• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AOS 9/12/04 Anyone out there?

I

IBCAR18

Lou, we have room for a couple more for our tour with Lawrence of Antigua if you are interetsed. You should be able to find info on him on the ports of call board. Let us know about Portofino's and we will add you to the list.

M

mom2MCI

Hi everyone...

We want to do Portfino's with everyone. We are open to any night. Did we ever find out what nights were Formal?

I am going to go and check and see when our "Official" meet and mingle is scheduled.

Excuse me, but I have been having a lot of "Senior Moments" lately. Who was making the arrangements for the van to the Pier on Sunday? I can't remember. I am just trying to get everything organized in my mind!!

Welcome to our group Lou!!

I am going to go and read the reviews and such on this Web site. It is a miserable day here today. I need something to perk me up!!!

Jodi....

M

me&eric

Cheer up Jodi :) Before you know it it will be cruising time!!!!! I think Formal nights were Monday and Thursday but not 100% on that. I think we will all end up doing Portofino's Tuesday night. That my guess anyway. We got our Ports of call DVD the other day in the mail. It was great!!! Really had some great info. The ship one was just ok, to short. I watched on the travel chanel last week all about the Voyager class ships. That was really good. Hope everyone has a great weekend. :) Lou we are glad to have you in our group! Where is Kerri at???? And Kathy???
Melissa

I

IBCAR18

I cannot remember who brought up sharing the shuttle van from the Caribe Hilton. I wanna' say it was Tamara maybe? Hopefully everyone will find us here and we can get back on track with our plans. Hope everyone has a great weekend...it's been a very busy day here and unfortunetly rainy. Melissa, I am sure after watching the video you and Eric are ready now!!! Check back in later for updates.
Michelle.

Post Edited (06-25-04 16:53)

M

mom2MCI

Hi Melissa,

Where did you get the DVD you were talking about? I got to see the AOS on the travel channel when they were doing cruise week a month or so ago. AWESOME.....

Jodi....

H

hookedup

I'm here too!

We just seem to be missing Tamra & Brad (piercetc4), Cheryl & Dave (Rock0994) and Steve & Lu (dvpaintboy). Oh and Kathy (Kat9661).

Just back from a kiddies party - I'm exhausted and both girls have now crashed out. Peace for a little while.

I'm sure it was Tamra too who suggested the shuttle to the pier. We said we would join in but now seeing she suggested 10.30am, we will cancel out and head down a little later. We would love to look around Old San Juan first and head to the pier around 12.30 or 1.00.

Michelle - I think they both provided their emails on the other site? I'm sure they'll find us.

Are you automatically notified of posts on this thread without selecting it or have I missed something?

Barbados - what should we do here? Any suggestions from anyone - would love to receive them.

Keep well, have a good weekend. Kerri

I

IBCAR18

Good morning AOS 9/12 Cruisers!!! Glad you found us Kerri. I know Cheryl was not going to be able to join us here til later in the weekend. Believe she told me she was doing a weekend camping trip. Kerry, I do see below here you can check the box for replies to your post. Hopefully that will help ya' out. Barbados, I am still trying to decide what we will do there too. Everyone have a great weekend.....check back later.
Michelle.

A

Ali

Wow you guys are going to have a great time on the Adventure. I've sailed it 5 times since it's been in service. Last time was in July when I did a back to back alternating the itineraries.

The formal nights were Monday and Thursday as Melissa said.

If you have never been to Barbados before the island tour is a wonderful excursion to see the different culture of the island. When you dock in Barbados you will think you are in a shipping yard as that is exactly where you will be but once you walk through the building with the little shops and head outside, you will find the excursion drivers waiting anxiously for you.

If you are going to book excursions through the cruise line and you find something that you really want to do, make sure to book it online or it might be sold out before you get to the ship. My daughter did the horseback riding in Barbados last year which I booked online from home months earlier. By the time we sailed, it was sold out.

Have a great time! The crew is wonderful!

