Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Anybody care to guess how much this site costs to run per month?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by John, May 8, 2003.

1. margie

margie Guest

Im guessing $1593.00

2. Cricket

Cricket Guest

$787.55 If I win, send it to our sweet little guy Elliott!

Post Edited (05-09-03 00:03)

3. John

John Guest

Cricket your one minute late.

4. Carmaster

Carmaster Guest

I venture to say the utilities and the periphial expenses are $2,000.00 per month but what do you figure for labor ? Now thats...............priceless ! ! Regards.........Gene W.

5. John

John Guest

I have checked all the answers and no one fell within $10 of what it cost last month. One user was vert close to getting this though... I will however be sending Elliott and his family T-shirts from everyone here's behalf.

Thank you for participating and the kind words of support. It is indeed very expensive to run this site, definately a nice cruise each month.. not including labor, annual contracts, side projects, and out of pocket expenses. Its worth it though as Its been allot of fun.

Please do business with our sponsors and let them know how much you appreciate their support.

They include - Skyscraper Tours - <http://www.skyscrapertours.com>
    Cruise Quick - <http://www.cruisequick.com>
    ShipMaven
    All the flashy people :)

6. Hooked

Hooked Guest

That;s great John, I'm sure Elliott's family will enjoy the shirts!!!

7. SandyBeach

SandyBeach Guest

Thanks for sending the T-shirts to Elliot and his family...that was a great idea Hucc!!

Captain John....Thanks for all you do and have done!!

8. bOB

bOB Guest

and he didn't even mention me cause I put him way over budget............................

9. Mgram

Mgram Guest

Kudos for the T-Shirts to Elliott's family.........so, now.....John.....you're not going to tell us how much it costs per month??? If it were known, maybe there would be less griping....and we would all be a little more thankful!!!!!!

10. Seawall

Seawall Guest

I don't think it is fair for me, nor anyone else to take a guess at how much running this board costs John each month.
    In the past, I've often expressed to John that I would become a paying member, just to enjoy the privilege of this board.
    Having said that, if John so chooses to make this a pay for board, I would gladly join. I really don't like the pop ups, but if it funds the board, then so beit. We'll just have to get used to it.

11. surfergirl

surfergirl Guest

John,
    Thanks for sending the prize to Elliott.
    As for the cost, that is for you and you alone. Griping will continue whether it is $1.00 or $1 million. Can't please everyone. When posters bash this site on other sites, look at it as a compliment. Jealousy has many faces.
    :candle

12. gambler

gambler Guest

Thanks John, but since we all went through this effort it would be nice to know who had the closest guess??

13. Einstein

Einstein Guest

So bOBert thats why my salary was cut?? :grin

14. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Well bOB.. if you and Einstein would stop eating all those donuts... :grin

and BTW.. where is that mouse..did he head back into his hole? :lol

15. bOB

bOB Guest

You got a salary..................................................

16. John

John Guest

Glad you enjoyed it, the closest guess was (Lynn Might say this).

17. mrsrocster

mrsrocster Guest

John! Not fair, give us a name, who was the closest? Even though Elliott himself didn't guess, he is still a winner in our eyes!

18. nieciez

nieciez Guest

I missed all this excitement! Glad to hear you are sending Elliott and his family the tees! Way to go John. And I must agree, you do a heck of a job and a few banners and pop ups are OK by me!

19. elliottsmama

elliottsmama Guest

I am overwhelmed by everyones generiousity in wanting to give Elliott the shirt. He gets a big kick out of the attention everyone shows him. I too appreciate your thoughtfulness.
    Thank you very much John for your generous offer. I love this site even though I have never had the joy of going on a cruise. I have wanted the shirts but as you know our finances are poor at best right now. We will wear them proudly. You have made a family very happy today!
    God Bless you and all the fine members of this board.
    Love
    The Aldrich Family

20. CruiseColl

CruiseColl Guest

Kudos to John for sending the T-shirts!! Great idea Hucc!! And everyone won because Elliot and family won!!