Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Anyone recieved $75 shipboard credit?

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by Mary Jane 711, Sep 30, 2004.

1. I checked my cruise personalizer yesterday on Princess. It said I have a $75 balance for shipboard credit for some promotion. Yeah! Thats a nice surprize! Has anyone else gotten this?

2. bikevegas

bikevegas Guest

I got my cruise tickets the other day and had a $25 per person shipboard credit for my wife and I...Don't know why but I am not complaining! Where do you look on the personalizer to see?:AL:USA

3. I believe it was the Circle Savings section....

4. kd6ire

kd6ire Guest

Many time this is done by the Travel Agent as a thank you for using them. I have a $200 credit for booking through Princess direct on a special sale. There are many reasons, but it is always nice to spend.

Don

5. mfallone

mfallone Guest

MAny times, if the cruise line lowers the cost of the cruise (after you've paid) they will give you a shipboard credit. This helps ward off the event that you might find the price lower and want it - by giving you the credit before hand, they've addressed the issue and all parties are generally happy.

Maggie

6. Solution

Solution Guest

Ah ha, that won't happen. The only time the cruise line will give you a refund is when you ask them. They won't automatically give you a credit as a refund.

7. stanleyd

stanleyd Guest

I am getting one for my cruise in November for $300 but it is becaue they took out some stops and they canceled a lot of excursions.

8. If you book a "phantom cruise" while on board, they will give you either a $50 or $100 shipboard credit person.

9. higavin

higavin Guest

Where do you look to see shipboard credit?

10. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

There's a $25 per person shipboard credit promo going around right now. Just got it yesterday and on top of our future booking credit, it'll cover the tips charged to our account. :)

11. we3k9

we3k9 Guest

I was always told you cant use shipboard credit towards tips, am I right folks?

12. DJA

DJA Guest

Actually you can... the shipboard credits land on your stateroom account, as do the tips.

13. kathy s

kathy s Guest

We also have $75 per person for our February cruise. It is not a thank you from our TA, I asked. It is not a future booking credit as we did not go that route. Obviously it is some sort of promotion, but which one, I have no clue. Was just happy to get it!
    Kathy

14. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

I think we have a $50 ship board credit right now for each of the two cabins we booked for 3/2005.

15. LBcruiser

LBcruiser Guest

That's funny- because when I called Princess directly for prices on cabins for our Feb. 18th cruise on the Dawn, they wouldn't match the $100/pp shipboard credit that Expedia was offering us for the exact same cabin, same exact price, except we were getting the credit. I even said, "well I guess I should just book with them, huh?" and they said yes. Go figure!
    Laurie

16. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

Laurie - It must be a travel-agent only bonus then. Booking directly with the cruise lines is a different thing sometimes. Hope you got a good deal with Expedia. To make sure, check a few other websites. :)

17. zjan

zjan Guest

We have a 70.00pp credit. It was a coupon in a mailed we got from Princess, which I sent in. ::))

18. lisalovlee33

lisalovlee33 Guest

I'm so jealous.. nothing in my account :(~~