Post Edited (06-26-04 08:45)

M

mom2MCI

Everyone must be out enjoying the warm weather!! Not much chatting going on today on the boards. I spent most of my day getting the housework caught up. I hate doing the inside housework, but always feel like I have completed a major job when done. Now I can enjoy being outside on Sunday!!! I have been busy working on a getting things organized for a missions trip my family is going on. I am the head cook for about 100 people. I needed to plan menu's for three meals and two snacks a day. It has been fun looking at the recipes and planning the meals. We are going to get to reconnect with a lot of our friends from Georgia when we go on the trip in two weeks.
We are looking forward to that. My oldest daughter has been visiting with her dad for the last two weeks. We will be picking her up and bringing her with us. Believe it or not I really miss her. After our missions trip we will be busy with VBS at church. Then it will be August and only a few weeks until the cruise!!! YYYIIIIPPPEEE..........

Have a great weekend....

Jodi.....

M

mom2MCI

Alfio and I were just talking about upgrading our room. It seems that the only thing left on the cruise are suites or junior suites. These might be a little out of our price range. I am wondering if anyone here has ever gotten a free upgrade. We presently have an inside room and have been told to try and get a room with some type of view. I am wondering if we should try to do it now or wait until we get to the pier that day.

I guess we won't know when our Meet n Mingle is scheduled until about 2 weeks before. So are we pretty sure Portfino's will be Tuesday?

How many of us are celebrating our Anniversary? Or something else?

Jodi....

H

hookedup

Hi Jodi. Todd and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on the 17th September (Barbados that day).

I've requested information from Boyce Tours re Barbados. Their suggestions are as follows. Anyone think this sounds OK?

I would suggest a full day tour of about 6 hours duration including an hour for lunch on the picturesque East Coast of the island. It would be too much of a rush to try to fit those stops into a 4 hour excursion because of the distances between them and the time that it takes to do a distillery tour or a horticultural trail.

Here are points about the attractions which you listed:

1. The Crane Beach, though magnificent, is not easily accessible through the Resort unless you make a booking there for lunch or a timeshare presentation. However, there are several other spectacular beaches in Barbados which we could substitute for The Crane, including Bottom Bay (which is featured in the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line's TV commercials), Brighton (just a few yards away from the Port and the Mount Gay/Malibu Visitor Centres), and Payne's Bay/Sandy Lane.

2. Bathsheba, the honeymooner's capital of Barbados, is a popular photo stop and lunch venue.The hills, boulders and coconut trees make this spot the most dramatic in Barbados as far as scenery is concerned. The beaches here and further along the Altantic coastline are not as white as those along the West and South Coasts and the waves are high - international surfing competitions are held on this side of the island.

3. St. John's Parish Church is an excellent stop for scenery as well as heritage. The church itself has many fine architectural features and is rich in history.

4. Personally I find that nowadays The Flower Forest is better than Andromeda Botanical Gardens, but it depends on what you are looking for. The Flower Forest has more ginger lilies, heliconia and ferns than Andromeda, while Andromeda has more hibuscus, palms and frangipani than The Flower Forest. If you like orchids, then Orchid World would be a must see, but (as the name implies) it does not have as wide a range of flowers and plants as the other two botanical sights.

5. Cherry Tree Hill would be a must see scenic stop, provided that the sky is not overcast. You can view the entire East Coast from there.

6. I would rate the Mount Gay Visitor Centre higher than Malibu because their rum is ranked as one of the world's best, not to mention the oldest surviving brand in the world - over 300 years. They also have a popular Rum Cake which Malibu does not offer.

7. There are numerous craft shops that you can visit including Pelican Craft Centre (near to the Port), Earthworks Pottery & Batik Gallery and Daphne's Sea Shell Studio.

