Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

An update on Jeff

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by ShipMaven, Jul 12, 2008.

1. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

You may remember my requests for prayers for Jeff, the 43 year-old Father of the family who watch Pucci when I travel. He has metastatic colon cancer.

Yesterday, Jeff was transferred to hospice - we know what that means. :( Jeff has been going downhill steadily, despite all sorts of chemo treatments, surgeries, various procedures. He finally gave up and refused any further treatment - the last round of chemo was making him very ill. It was a unanimous family decision made by Melinda (his wife), his brother and sister.

Please continue to keep Jeff in your thoughts and prayers, that he may be comfortable during whatever time he has left. Thank you. If he's up to a visit, Pucci and I will go see him tomorrow.

Mary Ann

2. Rubysky

Rubysky Guest

Jeff and his family are in my prayers.

3. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Mary Ann, I am so saddened to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers continue during this indescribably difficult time for Jeff and his family. I hope you and Pucci are able to have a visit tomorrow.

Hugs,
    Lisa

4. elliottsmama

elliottsmama Guest

I am afraid the cure is worse than the disease. My best to his family and to you also Maryann.

5. Mbandy

Mbandy Guest

Thanks for posting Mary Ann. I have been wondering about Jeff & Melinda because I know how much you care for them. I am so sorry that the news isn't better. They (and you) are in my thoughts & prayers =hug

6. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Thank you so much for your support, prayers and good thoughts. They are truly appreciated. {{{HUGS}}}

Mary Ann

7. audrey

audrey Guest

prayers continue to jeff and family

8. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

Prayers for Jeff and family.

9. TexasSue

TexasSue Guest

Prayers from here too.

10. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

Prayers to Jeff and his family..

11. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

I'm so sorry to hear this. I do hope the time he has left he is as comfortable as possible. Cancer is a horrible disease that has struck many members of our families. He will be in my thoughts.

12. Beryl

Beryl Guest

Oh Mary Ann, I am so sorry to read this. Jeff and his family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Special =hug=hug=hug to you too in this very difficult time.

13. gottacruz

gottacruz Guest

he is in my prayers, as is everybody.

14. debowah

debowah Guest

Prayers going up to St. Peregrine for Jeff and those who care for him. Peace for all..........

15. JacquieP

JacquieP Guest

Mary Ann, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't really blame him,because I've always thought that quality of life is better than quantity, but I hate for you, Jeff, and Melida to be forced to deal with the demon we call cancer.

16. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Again, sincerest thanks for your kind words, prayers and good thoughts. I realize that many, if not all, of you (us) have dealt with the hideous demon cancer in one way or another. How wonderful it would be if a cure were ever found. I lost my Dad to metastatic colon cancer, and I would have hoped that the advances I've read about in the 22 years since Dad passed away would have helped Jeff and thousands like him. Sadly, I'm wrong.

Now I pray that Jeff will be comfortable during whatever time he has left, and that his family can find strength to get them through this difficult period.

Mary Ann

17. JANPEP

JANPEP Guest

Oh Mary Ann I'am so sorry that this is such terrible news.
    My prayer's & good thought's will continue for Jeff & his family & also for you.

18. sage

sage Guest

Mary Ann, I'm so sorry to hear this news about Jeff. I know that his family is going through a most difficult time, and I pray that God will watch over all of them and give them strength to deal with this. I also know that this ordeal will be made easier by your friendship and prayers for them. I also pray that Jeff will find comfort in his family and friends during this time. Thank you for keeping us all updated, and my prayers will continue for Jeff and his family.

19. Corky

Corky Guest

Shipmaven - I will keep your friend Jeff, and his family, in my thoughts. And hope that he soon finds comfort, as do they. And I wish the same for you, as I know how close you, and Pucci, are to them. =hugs

20. Mgram

Mgram Guest

I'm so sorry Mary Ann. May Jeff have as many comfortable days as possible before his final journey........may it be a peaceful one.