Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

back from the worse cruise ever!!!

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by sdettloff, Mar 7, 2006.

1. sdettloff

sdettloff Guest

I just returned from my cruise aboard the Carnival Victory (2/26 –3/5). I can confidently say that I will NEVER sail with Carnival again!!! It’s hard to decide where to begin my horror story…

FOOD: The food was HORRIBLE. Everyone says you gain 10 lbs on a cruise but I lost 2 lbs and my SO lost 5 lbs. We were actually HUNGRY when we went to sleep the first four nights! We ate in the main dining room the first 2 nights. The main entrees usually included one beef product. SO and I ordered the prime rib (although it wasn’t called “prime rib†both nights because everything else on the menu sounded unappealing. The cuts of meat used on the ship were cheap, in my opinion. My parents were also on the cruise and my dad sent his prime rib back because it had so much fat on it. I cut the fat off of mine on both nights and there was hardly anything left. The salads were very small and the desserts were completely TASTELESS! I’ve had better cake out of a betty crocker box. We decided to try the “alternative†dining option on the 3rd day and we were shocked to see the EXACT same food on the “alternative†buffet that was being served in the dining room that night!!! It was no alternative at all!!! Carnival advertises multiple dining options but THAT IS A LIE! The other “restaurants†Carnival talks about are actually walk up windows that do not run all the time. If fact, there are some times when all there is to eat is PIZZA! I go on a cruise and I’m stuck eating pizza? It wasn’t even great pizza! The “BBQ†never made steak or chicken sandwhichs like it advertised, it only made hamburgers and hotdogs! The Chinese wok was rarely open. I had excellent ham ONE night but other than that, I starved!!!!! We asked others if they liked the food and it was 50/50. I don’t know, maybe I expected too much by thinking I wouldn’t have to eat pizza all week!

CRUISE DIRECTOR: My hatred for this man is very high. SO and I either attended the “travel talk†briefings or watched them on tv so that we knew what was going on. During Dana’s (the cruise director) travel talk about grand cayman, he instructed everyone with an excursion before 10am to meet in the Caribbean lounge. He “PROMISED†that we would be on the first tender boats off the ship so that we were on time. SO, myself and my father arrived at 7:20. The shipped docked at 7:30. Our excursion was at 8:30 but we were suppose to check in at 8:00. I did NOT book the excursion through Carnival. We waited and waited until 7:50 when (the most annoying) social host came in and said everyone could proceed to the gangway!!!! Of course, that meant we were behind everyone who had been lining up on the stairs for the last 40 minutes!!! I went up to the social host and showed him my receipt for the excursion and asked if I shouldn’t be put on one of the first boats off. He said just go down stairs. Well, guess what? We were on the 3rd boat off and we were 20 mins late for the tour and the entire tour was cut short by 20 mins for me and everyone else on it. And I was MORTIFIED when I arrived at Captain Marvins for the tour because I was so late and everyone knew I was holding it up. I complained to the pursers desk when I got back on the ship and found that the pursers desk doesn’t give a shit about anything. They took my complaint and said they would forward it to the cruise director. 2 days went by and I kept calling and asking what was going on. Finally, they said the cruise director had responded and said that I must not have been in the Caribbean lounge at the right time and that if I had booked the excursion through carnival, that I was have been assured a full tour because the carnival tour operators wait for all guests!!! I couldn’t believe it!!! First of all, I WAS in the lounge at the right time, in fact we were early and one of the first people there. Second, he completely ignored the fact that he promised during his travel talk to get us off the boat first and then we were shoved behind everyone else. Third, he basically said oh well because I didn’t book the excursion through carnival so he didn’t give a shit!

EXCURSIONS: My parents took the grand cayman island tour and it didn’t make all the stops listed. I went to the shore excursion desk to complain and was told that was just how the tour was!!! When I went back to my room the tv was on to the cruise directors travel talk about grand cayman and as luck would have it, he described that exact tour stop-by-stop. So I marched back to the shore excursion desk and complained again. Then they wanted to know the bus number my parents were on. I told them they didn’t know that and that I wouldn’t have looked at the bus number either. Then I was told without the bus number there was nothing they could do! Basically I threw a fit and finally got him to say he’d look into it further. Two days later I noticed a 10% discount for the tour on my sail and sign card but they never called me or sent me a letter. I also told them that the dolphin swim in Costa Maya only had 1 dolphin for their group when the other groups had 3 dolphins and the same amount of people and they said “that’s just how it isâ€Â. They didn’t care one bit if people were unhappy. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

LIDO DECK: 1/4 of the chairs on the decks were “saved†by beach towels which is against carnival’s policy. People were walking around and around looking for chairs. I finally had to carry one all the way around the boat! People would put towels on chairs and never come back. I thought that Carnival should have made an announcement that they were going to collect the towel in 15 minutes. I suggested this to the purser and was told that carnivals policy was to post the “no saving†policy and that’s all! It was a sold out cruise and people were having to sit on the floor. Another incident were carnival didn’t give a shit.

