Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Attention all Miracle Cruisers - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by KellyCCZ, Jun 3, 2004.

1. KellyCCZ

KellyCCZ Guest

On another Carnival message board, a post was made regarding a poster's August 28 cruise being cancelled due to repairs needing to be made to the Miracle's propulsion system.

I had a friend email me last night saying that she talked to her Carnival PVP who informed her that the Miracle is indeed being taken out of service to repair the azipod system, and that she would be out of commission and not back in the water until NOVEMBER 14th. I sail on November 21st, so this is really worrying me.

I placed a call to my TA who called Carnival to get the story for me. My TA talked to the Reaccomodation people at Carnival who told her that it will only affect the August 28 sailing. But, I guess they might only know about the sailing dates they are actually working on.

Then, I called the Carnival PVP directly who gave out this information originally to my friend. He informed me that the Miracle will be out of service from the August 28 sailing until she goes back into the water on November 14. But, he did emphasize to me not to worry - that our November 21 sailing would be fine.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you have a Miracle sailing scheduled in that time period where she may be out of commission. I also wanted to find out if anyone has any additional info they could share with us.

Kelly

2. Kelly,

I was also concerned about the Miracle repairs as we are sailing on July 3rd. When I called Carnival they assured me that the only affected sailing was Aug 28 and that the repairs could wait until then. I just checked their website and although they did take the 8/28 sailing off, they still show all sailings thru 8/21 and then there are 2 CTNW on 10/31 & 11/5. Don't know what happened to Sept & Oct sailings. Good Luck with your cruise!

Jen

3. Cole617

Cole617 Guest

ok now i'm nervous.... sailing on the Miracle June 19th. What is the problem with the ship? Why is able to wait until August to be fixed? What about all of us sailing with the existing problem? helppppppppppp

4. liberty925

liberty925 Guest

Yes!!!! I was actually thinking about booking that cruise back in April but I chose to on the August 14 cruise instead.

Post Edited (06-03-04 21:12)

5. The problem is with the propulsion system. I questioned why it could wait until the end of Aug. What about all of us sailing before then? How did they know it wouldn't be a problem before Aug 28??? They didn't really give me an answer to that...just kept saying the repair was a maintenance thing that could wait b/c they had to take the ship out of service to fix it. My guess (and that's all it is) is that the end of Aug is not considered "peak" time, so they would be losing less money that week since the prices are lower then than in the middle of summer. Someone else suggested that maybe it takes that long to order the parts they need. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Aug 28 is the only sailing affected.

Jen

6. bippytrip

bippytrip Guest

Going July 17 on Miracle. If anyone else out there is scheduled for this same cruise, I would start to worry as I have the worst luck and tend to jinx everything!!! I hope the bippy factor doesn't come into play this time.=cuckoo

=sinking

7. slhornberger

slhornberger Guest

OK - I am on the October 24th sailing from Baltimore....

What's the deal??? Will I have a cruise?

8. slhornberger,

If I were you I'd call who ever you booked thru and find out what's going on. That cruise is not on Carnival's website...could it be sold out? Where are you sailing from? I think the Baltimore sailings were sold out so that could be why it's not on the website. Good Luck!

Jen

9. robcool

robcool Guest

I would be willing to bet that the scheduling of the repairs/maint has to do with when the shipyard could accomidate a ship that big. I would not worry about it, if it was a safety issue it would be out of the water now.

10. rshreib

rshreib Guest

I just talked to Carnival's Special Assistance Dept and they said that the Aug 28 sailing is the only sailing affected..Hope this helps..

11. slhornberger

slhornberger Guest

I called also and got the same answer.

12. tg_lindo

tg_lindo Guest

Regarding the "how do they know it can wait that long?" question. Well, where machines are concerned, nobody can be 100% sure about anything. However, the manufacturer of the propulsion system and the line have highly trained engineers who can make these kinds of assessments.

With any luck the "bean counters" in the corporate office will not gamble on the engineers' recommendations, but you can bet they'll filter those recommendations through a cash flow analysis.

It reminds me of when my car mechanic noticed a little oil leak in the head gasket. I could keep on driving, but knew I had to get it fixed "soon."

If I were booked on this ship before the fixes, heck yes I'd be nervous. If I couldn't change the vacation date, I'd put myself in the mind set that some things are beyond control and hope for the best.

13. Cole617

Cole617 Guest

oh this last post makes me feel so much better <sigh> Not really.

14. KellyCCZ

KellyCCZ Guest

That's what my TA was told too when she called Carnival. I want to believe it too, but I did speak to Rick @ Carnival (a PVP) - (Phone - 800-819-3902 X-82371) who confirmed that she would not be back in the water until November 14th. So, the only thing I can figure is the Special Assistance and Reaccomodations people at Carnival are probably telling as much as they know - they are probably only given info on a "need to know" basis - a little at a time, and given that those dates are still a ways off, they might figure they still have time. I don't know honestly, I just know that I spoke directly with Rick @ Carnival and he confirmed it was NOT just one sailing. I do not want to cause a big uproar, but I figured there would be people who would like to know this info so that they can do their best to minimize the impact.

15. tg_lindo

tg_lindo Guest

Sorry, Cole, didn't mean to rub salt in it.

I was pointing out how people can deal with risk.

A) Steer clear of it

B) head into it with rigid expectations......thus setting yourself up for disappointment and bitterness

C) head into it willing to make the most of Twists Of Fate....
    ......and knowing you might have a good story to tell afterwards ("Did I tell you about the time the azipods broke and we got the spark back in our relationship while we were being towed into port?")

I know that (c) is darned hard when you spend months anticipating a cruise.

16. Cori

Cori Guest

AAACK!! We are on the 10/24 sailing out of Baltimore, and it's supposed to be our honeymoon!!! Haven't heard anything from the TA yet, but plan to call her right this instant. What on earth will I do if it's cancelled?!

17. slhornberger

slhornberger Guest

Cori -

I am on the same cruise. I called Carnival on Friday and they said not to worry. Our cruise is still on schedule.

If you hear something different please let us know.

18. Cori

Cori Guest

slhornberger-- I just called Carnival and was also told that it's only the August sailing. What was strange, though, is that when I called and asked,. I was put on hold for a few minutes, and when the receptionist came back on, she said "It is cancelled and I'm going to transfer you to (so and so) to explain the cancellation." When the second person picked up (Tiffany), she assured me it was only the 8/28 sailing. So now I don't know who or what to believe.

What I don't understand is, there are quite a few sailings between August and November, right? If this problem is not serious enough to take the Miracle out of commission immediately, then why is it going to take more than 2 months to fix? That's a LOT of reservations to have to refund or rebook.

Just for peace of mind, I guess i should start looking for another sailing, just in case. Ugh!

19. KellyCCZ

KellyCCZ Guest

Cori & Slhornberger - Give Rick @ Carnival a call - 1-800-819-3902 (X-82371) and talk to him - he's pretty straightforward and will give you the lowdown.

20. mhutch

mhutch Guest

I am going on the Miracle on July 10th. This whole issue with a needed repair is making me very nervous since I am traveling with my 2 young children. Oh brother!