Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Art Day!! Let's all show what hobbies we do.

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by Corky, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Corky

Corky Guest

Here are two pics from me...to Conniecat!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hooked

Hooked Guest

Here's my hobby.

[​IMG]

3. Corky

Corky Guest

Stuff it!! :lol

Actually, stuff it and bring it on over and we'll grill it out whilst sipping on some shine. :D

4. red stripe

red stripe Guest

easier for me to put links to my craft albums :lol

but let me look for a few to represent the blooming stuff.

That is lovely pieces Corky, what size are they?
    and may they be added into the Cruise Addicts showcase of talent album?

5. Corky

Corky Guest

Red - the first one is 32" x 16" and I designed that one by myself. The second one is 14" x 14" and came from a pattern.

Sure, they can be put into the album. I would be honored.

You do marvelous stained glass work. I've seen the proof. :) Isn't it a lovely hobby to have?

6. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Where are the Board Police? The mere mention of hobbies, arts and crafts should be banned! :grin :(

7. Corky

Corky Guest

Shipmaven :lol

8. kitten

kitten Guest

BOOKS!!! :D I also have a few Tapestry's that I've done that came from England, done with Wool, but I don't have a scanner, is there another way that I can send them?! Remember, your talking to a "Techno-Tard" here!!! And Wool Tapestry work is starting to become a "lost-art" the only way that I can get my Tapestry's is by ordering them from the UK, or by buying them when ever I go "Home". You see plenty of Needlepoint and Crewel work done here, but not Wool Tapestry's being done.

9. tutak

tutak Guest

Here is my hobby.

[​IMG]

10. earl_m

earl_m Guest

I would show you a case of beer:)-D as my hobbies if I knew how to put a picture on line

11. nieciez

nieciez Guest

I ‘ve become artistically challenged :lol :lol I use to dabble in ceramic but nothing really creative…the stuff already came shaped from molds, not the potter’s wheel. And I use to sew….but now I even hate to hem a pair of slacks….I’ll pay the $10 thank you :lol

12. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Ok..
    lace. this is the way all lace was made until there were machines to do the job.
    Here is the three steps to a bobbin lace hanky I made. it was about 60 hours work if I remember correctly.
    I need to take better pictures of the things I have, so that the stitches show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished

[​IMG]

and here is a cross I made in bobbin lace.

[​IMG]

any of you can send your photos to me. stripe.red@gmail.com
    Just do NOT try to resize them before sending. if you send me a 2 inch photo, then it can not be enlarged.
    I can always make them smaller.

13. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Painting..

Painting... I am really bad at this, but it does not stop me trying :lol

[​IMG]

I even try painting ceilings :grin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Sewing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

closer look at one of the santa's
    [​IMG]

propped against a deck of cards, to give you an idea of size.
    [​IMG]

one side of a tablecloth
    [​IMG]
    Macrame

[​IMG]

Knitting

he is about 22 or 24 inches tall. and every part of him is knitted.. even the ladder :grin
    [​IMG]

15. red stripe

red stripe Guest

and I like to make things.. like the hassock I made the other day for a dressing area, and this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bet you wished you never started this :lol​

16. Rubysky

Rubysky Guest

I generally stick to china/porcelain painting.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sometimes I get carried away & switch to acrylics.[​IMG] 14' wall, not quite all of it. Sorry the color is off on the left.
    here is a 3-4' section on the other side of the stairs. [​IMG]

I need to get my camera checked, some little door isn't closing & it isn't focusing very well anymore either.
    I don't paint anywhere near that blurry.

17. maw

maw Guest

I am with Shipmaven. Back in my younger days I used to do all kinds of crafts-took art in college but I was into wild modern stuff-Art teacher used to say I had painted everyone of his ties. I have done ceramics love to paint them as doe3s Paw but you can use just so many and give as gifts. I can crochet but have no patience with counting stictches same with knitting. I used to embroidery. We did all kinds of crafty things for church bizaar before motehr died. Like cruising I really went to sessions just to chat and be with people. Genealogy is the one continous hobby I follow--every once in a while I pull down a folder and stgart chasing b rick walls. Congratulations Corky, Red, Iluvcrusin and all the other crafters wonder where the other glass girl Kat is these days. Maybe eating is my major hobby.

18. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Does this count? It's an oil painting that I did at age 15 of the Andrea Doria, the year after she sank.

[​IMG]

19. red stripe

red stripe Guest

a few of my larger stained glass.

18 X 25

[​IMG]

there are two panels, each hangs next to the front door when you come into the glass porch.
    they are 17 X 34

[​IMG]

and I need to try to take a better picture of this, the colours are a bit dark in this shot.

it is the very first piece I made, and it is 22 x 34

[​IMG]

and a smaller piece. I think this is the compass rose I made for Jill

[​IMG]

20. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Corky, your lead lines are beautiful. I would like to see more of your work.

Regina, I am so glad to see you post your china painting. I asked you before if I can include it in the cruise addicts album.. and I ask you again. Please let me add it in.

Shipmaven, of course it counts... blows my half baked paintings right out of the water..so to speak :lol
    and may I add it into the album?

Sadly guys.... the fishing and boozing although they do take a certain skill... casting.. pouring..walking....... I do not think there is a place in the album for that catagory :grin

[size=x-large]There are MANY giften Cruise Addicts out there.. both male and female. We would love to see your work, and to include it into the album.
    and for those who have not looked in the album yet. Here is a link[/size]