have a good weekend?

8. 4evercruzin

4evercruzin Guest

Hello All!
    Do Parrotheads have a vote? If so, Regina, Tom, Greg and I vote for the Mariner, Oct 2nd, Eastern sailing. We would love to hang out with you wild Cats!

Ladies, St. Thomas is the shopping capital of the Caribbean. We recommend going to Mt. Top and trying a Bushwacker. Yum!

St. Maarten~Orient Beach has a nude and semi-nude beach. The beaches are beautfiul and worth going to see. We saw maybe 2 or 3 French girls topless and a lady from the ship who decided while in Rome... However, if you walk to the right, beyond the rocks, the people are all nude. We had never experienced a nude beach before, so yes, we walked over and peeked.

George,
    Thanks for posting pics of the ship. Wow! She really is a beaut!

Barb

9. David Santo

David Santo Guest

George,
    The game is in Seattle, and I don't have Direct TV so I can't get the NFL Sunday ticket. We are looking to go on possibly the Carnival Miracle or Valor, but not until the middle or later part of October. The couple that went on the Mariner with us wants to go later in October next year because they want to celebrate their wedding anniversary and the husband will be turning 50 around the same time. From what I understand they are bringing some of their families on the cruise next year, and some of them have never cruised before. We figured that Carnival would be the best ship for first time cruisers, but they are still deciding on either Carnival or RCCL. But Princess is a possibility too, we're just leaning more towards Carnival.

10. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Barb, where is the link to George's pics?

11. 4evercruzin

4evercruzin Guest

Dan,
    Look at the Mariner, Oct. 2nd thread.

12. StudMuffin

StudMuffin Guest

Hi Y'all,

Just to let you know, I recieved four quotes for different ships and itineraries today. If I don't have your email addy and you are interested in the quotes, make sure you email me at ....

azramsfan1@cox.net

While these quotes are through John here at Cruise-Addicts, I don't want to put prices on the boards until we have decided on a ship and sailing.

13. oriolesfan22

oriolesfan22 Guest

George - please e-mail me with the quotes - I am especially interested because we'd be supporting the cruise addicts board. I am leaning more and more towards the Mariner Eastern.....Sheree

14. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

I am not sure if we will be able to cruise on the Mariner in Oct! We may do Alaska for our next cruise! I am not sure when though!

15. Hi All..
    George...
    I like the Mariner too... .seems like the best deal . but would think about the Princess..
    Hope all is well
    Jim

16. Towanda

Towanda Guest

Hey All,

Just checking in. Been a bit of a stranger lately- sorry!

Switching jobs has taken up a lot of energy, and I managed to get into a minor car accident yesterday (car is fine, my back and neck are a bit sore).

I'm just finishing up editing close to 300 photos from the trip and will upload them to Snapfish. If you'd like to view them, send me your email address and I'll give you access to the service: kerryterrell@yahoo.com

Take care!

Kerry

17. oriolesfan22

oriolesfan22 Guest

Hey all....I hope you are all doing okay. Kerry - so sorry to hear about the car accident. I really hope you are okay! Hope you are enjoying the new job too!

I'm with Jim on the cruise preference. I'd like to do the Mariner again, but could be persuaded to do Princess if that's what the group decides. I just loved the Mariner, and would really love to do it again. Based on the info George has collected, do we need to be making our decision in the next week? I know I saw a 10/15 deadline in the e-mail. What is everyone else thinking???

I'll check in later - hope everyone has a good day!
    Sheree

18. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Hey all :) I hope everyone has a good weekend! :)

19. Kerry, I'm glad to hear you're okay - I can relate, girl, I had a car accident a little over a year ago that almost could have prevented me cruising. Or breathing for that matter. I can LOL now. ;) I hope you feel better very soon! Much love! (And I think I know an attorney that might be able to refer you to a good PI attorney! heh!) And, Kerry, I'll take a link to those pics missy...my e-mail is in my profile! Thanks a bunch!

Well, I got a message from HOSTKRISTI! Remember her from our old home!?! Anyway, she says we are legends on the new cruise board - - I'm not sure I can mention it here, so if you're interested - like Kerry said, post your e-mail or e-mail me, and I'll send you the link.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! YOU!!! TOO!!! DAN!!!

AND EVERYONE...DON'T FORGET TO VOTE WHEN IT'S TIME TO DO SO!!! Your vote DOES count!

XO Yogini

20. oriolesfan22

oriolesfan22 Guest

Hey - I am stealing the first milemarker!!!

Yogini - can you send me the thread that you are mentioning? slaborie@yahoo.com
    Did the debate get you going - I see the time of your post coincides with the debate?

Well guys - what are you thinking regarding the next cruise? Princess? RCCL? Carnival?

I'll be checking in this weekend - I hope others are thinking about the next one as much as I am!

Sheree