• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyone recieved $75 shipboard credit?

M

Mary Jane 711

I checked my cruise personalizer yesterday on Princess. It said I have a $75 balance for shipboard credit for some promotion. Yeah! Thats a nice surprize! Has anyone else gotten this?

B

bikevegas

I got my cruise tickets the other day and had a $25 per person shipboard credit for my wife and I...Don't know why but I am not complaining! Where do you look on the personalizer to see?:AL:USA

K

kd6ire

Many time this is done by the Travel Agent as a thank you for using them. I have a $200 credit for booking through Princess direct on a special sale. There are many reasons, but it is always nice to spend.

Don

M

mfallone

MAny times, if the cruise line lowers the cost of the cruise (after you've paid) they will give you a shipboard credit. This helps ward off the event that you might find the price lower and want it - by giving you the credit before hand, they've addressed the issue and all parties are generally happy.

Maggie

S

Solution

Ah ha, that won't happen. The only time the cruise line will give you a refund is when you ask them. They won't automatically give you a credit as a refund.

S

stanleyd

I am getting one for my cruise in November for $300 but it is becaue they took out some stops and they canceled a lot of excursions.

C

CruisingBryan

If you book a "phantom cruise" while on board, they will give you either a $50 or $100 shipboard credit person.

L

Lady Jag

There's a $25 per person shipboard credit promo going around right now. Just got it yesterday and on top of our future booking credit, it'll cover the tips charged to our account. :)

K

kathy s

We also have $75 per person for our February cruise. It is not a thank you from our TA, I asked. It is not a future booking credit as we did not go that route. Obviously it is some sort of promotion, but which one, I have no clue. Was just happy to get it!
Kathy

N

Nanni-B.

I think we have a $50 ship board credit right now for each of the two cabins we booked for 3/2005.

L

LBcruiser

That's funny- because when I called Princess directly for prices on cabins for our Feb. 18th cruise on the Dawn, they wouldn't match the $100/pp shipboard credit that Expedia was offering us for the exact same cabin, same exact price, except we were getting the credit. I even said, "well I guess I should just book with them, huh?" and they said yes. Go figure!
Laurie

L

Lady Jag

Laurie - It must be a travel-agent only bonus then. Booking directly with the cruise lines is a different thing sometimes. Hope you got a good deal with Expedia. To make sure, check a few other websites. :)