Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Anyone with any experience sleeping next to someone with a CPAP machine?

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by GloBug, Apr 28, 2011.

1. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

He goes in on May 9, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the good advice.

2. Whimsy

Whimsy Well-Known Member

What a timely thread. My sister and I was on the phone, she was telling me her husband was just told he needed one. I read some of your comments to her, told her she should be getting a great nights sleep too!

3. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

LOL! Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that. I've been waking up in the middle of the night for probably 13 years, listening to him breathe and then not breathe. Glad he finally talked to his doctor.

4. glo-ree-bee

glo-ree-bee Well-Known Member

My hubby has been on a CPAP for 3 years and I am happy to say there is no problem. The sound is rather a hum so it can put me to sleep easily and hubby doesn't thrash out like he used to do. And the greatest thing is that he is ALIVE. When he held his breath for so long it put more of a strain on his heart so I see the CPAP is a life saver. We take it along on airplanes and on cruises and any time we leave the home for a vacation trip. No problems.