• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Back from Alaska on Millennium

BruinSteve

It was a nice, relaxing cruise...
Food was great, service outstanding, entertainment pretty good as well.
Alaska was as scenic as always.
We had great weather...in the mid-70s and up every day, blue skies, zero rain...
After all these years, Millennium still holds up as a beautiful ship...and so spacious...it often felt empty even though every cabin was booked...never a wait in the MDR for Select (anytime) Dining...Seats in the showroom ample, even walking in one minute before curtain time...
Did a City and Glacier Tour with Juneau Tours in Juneau...$35 pp
Did a full day tour through the pass to the Yukon with Dyea Dave Tours in Skagway...$79 pp
Did Whale Watching with Misty Bay Lodge (excellent) in Icy Strait Point--LOTS of whales...Great six passenger very fast boat...$170 pp
Did a "Duck" Tour through the Celebrity Shorex Department in Ketchikan...$44 pp

No helicopters or sail planes this time...

A few photos from the trip below...

Now, we're off to Quito and the Galapagos...

Attachments

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hi BruinSteve, So good to see your posting. Your trip sounds amazing. I think I'm ready for another Celebrity Cruise. So your insights really enticed me! Your photos are incredible, please share more if you can.

BruinSteve

Okay...here are a few more...
A few more shots of Hubbard Glacier...
Mendenhall Glacier, Juneau...
Some of the scenery in White Pass out of Skagway...
The Millennium at anchor at Icy Strait Point...
and...Creek Street, Ketchikan...

Attachments

George C

Thanks for review, have read many good reviews of that ship over the years, I guess I need to try Alaska sooner or later, since I have done 58 cruise but never there

H2O babe

Glad you had a great time. We've done Alaska on Carnival and also on Princess. I would love to go again with Celebrity.

Great pictures!