I just saw the latest pictures also and I am HORRIFIED, that this child (and his parents) can survive this. God bless medical science. I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face and all I want to do is hug both my DS'es and my grandbabies too. Cindy, Dan and Elliott, you are TRUE HEROES and I salute your courage and bravery.
Just wanted to Thank everyone for your prayers and kind words. Nightmare does not even begin to describe what we are going through. Just keep the prayers going that he pulls through without a lot of crap to deal with when he comes home. He needs his life back
Elliott appears to have taken a turn for the worse again.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 7:12 AM, CDT
A quick update as I am at work Elliott is experiencing bleeding and has been throwing up. It was a bad night for both the boys. I am waiting on a conference call with the medical team today and may be heading downtown after that. I had a bad night sleeping as I had a bad feeling. Never underestimate a mom's intuition. Dan and I may have some difficult decisions to make soon here. I do not want to lose my baby but I cannot allow him to continue to suffer. As I said, waiting on some information before I can begin to process anything. Needing everyones prayers for comfort and wisdom for all of us.
Thanks, Popcorn. Here is that later update for those who don't subscribe to the Journal...
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:08 PM, CDT
I will be getting a call this afternoon from one of the doctors but basically they are going to do a lot of tests to see what is going on. According to Dan, I am to stop even thinking that we are not bringing him home and be positive. I will certainly try my best but moms and dads are made differently and think differently and well, you know. I did find the following on facebook today from the cancer warriors group that I belong to "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place
Once again, a sign....as you all know I believe in so much. I have to keep telling myself that if Elliott is done, he will tell us and so far he has wanted to fight. Pray there is enough strength in him to do so. This ride we are on is making me physically ill.
Having a tough day all the way around. What the doctor thinks is that Elliott is bleeding from the intestines. Not sure why yet but yet more tests. It may be air in his tubes? (I'm sure don't understand a lot of this either) And he may have a fungus infection. Please pray that they are wrong on that one because I have never known that to be a good thing. The nurse that takes care of him the most told Dan that everything wrong is still fixable and she would let us know if it was time to stop trying. But until either Elliott let's us know or medical field says enough, we keep going forward. I may take a break from this page for a day or two. I have a doctors appt of my own tomorrow to rule out some woman issue and I am tired. But if it is super important, I will get on here and update. JUST PRAYERS PRAYERS PRAYERS