Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

AOS 9/12/04 Anyone out there?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by IBCAR18, Jun 24, 2004.

1. IBCAR18

IBCAR18 Guest

Morning Island Hoppers! Good to see you post Jodi! How is Alfio? Sorry to read about your daughter illness's. Sounds like she did have a rough summer. At least I know that you all did not come over to Blairsville and not make arrangements to hook up. Maybe next time. Well, I am just now fixin' to start packing for our upcoming cruise here in a few minutes! This is the first cruise that we have ever been on where I did not start packing weeks in advance! Tamra & Cheryl, yall's cruise will be here soon too! Hope everyone has a great weekend...................check back in later. Michelle :)

2. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

Michelle- is today the day you leave for your cruise- its aug 26th!!!! BON VOYAGE!!!!!!! waving bye- bye...........throwing streamers........................blowing the party horn...........................................have a wonderful trip................................can't wait to hear all about it once you return......................................................!!!!!!!

3. rock0994

rock0994 Guest

Good Morning. I hope everyone is having a good week. Dave and I have been on vacation all week - this is the only time I'm not happy to see Friday... Oh well... 7 more weeks until we cruise - there is still time to join us.... Hopefully we can get an island hopper cruise reunion planned for next year.

Michelle and Stan - Have a great trip!!!

Cheryl

4. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

Cheryl- sorry to hear your vacation week is coming to an end but glad we are getting another week closer to our cruise- I looked at sept 4 mariner sailing to see if they still had pricing online this close to sailing- junior suites prices had dropped to 1129 as of 2-3 days ago and grand suite? was 1399- today all the j.s.'s were gone- still had some of the other suites left- what a deal! prices were still online for this weekends sailings too- surprised by this as it seems they use to pull the info a couple weeks prior to the sailings? from what i remember last yr......................
    have a great weekend guys!!!!!

5. Jibace

Jibace Guest

Michelle and Stan - Bon Voyage, streamers, and party horns from Texas. Wish we could be there...or anywhere...to get away from this 100+ heat.

Tamra and Brad - Looks like Katrina might miss ya'll and it looks like Michelle and Stan are going to miss Katrina. Good time to leave Georgia.

Well, another Friday night and we are heading off to go grocery shopping...actually we want to get it over with so we have more pool time tomorrow. You wouldn't believe our grocery bill has almost halved now that the child is gone to college. What a chow hound.

Happy weekend Hoppers.

6. Jibace

Jibace Guest

Change that last post Tamra and Brad...batten down the hatches, she changed course. Looks like New Orleans is going to get hit along with Mississippi. Ya'll can come to Texas and deal with the 100+ temps and no rain for the last several weeks. Good luck

7. mom2MCI

mom2MCI Guest

Sending out prayers to Tamra, Brad and family!! I hope they are safe. Anyone have any news?

Prayfully,
    Jodi..

8. rock0994

rock0994 Guest

Jodi, Their ok - I received this email from Brad @ work on Friday - Just have no internet service at home. May be down another week or so. Lacked power for a few days, fuel has been the real issue.

I was so worried about them - the last email I received from Tamra was on Monday morning just after Katrina hit land.

Thank God their ok - I am sure once Tamra has internet she will post here.

Have a great weekend.
    Cheryl

9. me&eric

me&eric Guest

Hello Everyone!
    I thought I would check the post to make sure Tamara & Brad, family were ok. God Bless you alll!!! Our Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Melissa & Eric

10. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

hey- thanks for the warm thoughts and prayers!- our internet worked for 15 minutes yesterday- then was gone- working again at moment- am told we will have service ups and downs until all bellsouth issues are worked out-
    can't wait for that as i love visiting on these boards!!
    more later
    tamra

11. IBCAR18

IBCAR18 Guest

Brad and Tamra, we have been thinking of ya'll all week. Sorry I have not been around to post and sure hope everyone is doing fine. Seems like everytime Stan and I go on vacation a hurricane hits somewhere. This makes a couple of years in a row now! What a horrible tragedy :( Anyway, glad to see your post and everyone elses. Alaska is everything you can imagine!!!!! The scenery is awesome and is 24/7. The glaciers are amazing and the food is wonderful. Our drive into the Yukon from Skagway was awesome, whale watchin' in Juneau very cool and floatplane throught Misty Fjiords @ Ketchican was incredicble. We plan to go again for sure. So much to do and so little time. Will try to post some pic's once we get settled back in as we just got home at 2am last night. Off to go get some rest as the 4 hour jet lag has caught up with me today. Chat later...........Michelle :)

12. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

michelle- so glad to hear you and stan are home safe and had such an awesome time!!!!! can't wait to see the pics!- know you are sad to be home from your awesome cruise but we are glad to hear from you guys!!
    wish more of you would consider going with us in oct on mariner (16th) in case you are considering?

13. IBCAR18

IBCAR18 Guest

Tamra, how much damage did you and Brad have? You have been on my mind the entire cruise. Prayers go out to you and your family. Please let me know if you need anything!
    Michelle :)

14. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

We just had some fallen trees, no power for about 58 hrs, lost some of the food in freezer etc- nothing compared to the coast and new orleans- we have some friends that lost their home on the beach in gulfport but their businesses are pretty much okay- then on opposite end of that , my brothers home was fine and his business was fine- both in ocean springs- we are donating to red cross- they seem to be doing many wonderful things to help those in need-
    Thanks for thinking of us- all those prayers kept us safe from the storm- we were very lucky not to have more damage by those 80 mile an hour winds that came through here for hours and hours! A lady was killed here because a tree fell on her home where she was sitting- another guy was killed by a tree that fell on his car while he was sitting in it charging his cell phone- so many horror stories- unbelievable storm -

15. IBCAR18

IBCAR18 Guest

Glad to hear you and the family escaped with minor damages. Prayers go out to all effected by these storms. Have fun on your cruise coming up......be sure to have a cocktail for Stan and I. Wished we could join ya'll but Alaska seems to be our last trip of the year and what a great one it was. Have fun and stay in touch!!!!

Michelle :)

16. mom2MCI

mom2MCI Guest

Cheryl thanks for the information!! Praise God they are safe!!

Jodi...

17. mom2MCI

mom2MCI Guest

I am so happy to hear that Brad and Tamra are safe. We have been thinking and praying for them. We are volunteering at one of the Army Bases about 20 minutes away each evening. I am so overwhelmed and humbled by the people and children I have met. I have a very blessed life and am so thankful. This has had a major impact on my life.

Jodi...

18. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

jodi that is a wonderful thing you are doing-
    some of the new orleans saints are giving their paychecks for the next two games to help with the disaster relief- others are doing the same- it is a wonderful thing for all to pull together to help those in need-

19. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

hey island hoppers- just wanted to say hello to you all-
    anyone know anything about holland america cruise line? just read they are better than rccl but i am thinking to each their own- wondered if any one has any info for future use? is HAL for an older crowd?

20. hookedup

hookedup Guest

Hi Everyone! Just a quick post to say hello and to wish Cheryl & Dave a happy 11th anniversary for 17th. We went out to dinner and you both of course came up in conversation when we said last year we were in Barbados for our anniversaries. Hope you had a dinner out or something special to celebrate.

Believe another hurricane is heading for Texas. You guys are coping a bashing this year. Hope you are all well and safe if any of these hurricanes are affecting you.

Love Kerri & hi from Todd too