Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Attire in Pinnacle Grill

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by nanjan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. nanjan

nanjan Guest

My husband and I are booked on the September 21 cruise on Zaandam - Vancouver to Hawaii - and we would like to try the Pinnacle Grill. Does anyone out there know what the dress code is on a sea day at the Grill. We are interested in dinner and lunch dress codes. Would a golf shirt and dockers be all right or is a jacket and tie required. Would appreciate any feedback. Also can you make lunch reservations online or do you have to wait to be onboard? What do they usually offer for lunch? Thanks for the info.

2. For dinner -- you need to follow the evening's dress code. On formal nights you are expected to dress formally in the Pinnacle. On Smart Casual nights you can get away with nice dockers and sport shirts. But on those nights my DH wears a jacket -- sometimes a tie.

Lunch can only be reserved once you are on board the ship -- I have seen a few people wear shorts at lunch time but most wear slacks.

Lunch menu coming up:

3. Pinnacle Lunch Menu

Menu - $10 per person.

Starters:
    1)Grilled Prawn Bruschetta with a primavera salsa - aged asiago cheese and balsamic fusion
    2)Mediterranean antipasto plate - pesto virgin olive oil
    3)Scallops creme brulee - caramelized parmesean wafer
    4)Northwest five onion soup - tomato shallot soubise
    5)Chilled carrot and ginger soup - creme faiche and fried sage
    6)Chiffanade of greens and tomato tower salad - Italian vinaigritte

Entrees:
    1)Pacific rim beef salad - mesclun leaves, mangoes and lotus fruit
    2)Alaskan halibut fillet sandwich - sour dough bread, cilantro relish and cucumber potato salad
    3)Crab and shrimp cake - exotic fruit chutney, lime Thai curry sauce and orange rice with pine nuts
    4)The Pinnacle burger - apple smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and bistro style shoestring potatoes. This dish can be served with a low carb bun and without the potatoes.
    5)Sterling silver beef tenderloin with Oregon blue cheese crust - grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes
    6)Penne with grilled chicken breast, lemon basil sauce, sun dried tomatoes and arugula
    7)Vegetarian couscous - grilled vegetables and fried mint leaves and harissa

Desserts:
    1)Fresh strawberries with raspberry sorbet - sugar dough gaufrette
    2)Chocolate brownie decadence - an explosion of chocolate
    3)Orange and lime panna cotta
    4)Ice creams and sorbets - ask for the day's selections
    5)Fruit plate

4. I understand that a new Dinner Menu was introduced on the Eurodam and it is suppose to become fleet wide.

Have no idea when it will start on the Zaandam:

Here's Eurodam's PG menu:

The Beginning:
    French Onion Soup King Louis XV, Lobster Bisque, Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Vine Ripened Beefsteak Tomato Salad, Baby Arugula Salad, Caesar Salad, Dungeness Crab Cakes or the Pinnacle Ocean Platter

The Grill:
    Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak, Bone-In Rib Eye Steak, Porterhouse, Colorado Lamp Chops, Grilled Veal Chop, Chicken Breast, Filet Steak Diane or Filet Mignon Burger.

Sea Food:
    Broiled King Salmon, Broiled or Poached Lobster Tail or Cedar Planked Black Cod with Shrimp Scampi

The Intrigue:
    Land and Sea (Surf & Turf), Lobster Macaroni and Cheese, Roasted Vegetable Tower

Side Dishes:
    Creamed Spinach, Sautéed Button Mushrooms, Sautéed Onions, Asparagus, Scalloped, Whipped, Jumbo Baked or Shoestring Potatoes and/or Basmati Rice

The Finale:
    Not-So-Classic Baked Alaska, Warm Grand Marnier Chocolate Volcano Cake, Velvet Soufflé – Chocolate or Vanilla, Creamy Homemade Raspberry Cheesecake, Chocolate And Raisin Bread Pudding, Pinnacle Crème Brulee, Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Berries, Premium Ice Cream or Sorbets and/or the Assortment of International Cheeses.

5. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

While 'officially' dress code for Pinnacle is the same as for the dining room each evening, many gentlemen do not go there without a jacket. My DH always wears a blazer or sports jacket (with or without tie) as it is an upscale, lovely dining room and he would not be comfortable in just a polo and dockers. Polo and dockers are fine for smart casual night but just don't feel right in Pinnacle IMO

Lunch in Pinnacle, he'd be fine in his dockers.

6. Unfortunately on our last Westerdam cruises, many people came to dinner in the Pinnacle wearing Jeans and T-shirts and ball caps -- and no one said anything to them.

7. earl_m

earl_m Guest

KK !! The menu looks good. I love a big steak. Usually I have found that people wear
    the proper attire when dining there.

8. Earl

We have around 45 cruises on HAL, and the Westerdam Alaskan cruise -- this was the worst dressed group of people we have ever seen. And we have done other Alaskan cruises on other HAL ships.

Even at our Suite lunch in the Pinnacle there was a couple who wore jeans, T-shirts and ball caps.

9. earl_m

earl_m Guest

I have only done 6 cruises with HAL and all in the Carribean, Maybe its the location but I have never seen anybody wearing jeans but then again I went at night .

10. Earl

We also went to dinner at night on this cruise and the same couple showed up wearing the same clothes. I gave them a rally dirty look.

11. tutak

tutak Guest

At my age, I can wear a toga and say that I thought that I was on Costa.

12. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

We went to Pinnacle Grill for lunch the same day we were cruising Glacier Bay. We changed out of our blue jeans and sweatshirts into dockers, and then changed back after lunch.

BTW, I highly recommend the scallops creme brulee...superb!

13. [quote Lisa63]We went to Pinnacle Grill for lunch the same day we were cruising Glacier Bay. We changed out of our blue jeans and sweatshirts into dockers, and then changed back after lunch.

BTW, I highly recommend the scallops creme brulee...superb![/quote]

[size=large]I am so happy to read that someone as nice as you chose to change out of blue jeans to go for lunch at the Pinnacle.

Thank you!!!!

I am glad your scallops creme brulee were superb -- the one time I had them -- cold!! and not cooked!! __ I sent them back.[/size]