• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

be carefull if you use hotels.com

George C

We booked a Sheraton last week and paid extra for a club room thru hotels.com, did not get the room we booked when I complained to Sheraton was told that they will not guarantee the type of room if you book thru 3rd party. Best to book direct.

Funnel

Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor
I guess they don't like those "booking sites". Wonder if it is the same if you book through a travel agent?
I have never had any issues while booking through hotels.com, but don't think I have stayed at Sheraton.
I've heard others that have had the same issue with Sheraton, so I will choose other hotels if I book through hotels.com or some similar site.

/Erik

Funnel

Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor
I red something about this yesterday evening.
It's not uncommon that the hotels are overbooked, like the flights. Some blame the possibility to cancel late, which means that the hotels "gamble" and overbook.
I guess it's a bigger chance you won't get the room you booked if you book with anything else than the hotel itself. On the other hand if you arrive late and your room category is full you will not get it anyway, but maybe they are willing to help you with an upgrade if you booked directly with the hotel.

I guess it's good to arrive as early as possible to have a bigger chance to get the room you have booked. I always try to do that, but sometimes it's not possible.

/Erik

George C

I did complain to hotel.com, thought they would give me a reduced price, they refunded the entire amount, very surprised, pays to complain , will be booking again via hotels.com

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to ignore a squeaky wheel as long as it keeps squeaking.
When it stops squeaking, you move to the end of the line. Keep on squeaking.................................