Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Anyone booked to go on Mariner?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by SylviaB, Jun 19, 2003.

1. reeran

reeran Guest

Hi !
    Bigsteelerfan ,I don't know if they do anything special but knowning them I bet they do.
    Japrogrammer, the godmother/ godfather of the ship is the person who christens it. Whoopi Goldberg just christened the Serenade. I actually became interested in this when we traveled on the Adventure in March. The adventure was the first cruise ship to enter New York Harbor after 9/11, it went there to be christened. Royal Caribbean hosted a cruise for the victims familys from 9/11 out of New york for a few days and also it was christened by Mayor Guliani and 2 policemen and 2 firefighters family members. A bit of trivia...The adventure of the Seas was docked in New York harbor when the Airtran plane crashed in new York in Nov. 2001. So not knowing if it was 9/11 all over again, they quickly departed. There is a web site for this but I cannot find it. But onto the Mariner!!! We can't wait....If this is your first Royal caribbean cruise [and believe me it won't be your last] be sure to sign up for Crown and Anchor when you get home. The next time you cruise you will get a little coupon book when you get on it has bogo drinks, free wine tasting party, discount coupons and on the Adventure they gave us each little fanny packs with the ships logo on it. The first 5 cruises you will be a gold member. After that you become a Platinum which may give you upgrades and a special lounge. After 10 you become diamond and you get more perks. It's nice to see so many hometown people on these boards...one other thing.......

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!
    8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8-86-8

2. japrogrammer

japrogrammer Guest

Thanks for the info. Based on reading the messages on these cruise message boards, I'm sure we'll have a great time. In fact, it is starting to become obsessive.

I figured out what a godmother was when I saw this article on one of the CC message boards:

"Royal Caribbean International Names Jean Driscoll Godmother Of Mariner Of The Seas Largest Cruise Ship to Sail From Port Canaveral to be Named Nov. 14"

You can find the article if you go to their Cruise News Message Board and search for "godmother". The date of the post was 09-26-03 06:09 PM

3. sapphireblue

sapphireblue Guest

Sailing on the Mariner on Feb 22, for our 25 anniv. Have sailed the Navigator and Adventure, we loved the megaships so much that we may never do anything else.

4. Wanderer

Wanderer Guest

We are booked for back to back cruises on Mariner 1/18
    /04 and 1/25/04. We have been on Explorer and Navigator and are really looking forward to 2 weeks on Mariner.

5. japrogrammer

japrogrammer Guest

Hi sapphireblue!! It's a small world. We also will be on that cruise celebrating our 25th anniversary! (although our anniversary is actually in June).

6. GG

GG Guest

Our family is booked for Mariner, May 23,2004.
    Can't wait!

7. I'm booked for November 30. Can't wait. Just 56 days to go.

8. aagglaser

aagglaser Guest

Looks like we have the most time to wait so far...9/12/04! Wish it could be sooner, but we just got off the Glory last month and can only do this once a year.

9. Melrosgirl

Melrosgirl Guest

July 18th for the Western Caribbean !

10. Keithn

Keithn Guest

My family and I are booked on the Nov 30-Dec7 sailing. My kids, 11 and 6, are really excited about it.

11. Mmketeer

Mmketeer Guest

Hi Keith,

I'll be on the Mariner with you on Nov.30th! Are you sure it's just your kids that are excited? <BG> I know I am excited as this will be my first time sailing on the RCCL's ship!

See ya on board Keith and Betty!

Mmketeer....breaking in the Mariner for her first Western itin. sailing!

12. My husband & I are booked on the Mariner May 9, 2004 for our first anniversary. We were on the Voyager in May 2003 for our honeymoon. We were so impressed with the Voyager class ship, we decided to do it again! I'm just wondering what restaurants or new things this ship will have? Anyone heard yet? We're dying to know!

Anyone else joining us this time around?

13. sapphireblue

sapphireblue Guest

Thanks for the reply. Our anniv is actually the 24th. We went 2 years ago that week also. It is a small world. Have you planned any excursions yet? My husband and I are hooked on cruising and have done this itinery 3 times so we are looking for new ideas, if you have any let me know. Can't wait.

14. japrogrammer

japrogrammer Guest

sapphireblue wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Our anniv is actually the 24th. We went
    > 2 years ago that week also. It is a small world. Have you
    > planned any excursions yet? My husband and I are hooked on
    > cruising and have done this itinery 3 times so we are looking
    > for new ideas, if you have any let me know. Can't wait.

This is our first cruise on this itinery so we should be asking you for ideas :) Actuallly this is our first 7-day cruise so everything is going to be new. Our only other cruisin' experience was a 4-day cruise on the Big Red Boat about 6 yrs ago

I've heard good things about Stingray City, so we will probably do that. Thinking bout going with Captain Bryan. May do Dunn River Falls if my wife's knee can take it. Heard about an excursion that couples that with tubing which sounds fun. At Cozemel haven't decided anything definite although the wife would like to do the submarine tour. Do you know anything about that?

15. Loco&Silly

Loco&Silly Guest

We are booked on The Mariner on February 1, 2004. Anyone else on this date?

16. bikevegas

bikevegas Guest

My Wife, daughter, and mother in law are booked for 5/23..I wasn't invited! Oh well, I am planning me a cruise right now! :AL:USA

17. Keithn

Keithn Guest

Yes my wife and I are excited to be going on this cruise. We went on Sovreign of the Seas back in January, but this I believe is really going to be a great cruise. I am taking my kids to the port on Nov 11 to she the ship come in, I only live about 20 minutes from the port. Can't wait till the 30th

18. JennN

JennN Guest

Hi Sylvia,

My boyfriend and I are booked for the Mariner for the January 25 cruise. He's been on several cruises, but it's my first and I can't wait. We are counting down the days.

Jenn