CROWD: It’s a party ship, plain and simple. I asked on various boards beforehand if it was, but the bottomline is, people go on carnival to drink themselves silly. We had wine spilled on us, etc. I’ve never seen so many middle-age drunks in all of my life.

It was the worse experience of my life. I will never go on a carnival ship again. I’m sure I’m forgetting some things because I am so flustered right now. BUYER BEWARE – carnival does not care one bit about you once you buy your ticket.

2. sdettloff

sdettloff Guest

I just returned from my cruise aboard the Carnival Victory (2/26 –3/5). I can confidently say that I will NEVER sail with Carnival again!!! It’s hard to decide where to begin my horror story…

FOOD: The food was HORRIBLE. Everyone says you gain 10 lbs on a cruise but I lost 2 lbs and my SO lost 5 lbs. We were actually HUNGRY when we went to sleep the first four nights! We ate in the main dining room the first 2 nights. The main entrees usually included one beef product. SO and I ordered the prime rib (although it wasn’t called “prime rib†both nights because everything else on the menu sounded unappealing. The cuts of meat used on the ship were cheap, in my opinion. My parents were also on the cruise and my dad sent his prime rib back because it had so much fat on it. I cut the fat off of mine on both nights and there was hardly anything left. The salads were very small and the desserts were completely TASTELESS! I’ve had better cake out of a betty crocker box. We decided to try the “alternative†dining option on the 3rd day and we were shocked to see the EXACT same food on the “alternative†buffet that was being served in the dining room that night!!! It was no alternative at all!!! Carnival advertises multiple dining options but THAT IS A LIE! The other “restaurants†Carnival talks about are actually walk up windows that do not run all the time. If fact, there are some times when all there is to eat is PIZZA! I go on a cruise and I’m stuck eating pizza? It wasn’t even great pizza! The “BBQ†never made steak or chicken sandwhichs like it advertised, it only made hamburgers and hotdogs! The Chinese wok was rarely open. I had excellent ham ONE night but other than that, I starved!!!!! We asked others if they liked the food and it was 50/50. I don’t know, maybe I expected too much by thinking I wouldn’t have to eat pizza all week!

CRUISE DIRECTOR: My hatred for this man is very high. SO and I either attended the “travel talk†briefings or watched them on tv so that we knew what was going on. During Dana’s (the cruise director) travel talk about grand cayman, he instructed everyone with an excursion before 10am to meet in the Caribbean lounge. He “PROMISED†that we would be on the first tender boats off the ship so that we were on time. SO, myself and my father arrived at 7:20. The shipped docked at 7:30. Our excursion was at 8:30 but we were suppose to check in at 8:00. I did NOT book the excursion through Carnival. We waited and waited until 7:50 when (the most annoying) social host came in and said everyone could proceed to the gangway!!!! Of course, that meant we were behind everyone who had been lining up on the stairs for the last 40 minutes!!! I went up to the social host and showed him my receipt for the excursion and asked if I shouldn’t be put on one of the first boats off. He said just go down stairs. Well, guess what? We were on the 3rd boat off and we were 20 mins late for the tour and the entire tour was cut short by 20 mins for me and everyone else on it. And I was MORTIFIED when I arrived at Captain Marvins for the tour because I was so late and everyone knew I was holding it up. I complained to the pursers desk when I got back on the ship and found that the pursers desk doesn’t give a shit about anything. They took my complaint and said they would forward it to the cruise director. 2 days went by and I kept calling and asking what was going on. Finally, they said the cruise director had responded and said that I must not have been in the Caribbean lounge at the right time and that if I had booked the excursion through carnival, that I was have been assured a full tour because the carnival tour operators wait for all guests!!! I couldn’t believe it!!! First of all, I WAS in the lounge at the right time, in fact we were early and one of the first people there. Second, he completely ignored the fact that he promised during his travel talk to get us off the boat first and then we were shoved behind everyone else. Third, he basically said oh well because I didn’t book the excursion through carnival so he didn’t give a shit!