Below are 2 recommended tour routes for your perusal:

1. SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY
Duration: 6 hours; 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Stops: Mount Gay Rum Visitor Centre (Distillery Tour) & Brighton Beach (Photos)
Cherry Tree Hill (Photos)
The Flower Forest (Botanical Trail)
Bathsheba (Photos & Lunch)
St. John's Church (Photos & Tour)
Daphne's Sea Shell Studio (Craft & Clothing Shopping)
Price: U.S.$82.00 per person for 2 passengers; U.S.$62.00 per person for 4 passengers
Includes: All entrance fees, rum samples and buffet lunch

2. THE END OF THE RAINBOW
Duration: 6 hours; 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Stops: Payne's Bay/Sandy Lane beach (Photos)
The cliffs at North Point (Photos)
Cherry Tree Hill (Photos)
Bathsheba (Photos & Lunch)
St. John's Church (Photos & Tour)
Orchid World (Botanical Trail)
Mount Gay Rum Visitor Centre (Distillery Tour)
Price: U.S.$80.00 per person for 2 passengers; U.S.$60.00 per person for 4 passengers
Includes: All entrance fees, rum samples and buffet lunch

You can let me know what suits you best and we can make any other alterations as necessary.

*** Maybe they can do a small shuttle if several of you are interested? ***

I

IBCAR18

Jodi, keep in mind once you have a room with a view or a balcony room, you will always have to have it after that!!! No going back!! You'll be spoiled. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Rainy here and muggy. The info on Barbados was great! Still not sure what we will be doing there. More than likely Paynes Bch, Mullins Bch or Brighton Bch. Heck we might just do all three!!! Check back in later........Michelle.

M

mom2MCI

Hi everyone...

I want to be spoiled!!! It is just hard to fit it in the budget right now. I guess if I got my butt in gear and did a few extra skin care classes I could justify it!! I am so not motivated to work right now with all of the nice weather we are having. I don't want to be inside working my business. I want to be outside playing with my kids!! No, actually I want to be on the cruise!! Soon very soon!!

Everyone have a great week...

Jodi.....

M

me&eric

Good morning everyone!!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend. We spent the day on our boat Saturday. I am a little burnt.
Jodi, don't worry about the upgrade. You'll have just as much fun with what you have. Upgrading to those other suites will cost a lot I think. I think it will be all sold out by the time we sail. If you don't change it now and try to when you board I don't think you'l get an upgrade. Again I think you'll have a blast anyway. Do you sell Mary Kay??? My friend next door does and she does very well at it.
Kerri, we have booke the 5 star catamaran tour through RCCL. I have heard great reviews. We'll see. We are also doing the Lawrence Tour with you all.
Sounds like everyone had busy weekends. Glad we are back on the boards today!
Melissa

I

IBCAR18

Good morning AOS cruisers!!! Melissa, ya'll must of had good weather in Lagrange this weekend. We had horrible weather here in Buford. Could not do the lake this weekend. Rained like heck here yesterday, in fact, I heard on the news this morning that a few people were struck by lightening and died yesterday just miles from our house!!! Scary!!!! Jodi, if you are going to upgrade....now is the time. I would not wait til' you board as they will more than likely be full by then. Anyway, Cheryl did you make it through the camping trip? Check back in later.......Michelle.

M

me&eric

Gosh Michelle, that is so scary. I heard it on the news this morning that you all had really bad weather. It was nice here all day Saturday then the rain came in that night. It rained here on and off all day yesterday. No lightening this time though. About 5 years ago it struck a house across from where I was living and burnt it down to the ground. Scares me to death. I am glad you all are ok. :)
Melissa

M

me&eric

Jodi,
I got the DVD form this company that RCCL suggested. If you call them and ask about it they will give you the # to the media dept. I don't have the # anymore :( As I said we got the ship one , not that great. The island on was really good! it cost $15 and well worth it.
Melissa

M

mom2MCI

Good morning everyone!!

Melissa, yes I do sell Mary Kay. That is how we are paying for the cruise this year. I love what I do, but some days it is hard to stay disciplined!! I think you and Michelle are right about the upgrade. I think we are going to pass on it for now. Maybe our next cruise. We are already thinking about doing the Disney cruise with the family next fall. Today we are getting all the rain that Georgia had. This would be a good day to get my house in order for the weekend. We are expecting some visitors for the Holiday. Have a great day everyone!!

Jodi....