Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

An Open Letter to Past Members

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by John, Apr 13, 2009.

1. DougH

DougH Guest

Hi John, just checking in. I don't post much anymore, but like you said I do check in fairly often. (my favorite is the cruise review section) I'm still in close contact with a lot of people I met here on the board on a regular basis.
    In fact I sail to Alaska (for #14 there) in about 10 days with Mgram and CruiseAholic. And just got an email from Divetex today. A largee group of us are cruising together in Sept, you'd probably know all of the names.

Thanks for hooking me up with some great friends. This board and the RSMC really changed my life :)

DougH

2. Beryl

Beryl Guest

Divetex...now there is a name from way back when! Please ask him to come on over and say hello! Enjoy your Alaska cruise with all those "oldies" :) !

3. John

John Guest

Hi DougH, So good to see your posting. Thank you for your continued visits. We would love to have you and the others post here once again. You and the others are a big part of our history here and maybe we could re-unite on a cruise in the future.

4. John

John Guest

Hi Ken, Where have ya been! So good to see your posting. We haven't forgot about you! Its so good to see you post again.

How have you been?

What cruises do you have booked?

5. John

John Guest

Hi RosieRosie, So good to see you posting. I sure have missed your posts. How have you been?

6. John

John Guest

Hi Bibb, I understand but, ofcourse you do have a fan club here. So I hope we can entice you to make more appearances. :)

I hope all is well with you and yours.

7. Ken_2000

Ken_2000 Guest

G'day mate! LIsa! Twaddles!! Well, life has just pulled me in all different directions! I'm well and still active with Debbie in the cruising world. We just got off of the NCL GEM about 4 weeks ago. I lost count at the moment but I think that makes about 11 or 12 cruises for me and about 13 for Debbie. We were looking at pricing for the QM2 for this coming Labor day but couldn't fit it into our budget. It was a 4 day Canada cruise.

We're actually 1 inch from booking the Carnival Dream out of NY for a 2 dayer so we're excited about that.

NCL was really very nice, enjoyed every minute of it, but we're still Carnival people.

Gee I wonder if Red, and E and Neecy, and all the other regulars saw me here =huh

8. Mbandy

Mbandy Guest

Hi Ken.....good to see you.

9. Einstein

Einstein Guest

Now how could we miss a familiar name like Ken. :grin Good to see U and the Better Half and stop on in MORE when time allows. :thumb DougH ... It always Gr8 to scan thru your photos when I get the album Links from U. Enjoy those upcoming cruises. :dance

10. red stripe

red stripe Guest

no Ken.. I did not see you :grin

congratulations on the many cruises.. you are living life well. so start sharing your up to date cruising knowledge with all of us.

11. Ken_2000

Ken_2000 Guest

Mike! It's nice to "see ya" again! I can truly come home again. Very nice.

12. Ken_2000

Ken_2000 Guest

Red! It's always a pleasure. And a big high five to E! Be glad to share personal experiences...Stay tuned :)

13. rhen33

rhen33 Guest

I am so happy to see ya!
    You always kept things so lively on the boards.

14. conniecat

conniecat Guest

Hey, Ken, How's your big but, er, I mean bus???? :lol (big typo he made, lol)

15. Seawall

Seawall Guest

Whew, just been so busy.. no cruises planned, just getting older! :)

16. John

John Guest

Hi Ken and Seawall, I'm sure happy to see you both reply. I would love to have you back posting again when time permits. Its users like you that we need here.

17. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I just now found this thread and I'm happy I read it.
    I go to the HAL board but almost never here and rarely the Community Board.
    It's good to see familiar names.
    I, too, miss Hucc. I still think of him from time to time.

18. Hello everyone,

I check in once in awhile, but haven't been posting much. Miss it and will try to visit a little more often.

My recent days have been spent in job search. After 27 years, the company closed my position and gave me a small parachute with lots of holes. :)D

19. Peddler

Peddler Guest

Well I haven't posted much and haven't been here in a while...

Retired, no cruises booked but still looking, enjoying the retired life (more time, less money).

I'll try to get back by more regular.

Later
    Jim

20. Cruisinpat

Cruisinpat Guest

Hi John and all cruise @ddicts members. It's nice to be missed around here. I have been busy with life to include my daughter's wedding, some personal stuff, and having weight-loss surgery. The surgery was a major deal as I developed a wound infection which kept me down for quite a while. I have subsequently lost 143 lbs and go to the gym 5 days a week to stay in shape. Craig (my DH) and we still cruise once a year. Our next cruise is on the Oasis of the Seas in January and I am so excited about going on that ship.

I hope that everyone is doing well around here. I have missed you and all of the fun things going on. Take care and I'll try to be better at posting.

Pat