EXCURSIONS: My parents took the grand cayman island tour and it didn’t make all the stops listed. I went to the shore excursion desk to complain and was told that was just how the tour was!!! When I went back to my room the tv was on to the cruise directors travel talk about grand cayman and as luck would have it, he described that exact tour stop-by-stop. So I marched back to the shore excursion desk and complained again. Then they wanted to know the bus number my parents were on. I told them they didn’t know that and that I wouldn’t have looked at the bus number either. Then I was told without the bus number there was nothing they could do! Basically I threw a fit and finally got him to say he’d look into it further. Two days later I noticed a 10% discount for the tour on my sail and sign card but they never called me or sent me a letter. I also told them that the dolphin swim in Costa Maya only had 1 dolphin for their group when the other groups had 3 dolphins and the same amount of people and they said “that’s just how it isâ€Â. They didn’t care one bit if people were unhappy. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

LIDO DECK: 1/4 of the chairs on the decks were “saved†by beach towels which is against carnival’s policy. People were walking around and around looking for chairs. I finally had to carry one all the way around the boat! People would put towels on chairs and never come back. I thought that Carnival should have made an announcement that they were going to collect the towel in 15 minutes. I suggested this to the purser and was told that carnivals policy was to post the “no saving†policy and that’s all! It was a sold out cruise and people were having to sit on the floor. Another incident were carnival didn’t give a shit.

CROWD: It’s a party ship, plain and simple. I asked on various boards beforehand if it was, but the bottomline is, people go on carnival to drink themselves silly. We had wine spilled on us, etc. I’ve never seen so many middle-age drunks in all of my life.

It was the worse experience of my life. I will never go on a carnival ship again. I’m sure I’m forgetting some things because I am so flustered right now. BUYER BEWARE – carnival does not care one bit about you once you buy your ticket.

3. dollydish

dollydish Guest

Well it is a shame what happened to you....I have never had that experience. Carnival has always been very gracious to us and when we cancelled a tour because of rain.(it was an option to go the tour itself wasn't cancelled) Carnival refunded our money 100% but then we did book the tour thru Carnival. It may cost a few pennies more but it is worth it if you need to cancel. Do you really expect Carnival to refund you for some other companies problems. You should have gone to them for the refund. As far as the food goes I cannot believe what you are saying. We eat out a lot in fine restaurants and couldn't have been happier with Carnivals choices. If you didn't like the prime rib (which is fatty anyway) why didn't you ask for broiled chicken or a plain steak. They will bring you anything you want to make you happy. Do you really think they are there to make you miserable? Carnival is known as the "fun ships" so yes sometimes they are party ships. I have never found that on our cruises. Maybe it is the time of year we go, I don't know. I just know you are beating them up and you are definitely in the minority..........Something that gave you away was your statement "I threw a fit"..........like my mom always said you get more with honey than vinegar.You shouldn't cruise Carnival you should really go on a ship that is more sedentary and a maybe older crowd that goes to bed at nine

4. dollydish

dollydish Guest

Well it is a shame what happened to you....I have never had that experience. Carnival has always been very gracious to us and when we cancelled a tour because of rain.(it was an option to go the tour itself wasn't cancelled) Carnival refunded our money 100% but then we did book the tour thru Carnival. It may cost a few pennies more but it is worth it if you need to cancel. Do you really expect Carnival to refund you for some other companies problems. You should have gone to them for the refund. As far as the food goes I cannot believe what you are saying. We eat out a lot in fine restaurants and couldn't have been happier with Carnivals choices. If you didn't like the prime rib (which is fatty anyway) why didn't you ask for broiled chicken or a plain steak. They will bring you anything you want to make you happy. Do you really think they are there to make you miserable? Carnival is known as the "fun ships" so yes sometimes they are party ships. I have never found that on our cruises. Maybe it is the time of year we go, I don't know. I just know you are beating them up and you are definitely in the minority..........Something that gave you away was your statement "I threw a fit"..........like my mom always said you get more with honey than vinegar.You shouldn't cruise Carnival you should really go on a ship that is more sedentary and a maybe older crowd that goes to bed at nine

