Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Anyone use a coffee maker that doesn't dribble?

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by MARIPOSA, Jan 22, 2009.

1. MARIPOSA

MARIPOSA Guest

I've tried several different brands of coffe makers and it seems that the carafes have all just dribbled coffee all over the counter whenever I pour myself a cup. I'm ready to try a different brand yet again. Any one have luck using a leak proof brand that won't cost me an arm and a leg??

Hugs, Mariposa, who is very tired of cleaning up my counter top!!!!

2. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

Our coffee maker used to drip all the time .... Then I got her a bib!

3. Rubysky

Rubysky Guest

DH only has the expensive one that makes 1 cup at a time directly into the coffee cup.

Suggestion: when you purchase 1 check the carafe with plain water before brewing anything. If it dribbles, take it back.

4. Corky

Corky Guest

Calgon!! :spank

Mariposa - I unfortunately know exactly what you mean. I just keep a napkin nearby and make a swipe after I've poured my coffee. My only solution would be to buy of the kind that the coffee is contained and you push a button and get a cup at a time. :)

5. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

I have a Mr. Coffee at work and Cuisinart at home and both seem to suffer this same problem. I am seriously thinking about getting one of those coffee makers that makes a pot of coffee and then you just put a cup under it to dispense one cup at a time. Since we stretch out coffee drinking both at home and work I think the coffee would taste better since it wouldn't sit on a burner.

Here is what I am talking about. It's a little pricey but if you waited for a sale at Macy's or Kohl's plus a day where you could use an additional coupon it would really bring the cost down.

http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/product.php?product_id=376&item_id=472&cat_id=3

I just hate to give up my coffee maker when the time comes at home as it has a built in grinder. I have been wanting to buy a good burr grinder but they sure are pricey!

6. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Yes.. actually I do.

It pours even over a white tablecloth without making a spill. and it makes real good coffee too.

It is called a "Universal Coffeemaker" and heavens knows how old it is.

Here is a picture of it for you.

[​IMG]

7. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Just looked it up, and it seems it is a retro 1950's coffeemaker.. and they have one selling on Ebay right now.

WOW I did not know it was that old :lol

8. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

I have one of those perculator's like Red's. I haven't used it in a long time. I find the size of the coffee maker makes a difference. I use a small one - Mr. Coffee during the week - no drips. My large Braun one that I use on the weekend - dribbles.

9. Mgram

Mgram Guest

Ok red...........here we go again ;).........we just went back to a percolator. I got one for Christmas in the family name draw. It's a Farberware 12 cup and makes REALLY good coffee. We also have a Keurig B-60 for when we want to heat a cup for tea, make hot chocolate or want a single cup of coffee.

10. conniecat

conniecat Guest

11. GloBug

GloBug Guest

DH's coffee pot had the same issue. When I was doing my research for a new coffee pot for him, I found that percs are the best at making the best coffee. But, I wanted something a bit different, so he got a Senseo. http://www.senseo.us/Products/Appliances/Pages/HD7820-65.aspx I don't drink coffee often, but I do like that I can make an individual cup of the flavor I like, and he can make a cup of what he likes. And it doesn't get liquid all over the place! Yaoo!

12. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Mgram... I told you I am a "recycle.. re-user" big time :lol

It does make very good coffee.. and also it looks kinda elegant,. :lol

13. Rubysky

Rubysky Guest

I forgot about a coffee toddy. You cold brew a batch of concentrate. Store it in your own glass container (that doesn't dribble) You can even put it in one with a pump dispenser like the coffee shops use for flavorings.
    When you want a cuppa just pour some into the cup & and hot water. About 1 part concentrate to 2 parts water.
    http://www.toddyproducts.com/
    It is really good. I use it in the summer to make iced coffee or making DH his Frappachinos.

14. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

after years of searching got one.... inexpensive and does not drip

Hamilton Beach "stay or go"

It actually makes a fair brew of coffee too. :) It can also fill two travel mugs at the same time also.

15. nieciez

nieciez Guest

I really think it is hit or miss with the glass carafes no matter if it is a cheap or expensive maker. Maybe one with a stainless steel carafe would be better. =huh

16. Corky

Corky Guest

Here is my coffee maker, and the one feature that I LOVE about it is that it has an indicator light that comes on when it needs cleaning. Pour in the vinegar, and it goes through a cleaning cycle. Love it!! Plus, it makes a great cup of coffee, drips forgiven. :)

http://www.mrcoffee.com/Product.aspx?pid=122

Some friends have a percolator that they have hooked up to a timer, so it comes on in the a.m., before they get up. I thought about going that route before I found the one I have now.