Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Alright, Alright....Here We Go Again..."Big Cats Invade The ???? "

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by StudMuffin, Sep 19, 2004.

1. kristikae

kristikae Guest

StudMuffin Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Girls,
    >
    > Found this in a review of the Miracle, guess who
    > the maitre'd is.....
    >
    >
    >
    > "The Bacchus Dining Room really does look a little
    > strange with those pink skittles on the walls. The
    > maitre'd, Ken, was really awesome. He would sing
    > at dinner (sounded just like Frank Sinatra) and
    > the waiters and waitresses would dance. That's
    > certainly different from any previous cruise I've
    > been on. The food was good, but I really think
    > that the food on Princess is better."
    >

Ken is generally moved to the new ships when they come out so he'll probably be on the Valor by then. Just though I'd let you know!

2. kristikae

kristikae Guest

Dang...I turned the page again! I'm getting good at this!

3. oriolesfan22

oriolesfan22 Guest

Bad dog....go back to your home! (lol Kristi)

Greg and I are really struggling with this guys....we like the Mariner and want to go Eastern this year....we're not 100% decided on what we want to do, but we've pretty much ruled out the Miracle. We'll read some more reviews before we completely make up our minds.

:(:(:(

4. cruise-girl

cruise-girl Guest

Yeah Jim.....we want to cruise soooooooooo bad next year but we will not know for sure until after spring. We are set on sailing the Miracle though. Be sure we will do everything in our power to sail.

Sheree, we would miss you and Greg terribly but totally understand. We tend to sail more for ships than ports, we meaning the Orlando Gang. Love the eastern route and want to do it again but on a different ship. We enjoyed the Mariner and will hopefully one day sail it again but we have at least 100 other ships to sail first before we start to repeat. I know the Miracle is western but it only repeats I think one port that we went to, since we did not make it to Grand Cayman. I wish I could take two cruises next year!! :lol

Well George, Anne and Arrielle, which way are you all leaning? Arrielle, your birthday present is on it's way finally. Please forgive us for being so late. :sad

Georgia, are you going to Alaska next year?

Well I have to go for now, check back later. :wave

5. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Hey all!!!! Who is Ken? Was he a maitre'd from a previous cruise?

How is everyone?

6. oriolesfan22

oriolesfan22 Guest

Well Dee we've already decided that if we cruise separately from the Big Cats that we have people to see in Orlando before we go! I don't know how we'd work it out but Greg and I would want to see you all when we are in the area! You got me thinking about "cruising for the ship not the ports" and I don't know what it is that we do - I think we cruise for the ship and maybe the number of ports since we've seen 'em all, just about! We tend to like 2 or 3 ports versus 4 or 5, and we have no problem staying on the ship if one of the ports is not a place that we want to go (for example, Columbia, George!). We're now thinking a little more seriously about Alaska in '06, too. Oh well - we're waiting to hear what the final decision of the group is for this year though - what is everyone thinking? Sheree

7. Good Morning All,

Sheree...
    I think I will vote for the Miracle.. because my kids asked to do a Carnival ship again, they say they have more fun on the carnival ship. and after the reviews I guess I can try carnival again. If we don`t get to sail again this year thogether.. maybe in 06 we can all do Alaska.. that is my dream cruise :)
    Hope everyone is doing well

8. StudMuffin

StudMuffin Guest

Hey y'all,

Well, Anne and I sat down and discussed the next cruise last night, and we are leaning more to the Miracle. We have yet to sail on that class of ship, and haven't been to two of the ports. But, my main reason for choosing this sailing out of Tampa, is I have a grandfather who lives there...we have never met. He is getting up in age and his health is failing him. I would like to meet him and the side of the family that I have never met.

Gotta go to work....

9. DeckDiva

DeckDiva Guest

Good Morning Cats and Dogs and Half Breeds...