5. kakarp

kakarp Guest

Sdettloff

I am so sorry to hear that you had such an awful time. But as many of us have sad here before. A cruise is what you make of it. I and a party of four sailed the Victory last May and had a wonderful time. Before you go and say that we must be party animals we are so far from that. I am in my mid 50s and my DW is not much younger than I am. We don’t party and still have a wonderful time. We found the food to be good, and no I have not come back from a cruise with a huge weight gain, but I have also never gone hungry. Maybe because I use the stairs, at least going down because going up does hurt my legs. Would I like to try another line. Most certainly, just to be curious. But we have had such a good experience on Carnival the DW is uneasy to try another for fear of not have as good of a time. We have only been of five cruises all Carnival and really cant complain. Have we had some not so great moments. Yes! But our good times have far surpassed the not so great times.

I see that you are NEW to the Sandbox and you don’t say if this was your first cruise but maybe you were just expecting too much.

I you read the reviews you see good and bad about almost all of the ships. I take it with a grain of sea salt, go on my cruise and usually have great time.

Sorry about your cruise
    Kevin

6. kakarp

kakarp Guest

Sdettloff

I am so sorry to hear that you had such an awful time. But as many of us have sad here before. A cruise is what you make of it. I and a party of four sailed the Victory last May and had a wonderful time. Before you go and say that we must be party animals we are so far from that. I am in my mid 50s and my DW is not much younger than I am. We don’t party and still have a wonderful time. We found the food to be good, and no I have not come back from a cruise with a huge weight gain, but I have also never gone hungry. Maybe because I use the stairs, at least going down because going up does hurt my legs. Would I like to try another line. Most certainly, just to be curious. But we have had such a good experience on Carnival the DW is uneasy to try another for fear of not have as good of a time. We have only been of five cruises all Carnival and really cant complain. Have we had some not so great moments. Yes! But our good times have far surpassed the not so great times.

I see that you are NEW to the Sandbox and you don’t say if this was your first cruise but maybe you were just expecting too much.

I you read the reviews you see good and bad about almost all of the ships. I take it with a grain of sea salt, go on my cruise and usually have great time.

Sorry about your cruise
    Kevin

7. frito

frito Guest

If you book tours on your own, you cannot expect the cruiseline ( whether it's Carnival or whomever )
    to be responsible for any problems you encounter. You may or may not have a legitimate complaint
    regarding the tour, but it should have been addressed with the tour company, not Carnival.

You surely would not expect to book an independent tour and then get priority tendering ahead of the people who had booked a tour through the ship. Time and time again that has been covered on these boards. Ships tours get priority tendering. You should have booked your tour later in the day . Again, it was not a Carnival problem. If your parents had a problem with a tour, did they book through Carnival, or did they book independently ? If there was a problem with a Carnival tour, they should have gotten information such as bus number, tour guide's name, etc. and presented it to the tour people on Carnival. If it was an independent tour, again, it was not Carnivals problem.

Simply because you sail a certain cruiseline doesn't mean that they are responsible for every problem you encounter. I have cruised many, many times and can tell you nothing is perfect, from the weather to shore tours to food. Neither is there a cruise line afloat that can keep everyone happy.

I have to say that it seems that most of your problems were brought on by yourself and not Carnival. Also, from what you have said, it seems that you went about trying to resolve the problems by being very hostile and aggressive. Being in the wrong and being very demanding at the same time wouldn't get you anywhere with any cruise line.

8. frito

frito Guest

If you book tours on your own, you cannot expect the cruiseline ( whether it's Carnival or whomever )
    to be responsible for any problems you encounter. You may or may not have a legitimate complaint
    regarding the tour, but it should have been addressed with the tour company, not Carnival.

You surely would not expect to book an independent tour and then get priority tendering ahead of the people who had booked a tour through the ship. Time and time again that has been covered on these boards. Ships tours get priority tendering. You should have booked your tour later in the day . Again, it was not a Carnival problem. If your parents had a problem with a tour, did they book through Carnival, or did they book independently ? If there was a problem with a Carnival tour, they should have gotten information such as bus number, tour guide's name, etc. and presented it to the tour people on Carnival. If it was an independent tour, again, it was not Carnivals problem.

Simply because you sail a certain cruiseline doesn't mean that they are responsible for every problem you encounter. I have cruised many, many times and can tell you nothing is perfect, from the weather to shore tours to food. Neither is there a cruise line afloat that can keep everyone happy.

