Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Amenities for Cats. PS, S, SS, A & B

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by ShipMaven, Jan 2, 2004.

1. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

For those asking about cabin amenities, here is the latest OFFICIAL list - forget about what may, or may not, be on other boards. Please bear in mind that these are what are in place now and do NOT include the upcoming Signature of Excellence upgrades that will be made in the fleet during the coming months. And, before you ask ;) , I don't have a list or time frame for those upgrades.....

PS and S guests have exclusive use of the Neptune (Concierge) Lounge - these lounges are being added fleet-wide (except Noordam).

And let me add another new perk that I know of - for those who may be using American Express Platinum cards, a new amenity is a complimentary dinner in the Pinnacle Grill.

Category: PS, S
    On all vessels with Penthouse Verandah Suites and Deluxe Verandah Suites the following are featured:

1. BATHROBE - one “cotton terry†robe per adult. This is for your use while on board - if you wish to purchase a robe, you may do so in the shops.

2. PERSONALIZED STATIONERY - name as it appears on manifest.

3. LAUNDRY, PRESSING AND DRY CLEANING - complimentary.

4. HIGH TEA - available upon request in the suite during the hours of regular tea service. You telephone Room Service for request. Silver service is used.

5. COLD PRE-DINNER HORS D’OEUVRES - complimentary, delivered to suite on request, through Room Service.

6. VIDEO LIBRARY - selection of videos (or DVD’s on Prinsendam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam) is made available for passengers’ use during voyage and checked out from the Front Office.

7. COCKTAIL PARTY WITH THE CAPTAIN - for cruises 10 days and longer, cocktails will be served prior to suite dinner. For all other cruises, suite passengers will be invited to the VIP party.

8. SUITE LUNCH AND DINNER - both lunch and dinner will be featured for cruises 10 days and longer.

Lunch menu and site location is determined by the ship.
    On all seven-day cruises, suite passengers will be invited for the Suite Lunch.
    Passengers who cannot attend the Suite Dinner are provided with a bottle of wine that evening in the dining room compliments of the Captain and Hotel Manager.

9. A STANDARD WELCOME CARD - personalized to the passenger by name, in envelope and signed by the Hotel Manager, is in each suite at embarkation.

10. CONFIRMATION OF SITTING - confirmed table size and sitting preference.

11. FRESH FRUIT - presented on silver plate or basket.

12. FRESH FLOWERS - colonial flowers placed in suite.

13. SPECIAL DISEMBARKATION – passengers leave ship at their leisure.

14. DISEMBARKATION LUGGAGE - Cabin Steward picks up luggage morning of disembarkation. (Not necessary to place luggage outside the cabin at night.)

15. A SEPARATE LOCATION - on the day of disembarkation, a separate location is set up in the public rooms where Suite passengers may wait for their disembarkation number to be called. A coffee set up is to be provided.

16. SPECIAL BLUE “S†TENDER CARD- will be delivered to each suite the night before a port requiring tendering.

17. OVER-SIZED BATH TOWELS, with embroidered blue HAL Logo, two per cabin.

18. FEATHER PILLOWS – on request.

19. FULL CABIN BREAKFAST - is available.

20. MINI BAR - including par stock of swizzle sticks, napkins, glasses, etc.

21. PERSONAL CONTACT – A hotel officer will make personal contact with the guest within 24 hours of boarding.

22. DEBRIEFING – suite guests will be personally contacted prior to the day of disembarkation to debrief the guest and confirm the overall cruise experience as satisfactory and to assure disembarkation procedures are clear.

23. CORSAGES and BOUTONNIERES - provided for the first formal night of the cruise to be placed in the cabin at noon.

Category: SS, A, B
    On all vessels with Superior Verandah Suites, Verandah Suites, Mini-Suites, and Deluxe Verandah Outside on Prinsendam only, the following are featured:

1. BATHROBES – two “waffle weave†bathrobes per cabin. To be hung in closet.

2. OVER-SIZED BATH TOWELS - embroidered blue HAL logo, two per cabin.

3. MINI BAR - including par stock of swizzle sticks, napkins, glasses etc.

4. A STANDARD WELCOME CARD - personalized to the passenger by name, in envelope and signed by the Hotel Manager, is in each suite at embarkation.

5. PERSONALIZED STATIONERY – as it appears on manifest.

6. FRESH FLOWERS - in small Rosenthal vase

7. FEATHER PILLOWS - on request.

8. VIDEO LIBRARY - selection of videos is made available for passengers use during voyage and checked out from the Front Office.

