Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

<B>How long have you been on this board?</B>

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by BobTuck, Jan 29, 2004.

1. BobTuck

BobTuck Guest

Some of the responses to jdmoons post below got me to thinking. Some of us have been here for years, others only a short while.
    How long have you been visiting cruise @ddicts? How long have you been posting messages on the board? Were you a lurker before becoming an active member? Are you currently a lurker?

As for me, I stumbled on this site over two years ago before my last cruise, lurked for a good while, posted a few questions and comments, but when the cruise was over I didn't visit for a while. When we booked our upcoming cruise this past summer I came back. The @ddiction was back and I was seeking information. What I found was a great group of people and a place to call =homesign

How about you?

2. Ali

Ali Guest

Re: How long have you been on this board?

It's been a little over 2 years for me. Started out lurking and now 7000 posts later! :lol

Post Edited (01-30-04 01:03)

3. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

I found this site maybe 18 months ago....? I was planning a cruise on the Norway (turned out we sailed the Triumph instead) and found so much info here. I lurked for a bit and then started to post maybe a year ago?

4. LS5099

LS5099 Guest

Red Strip has close to 17,000 posts. :gabby

5. Dzamma

Dzamma Guest

Found this board a few months ago. Heard about it from another board. I visit all the boards now, on a reg. basis.

6. Tread

Tread Guest

DW found this site in February 2002 while researching prior to our first cruise. Lurked for a short while, then started posting. Started a Male vs. Female joke war (that at first I thought was real! YIKES) The realized what a great bunch of folks are here and decided to call this place home. Been posting regularly since about the first week of April 2002.

7. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

I found this board a bit over 3 years ago. At the time, the red stripe Mystery Cruise (or RSMC) was approaching, and people were guessing red's gender. It seemed like a great group of people, so I went from lurkdom to posting very quickly.

8. Hooked

Hooked Guest

I found this site january of 2002, while searching the internet for Pictures of ships. I lurked for a short while, started and haven't left. I just sort of hang around here..

9. Lisa

Lisa Guest

I have been here since the very beginning.

10. Jill B

Jill B Guest

I discovered this site in about September 2002 after booking our first cruise. I didn't find the message boards for a while, but when I did I lurked for a while. I started posting about a year ago.

11. Sharkin

Sharkin Guest

I've been here a little over a year. I lurked for a while until I felt like I knew the etiquette somewhat, and then joined in the discussions.

12. elliottsmama

elliottsmama Guest

Excately one year ago this month, when all of my new friends came over and signed Elliott's guestbook for the first time. And what a shocker that was! I was reading a bunch of posts and going"what the heck is cruiseaddicts?":lol

13. nieciez

nieciez Guest

In February I will reach my 4 year anniversary with @ddicts. Never a lurker, I jumped in posting right away.

14. Re: How long have you been on this board?

Not exactly sure but maybe not quite two years ago.
    Snooped for awhile before posting the first time.
    I can't even remember how I got here........................

15. logcabin

logcabin Guest

A little over three years.

16. belgique

belgique Guest

Probably found you last spring. Liked the whole idea right away and now it's second on my "favorites" list (Detroit Red Wings are first!).

17. rogerpl

rogerpl Guest

Three to four years.

18. Keli

Keli Guest

I would have to wait and see what Cricket says (i can not remember anything anymore!). She is the one who told me about it when she found a member who turned out to be a neighbor. I guess I would be considered a lurker and a poster.

19. rocster

rocster Guest

I've been around I think since the latter part of 1999, when this site was hosted by the SR Uniforms server....Wow, time sure flies! When I worked in Bradenton FL. , I used to have lunch right across the street from the SR Uniforms store.
    Hi John!

Post Edited (01-30-04 13:33)

20. Re: How long have you been on this board?

Discovered this great place a few months before the "Ch@os" sailing, which was in January of last year so that makes it about a year and a half for me.