I have to say that it seems that most of your problems were brought on by yourself and not Carnival. Also, from what you have said, it seems that you went about trying to resolve the problems by being very hostile and aggressive. Being in the wrong and being very demanding at the same time wouldn't get you anywhere with any cruise line.

9. cruise-girl

cruise-girl Guest

I too am sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience. I have sailed with Carnival several times and have never had an experience similar to yours....thank goodness!! I would not make such a bold statement such as " people go on carnival to drink themselves silly" ...this is a very horrible judgement of all people who have sailed Carnival. Also i do not think you should judge the entire line for an experience on one ship. Like I said before I have never encountered the rudeness that you have. I would hope you could get past this and give them another try in the future. All mainstream lines seem to have a similar demographic. Maybe you should try Celebrity or Holland America. Better luck next time.

10. cruise-girl

cruise-girl Guest

I too am sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience. I have sailed with Carnival several times and have never had an experience similar to yours....thank goodness!! I would not make such a bold statement such as " people go on carnival to drink themselves silly" ...this is a very horrible judgement of all people who have sailed Carnival. Also i do not think you should judge the entire line for an experience on one ship. Like I said before I have never encountered the rudeness that you have. I would hope you could get past this and give them another try in the future. All mainstream lines seem to have a similar demographic. Maybe you should try Celebrity or Holland America. Better luck next time.

11. Denofor2

Denofor2 Guest

It sounds like it's not Carnival. It sounds like you have a problem. Sorry, I know the truth hurts, but slaming a perfectly good cruise line for your problems isn't fair. Maybe I sound harsh, but your comments about Carnival is worse. We've been on 8 different Carnival ships and loved them all.

12. Denofor2

Denofor2 Guest

It sounds like it's not Carnival. It sounds like you have a problem. Sorry, I know the truth hurts, but slaming a perfectly good cruise line for your problems isn't fair. Maybe I sound harsh, but your comments about Carnival is worse. We've been on 8 different Carnival ships and loved them all.

13. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

I haven't seen such a subjective, and may I say somewhat stereotypical a Carnival bash in quite a while. It just seems to happen from time to time. Having sailed 21 times, 6 of them on Carnival, I have an incredibly hard time even relating to this problem with the food quality. Those of us who have sailed many times know just how diverse a cruiseline menu is. In every case about which I am aware, if one is unhappy with what one has ordered, for ANY reason, just making the waiter aware will result in every reasonable effort to solve the problem. I'm just extremely skeptical of this kind of post. Maybe he has a bunch of stock in some other cruiseline? 'nuff said!

14. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

I haven't seen such a subjective, and may I say somewhat stereotypical a Carnival bash in quite a while. It just seems to happen from time to time. Having sailed 21 times, 6 of them on Carnival, I have an incredibly hard time even relating to this problem with the food quality. Those of us who have sailed many times know just how diverse a cruiseline menu is. In every case about which I am aware, if one is unhappy with what one has ordered, for ANY reason, just making the waiter aware will result in every reasonable effort to solve the problem. I'm just extremely skeptical of this kind of post. Maybe he has a bunch of stock in some other cruiseline? 'nuff said!

15. PLG

PLG Guest

Sorry, never been on a bad cruise, not at all. We loved our trip on tht ship, and as said here often sometimes a cruise is what you amke of it. We find trying different and unusual foods part of the adventure. we always steer clear of the party ahrdy kinds. yes portions are smaller, but we just take that opportunity to order several different things and taste test. We love those deserts, the creme brulee and sufflaes (can't spell it) were to die for in my husband word. And our daughter is a chief, so we eat pretty good. Excursions not booked through Carnival are chancy. Sorry for you, PLG

16. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

Wow! Sounds like you didn't have a very good time! The one thing I will agree on is the chair saving thing on the decks. This is a huge pet peeve of mine, and being a sun worshiper :) I like my deck chairs! I have sailed on 4 ships, two were Carnivals. Carnival did seem the least careful about inforcing this. We had to move someone's belongings from the chair off to the side after 2 hours unattended. These two hours were spent with my husband and myself sharing a chair. Could we have moved to a less populated deck? No, my young daughter was swimming in the pool. The lady whom the things belonged, was sitting in the shaded bar for this duration. She came running over in protest to reclaim her chair, but was quickly shut up by the 15 strangers jumping to our aide. But maybe this was an issue with the sailing alone, or with the Conquest being so large or new at the time, so in the future we are going for small ships.