I vote for the Miracle of course....As much as I hated the Glory ship and most of the food on Carnival, I am not going to allow that experience kill my chance at trying a spirit class ship on Carnival since I have heard so many great things about that class of ship and the photo's are insane fabulous,,, I also think the kids program on Carnival far exceeds RCCL and you can't beat the pizza. not that I need to eat another slice of pizza in my entire life, but you know that will never happen.

So with that said when we know if we can cruise next year which unfortunately won't be until next year sometime we will definitely be on the Miracle God willing.

Jim, I am still waiting for the Roofing company to negotiate with the Insurance co on the balance due for the roof. So hopefully we will have it repaired in the next month or so. It is great that Bubba kept in touch with the musician from the cruise....What a great dad you are to take him out there I bet he really enjoyed himself. Jim, I had lent Bobby Sue a red shawl on the cruise and forgot to get it back from her before we left....Do you think she could drop it in the mail to me as I would like to wear it to an event we have on November 17th....thx

George, where are the photo's did you post them? I am dying to see the ones from the last night......Let me know.

If for any reason you guys cruise without us next year, we must get together while your in town. George, maybe you and Anne could come in two days prior and we could go to Disney or something.

I hope everyone is doing great and we are very jealous that the weather up north is so fabulous...We are waiting for our nice weather to come.....Today is 87...God help us I am in a tank top and jeans today...It just is not right.

Well, have a great day and I will check back soon.

Cris

10. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Hey all!!!! I have read many posts of cruising in Alaska in 2006! Anyone intrested in doing an Alaska cruisetour? Courtney and I are thinking of doing a cruisetour!

Has anyone heard from Kerry & Ken? I hope they are okay

11. kristikae

kristikae Guest

Hi Kitties! Just here to put a litter box in your chat room!

Anway, speaking of Alaska, it just so happens that the Hounds are planning Alaska in late August/early September 2006. We have no idea of what ship yet but that is our planned cruise. We'd love to have you join us!

12. cruise-girl

cruise-girl Guest

Kristie, that sounds like it would be a fun cruise...Alaska won't know what hit them!! :lol

Hey Dan, yes Ken is the Maitre'd on the Miracle. Doris and I have sailed with him twice. Alaska sounds good for 2006. Of course we will have to cruise earlier in the year. Tell Courtney we said hello.

Sheree, of course we will meet up if we don't cruise together. Let us know as soon as you and Greg decide.

Well I must run, be back :wave

13. Hey Alaska in 2006 is a possibility for me too :)

Sooooo, Ken might be my maitre'd on the Valor in January??

Nancy

14. oriolesfan22

oriolesfan22 Guest

Ok - 23 hours since our last post - that's pretty lame guys! Speaking of lame, how about those Yankees? Hehehehehehe! So sorry they lost. NOT!

Hope everyone is doing well and has a good weekend ahead. We have a birthday/anniversary party for a family member Saturday evening and then we're attending the Browns game on Sunday. It's supposed to be pretty nice and around 60 both days.

Should we all send Ken and Kerry harassing e-mails about not posting? I think that would be a good idea!

OK someone, check in and say something!

15. Hi all,

Well I applied for a job today, it is were I am working now , but it is my bosses job, he just retired.. it looks like I have a real good chance at it , everyone wish me luck :)

Sheree,
    Hope you have fun this weekend :) I like the Idea about the e-mails to Ken and Kerry .

Cris,
    I talked to Bobbie Sue about the shawl, She is bringing it to my house this weekend..
    I have Dee`s address... but I just need your numbers .. you can e-mail me the numbers and I will have it in the mail on Saturday. Thanks so much for letting her use it :) I hope you get your roof all done soon .
    tell everyone we say Hi!!

Everyone Else have a good night :)

16. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Hey all I am glad everyome is doing good!!!! Have a great weekend!!

17. Hi All,
    Just checking in to see what is new.
    Have a good weekend all

18. Hi all alaska sounds good to me maybe on Princess or RCCL

19. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

I hope you had a great weekend all!

20. Tired2000

Tired2000 Guest

Anyone posting????

Everyone okay???