Post Edited (01-02-04 15:05)

2. SM, Thank-you so much for posting this. Just one question, For the PS and S amentites, #10 CONFIRMATION OF SITTING - confirmed table size and smoking preference. Is smoking permitted in the formal dinning room?

3. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Sorry, Suer. That should have read "sitting" preference, not smoking preference. All dining venues have been smoke-free for over a year.

4. AWWWWW shucks Shipmaven, I am having a real bad day today and was hoping MAYBE one cruise line might have a smoking section in the dinning room. Oh well. Guess I might live 5 minutes longer. :lol :lol Again thank-you so much for positng this info.

5. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Suer,

If you're a smoker (?), I think you'll be hard put to find a cruise line that caters to Americans/Canadians that allows smoking in the dining rooms.

Some cruise lines also won't allow smoking in public venues such as show lounges while others will have small, designated smoking areas.

6. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Thanks for the complete listing, Maven.

7. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

You're welcome, Sail.

Haven't seen you posting very much recently--of course, I haven't been reading much recently either - have been out of town....

8. sage

sage Guest

ShipMaven,

Do you happen to know if the PS on the Veendam is similar or the same layout as the Rotterdam penthouse? And do you happen to know when the Veendam may be getting their Neptune Lounge? Thank you in advance for any information.

9. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Sage,

The PS layouts are exactly the same on Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaandam, Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam and Veendam. The only difference will be in decor and, since Rotterdam has 4 PS's and Amsterdam 2, the layout may be reversed. All the other ships mentioned about have one PS forward on their starboard side.

Unless there has been a drydock date change of which I'm unaware, Veendam will be fitted with a Neptune Lounge and Pinnacle Grill during her drydock May 4th.

10. Thank you ShipMaven,

We are looking forward to our Oosterdam cruise on Jan 18th. This will be the first time on a Holland ship. We have an SS Cat. The information you provided is appreciated.

11. sage

sage Guest

Thanks ShipMaven for the information. Has anyone been on the Veendam lately, and is the ship in good shape. It is so convient to us, that we just may have to try her. We are thinking of back to backs. Must you get off the ship when she docks after the first trip, or you free to stay in your suite and enjoy the day?

12. All Wet

All Wet Guest

ShipMaven - Many, many thanks...just the info I needed!

13. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Connie - hope you have a great cruise and will enjoy Holland America. Please be sure to "tell us all about it" when you return.

14. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Sage - I haven't been on Veendam for several years, but I like the S-class ships very much. I've cruised on all of them. Veendam, as you probably know, is the newest of the four sisterships. Her brighter color scheme is similar to that of the R-class ships.

I've not done back-to-backs. Hopefully, Sail will see your question and reply to it. You will need to be sure to pick two dates where you can keep your same accommodations for both cruises. I'm guessing you're referring to a PS or S? Your TA should be able to find out if you would need to disembark/embark between segments. At most, I would imagine there would be a document check (if at all)...but neither I nor any of my Clients have done back to backs in the Caribbean. They (and I) have done multiple segments of cruises overseas.

15. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

All Wet - glad to be of help.

16. sage

sage Guest

Thank you ShipMaven for the information. We were hoping for Europe this year, but circumstances at home are requiring that we remain close this year. Perhaps Sail will see the post and reply. Again, thank you for the information on the Veendam.

17. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Thank you, as always, ShipMaven, for keeping us apprised of the changes at HAL.

Does the American Express Platinum card/Pinnacle Grill deal apply to all passengers or to suite passengers only?

18. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Lisa - to the best of my knowledge, the Amex Platinum Card Pinnacle Grill perk applies to all who qualify.

Sage - in case Sail doesn't see this note, your TA should be able to get the answer for you. Or, you might e-mail BurBunny - she recently did back-to-backs on Volendam in the Caribbean.

19. peaches

peaches Guest

We just did b2b's. Yes, you have to get off the ship, show your passport to immigration in the terminal and then you get right back on the ship through the crew gangway. It takes all of about 2 minutes to do. Just walk off, flip open your passport and walk back on. You will be called as a group to do this after everyone else has disembarked. Now that new pax are boarding right after 11 o'clock the b2b passengers barely have the ship to themselves for any length of time at all.

20. sage

sage Guest

Peaches, thank you for the information. It sounds very easy, and I think that it would be a lot of fun as well, especially if I can secure the same suite for both sailings.