Now our food has been outstanding on all of our cruises, with Princess having the most bland, least vareity. We felt Carnival had the edge on portions and service in the dining room, with RCCL a close 2nd.

As far as shore excursions go, we always do our own research and go on our own.

Would have given our right foot to cruise this year....

You know, I remember only one cruise director from our cruises. Corey the Bird Man....from the Conquest. Watched only his shows on TV as far as port shopping etc. but to this day, he has instilled a love for parrots in my children.

Party Crowd? Maybe....you know....we wouldn't know? We are a quiet family, and on all of our salings, we have found something for everyone. Try getting a larger cabin where you can enjoy quiet evenings on the balcony! They are to die for!!

Wising you all the best for future cruises! Good luck!

17. LHP

LHP Guest

[quote Cruzman]I haven't seen such a subjective, and may I say somewhat stereotypical a Carnival bash in quite a while. It just seems to happen from time to time. Having sailed 21 times, 6 of them on Carnival, I have an incredibly hard time even relating to this problem with the food quality. Those of us who have sailed many times know just how diverse a cruiseline menu is. In every case about which I am aware, if one is unhappy with what one has ordered, for ANY reason, just making the waiter aware will result in every reasonable effort to solve the problem. I'm just extremely skeptical of this kind of post. Maybe he has a bunch of stock in some other cruiseline? 'nuff said![/quote]

This is a legitimate cruiser. Unfortunately, she had never cruised before. While she claims to have done some research before booking this cruise, she obviously did not have enough information to make the right choice for her needs.

While I equate someone "throwing a fit" with someone with a starfish up their fanny, (and certainly not behavior I would condone)....I think this is more of a case of her being embarassed in front of her parents and SO that everything did not go her way. And now she is popping up on every board "spreading the word" to avoid an entire cruiseline, because she wasn't pleased.

Fortunately, since she is a newbie, she does not realize that no one pays attention to "reviews" that are posted like a 3 year old that had their sucker taken from them. So for all her rants and raves, without credibility, she will be influencing no one.

I am truly sorry that cruising isn't for her. I started to say Carnival wasn't for her, but I am getting the feeling that this kind of "disappointment:" is not an isolated incident. If this is all it takes to ruin her life, hate people and starve to death...it is probably best she stays home. IMHO

18. LHP

LHP Guest

I do have to laugh at the title "worst cruise ever", though. Since the OP has only been on ONE cruise their entire life????

(sigh)

19. Mbandy

Mbandy Guest

Sorry sdettloff had a bad experience on Carnival. I've cruised Carnival 5 times and have had some better than others but never bad.

The only problem I ever had with a meal on a ship was when I tried something new. I'm sure it was delicious, I just didn't care for it so I asked my waiter to bring me a steak instead. Steak wasn't on the menu that night but I had one in about 10 minutes, no problem. Food in the buffet? Well, it's buffet food; tastes just like the buffets in Vegas. The pizza? It's nothing spectacular but not bad hey, it's just pizza. Hard to mess up pizza and besides it's FREE pizza. sdettloff also obviously didn't know he/she could order room service 24/7 and didn't have to be "stuck with only pizza" I will say that the deli selections on Carnival and the room service offerings are very good. The tirade about the food indicates to me that perhaps sdettloff's expectations might have been a bit too high. I may just not be as finnicy but I have never had a bad meal on a ship, never.

As far as the shore excursions go I always book my own but I would never book one with an 8:00 AM check in time because I know that's too early. As for the staff on the ship all I can say is that I have never had bad service on a ship with the exception of the shore excursion desk on a couple of different trips hence the reason that I book my own.

Looks to me like inexperience may have contributed to this poster's cares and woes. The poster obviously a) didn't know that you could order anything you want to eat and are not confined to the menu. b) didn't know you could order off the room service munu 24 hours and not just be stuck with pizza c) didn't know that an 8:00 call was too early for a shore excursion and d) didn't know about Carnival's vacation guarantee which allows you to leave the ship at the first port of call if you're not satisfied and receive a refund and transportation back to the embarkation port.

since sdettloff is new to the sandbox I am not going to flame him/her for venting...well ranting...but hopefully by watching these posts will be more familiar with some of the particulars for the next cruise.

20. justlori

justlori Guest

Going on the Victory in a couple of months. I don't think I will let your terrible review prevent me from going and having a good time...not even one tiny bit.....have taken three other Carnival cruises and
    have never experienced the awfulness you discribe.