• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Art Day!! Let's all show what hobbies we do.

C

conniecat

[size=x-large]Thank you Corky, those are beautiful. And red, I love yours, too. Mary Ann and Rubysky, painting is the one thing I never tried, absolutely no talent there for me.

I have indulged in Hooked's hobby for many years! Everyone is so talented~ I used to be really crafty, I did all sorts of things but mostly counted crosstitch. Most of my friends have something I have stitched.

I don't seen to have photos scanned of my work, except for this piece. My friend opened a used book store and asked me to name it for her. This is what I came up with and the piece I did to hang in the window.

However, this is my latest and greatest hobby.

[/size]

T

tw1nk1es

I always make things for a purpose and give it away so there is little to show around here. Finished this baby blanket last week.
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Desktop</td></tr></table>

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Desktop</td></tr></table>

J

JacquieP

I suppose that means I should take a picture of my Mendenhall Glacier cross stitch and my Mt. McKinley in Autumn cross stitch, then on to my knitted afghans, duplicate stitch sweaters, etc. I do lots of stuff, but never thought about taking pictures of it.

S

ShipMaven

red stripe said:
Corky, your lead lines are beautiful. I would like to see more of your work.

Regina, I am so glad to see you post your china painting. I asked you before if I can include it in the cruise addicts album.. and I ask you again. Please let me add it in.

Shipmaven, of course it counts... blows my half baked paintings right out of the water..so to speak :lol
and may I add it into the album?

Sadly guys.... the fishing and boozing although they do take a certain skill... casting.. pouring..walking....... I do not think there is a place in the album for that catagory :grin

[size=x-large]There are MANY giften Cruise Addicts out there.. both male and female. We would love to see your work, and to include it into the album.
and for those who have not looked in the album yet. Here is a link[/size]

I really don't think my painting is worthy to be placed with the gorgeous works of our talented @ddicts, but go ahead and add it if you wish. It will serve to show how gifted the others are!!

C

Corky

Thank you everyone!! It has been a joy to see what we are all doing. Hoping for more!! :)

Red - all of your stuff looks great. You remind me of my girlfriend Donna, there is nothing she can't do, if she wants something, she makes it.
I want your macrame chairs. :D

Shipmaven - your painting of the Andrea Doria is great. One day I want to try painting.

Rubysky - you paint beautifully. A 14' wall...man, that is a lot of painting. I love the honey pot.

K

kpopperwell

Wow, what awesome talents. My mother was a seamstress so I was taught to sew but now there is no time. I agree with Nieciez that is is just easier to take it to be done. I still dabble in jewelry making and have some interesting pieces around somewhere. Just don't seem to find the time to do stuff any more. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful projects.

R

red stripe

Connie,
that is a lovely piece of work. I know that your friend was thrilled.

George..
I never tried that combination :lol and my single malt choice is either Balvenie or Macallans .. as for wine…. I like... Red or white :grin

Jo,
I have very few of my things left also.. in fact, one of those macramé chairs found a home in Florida this past July 4th :lol
Will you place that lovely blanket on a solid background and take another picture so that it shows up in the cruise addicts album?
What needle size did you use?
I had some edgings that I put of flannel sheets and pillowcases that I knitted with bamboo #1 needles .. at least I think it was that size. It may have been smaller. I rather loved making it.

Mary Ann.
. if I tried to paint a ship it would consist of 4 lines.. OK.. perhaps one more for the mast :grin

My trouble is that I am a jack of most things and unlike you lot.. I am a master of none :grin

Jacquie…
YES :grin and I will check tomorrow when I start adding photos into the album, but I think that I put in that cute Halloween pillow that you made in there already.

Karin..
we would like to see your jewelery

[size=x-large]And to EVERYONE! TAKE PICTURES of your work.
I never did, then one day the lady that taught me how to do stained glass said that she always took pictures of the things she made, and that I should do so also. She said it is a nice reminder later on of what we accomplished.
She is so right, and I regret the many things that I have no record of any more
[/size].

T

Tobyn

Jacquie, you should ABSOLUTELY take a picture of some of your work. I have first hand knowledge of just how good it is! Please do share some more work!

As for you ladies and your thoughts of the work not being very good . . . . . . . If I had a TENTH of your talent, I would be rich indeed!

T

tw1nk1es

Red, the blanket already went to the baby shower. The new owner is due in the next two weeks. The needles are so old, there is no size on them. They are medium to large and I like them because they are very smooth. Can you tell that I did not have a pattern? I will look at like-sized needles the next time I am at the store.

J

Jill B

Wow, lots of beautiful work here! Since we have been travelling, I have not made a thing. :( But I hope to remedy this. I have a crochet hook and wool, and I have just purchased a punch needle kit. This will be interesting, as I have always preferred machine work, because it is quicker. Taking some time to learn to really relax and do hand work will be good for my soul, I hope. :grin

J.E.M. beer drinking should count, I think......................hic

N

NiteStar

I have no talent. :( Unfortunately, I did not inherit any of my father's talents. Before he had his stroke, he could cook like a chef, sew, macrame, knit, crochet, paint (quite well I might add), sing and play just about any musical instrument you put in front of him (including the piano). However, he never could read music and played by ear. My brother inherited his singing and musical talents (he sings in a group called the Texas Millionaires). My sister inherited his cooking skills. And I inherited NONE of it! If I inherited anything from him, it would be his love of cartoons. I am a cartoonaholic and can sit for hours and watch SpongeBob, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly OddParents, Penguins of Madagascar, Mighty Bee, and on and one.

R

red stripe

Jo, it looks very delicate. I will use that photo, but if you get a chance to take another photo with it laying on perhaps a dark blue,or green or a black background, send it to me and I will replace the photo.

Jill, after having so many chances to view your work, I am sure that what you produce now will be something that people will treasure also.

Terry.. take pictures :lol

NiteStar.... perhaps you are like me.. and will turn out to be a late bloomer :grin
I did no crafts until I was over 40. (at least) I woke up one day and looked at something in a store and thought.. "I can do that"
:grin

N

NiteStar

Red, I just turned 56 less than a week ago, so I would have to be a really late bloomer! :lol I guess the talent gene skipped right over me and went straight to my daughter. She is very crafty and makes a whole lot of stuff, including matching outfits for the two girls. She even has a website where she sells these necklaces she makes from dominos. But when she was growing up, she showed no interest in anything like that. Maybe having 3 small kids and one on the way makes one "crafty". :lol