• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Amerisuites Ft. Lauderdale

S

SueSeaQ

I've read a lot of good reports from everyone about the Amerisuites and will try to book there in July (if I can talk my husband into a birthday cruise for me). I know they have a free shuttle to the pier but was wondering if this is the best way to go. Does it leave early enough? Is it so packed with cruisers you have to wait for the next one? I was wondering if you could even walk to the pier.
Thanks for any help.
Sue

L

Lisa

It is a bit of a walk to the pier (especially with luggage! lol) but if you get a room on one of the top two floors in the rear you can see the ships in port. When I was there in February, we watched the shuttle depart - it seemed they were busier picking up returning cruisers than taking ones to the docks - if you get a taxi it is only a few bucks to get there.

A

angelpug

It was no big deal getting the shuttle from the airport, or to the pier. We had a bunch of us heading that way, and even a few people heading to Princess, and the shuttle never takes more than 15 minutes a run.

Just let the front desk know that you're waiting on the shuttle.

I'll be there overnight the 6th of July. I booked the $69.00 rate before the Board Cruise, just in case it was as nice as everyone said it was. I was so happy with everything, I even booked the Amerisuites for Jacksonville, Florida for the drive down to Ft. Lauderdale!!

By the way, Lisa is right about seeing the port from the back rooms. I requested one of the upper floor, back rooms for July!

Hope You Have A GREAT Time!
Jaime

A

Audrey

I would get your name on the list for the shuttle when you check in not wait for the next morning. We had transfers but if we would have know we could have taken the shuttle instead.

S

SueSeaQ

Thanks for the quick responses! I guess my next question is where to get the best rate. I've read posts saying people spent from $59 to $159!
Sue

L

Lisa

Check out their website www.amerisuites.com click on Florida click on Ft.Lauderdale 17th St. click on reservations and scroll all the way down - the better deals are usually at the end of the list.

L

Lady Jag

You can wait for the shuttle, but from what I've heard, it fills up quickly. When we took a taxi from Embassy Suites (next door), it was only $3! Can you believe it? It was well worth not having to wait in the big line of cruisers trying to get to the port and we arrived before the big buses by taking the taxi too.