• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Be True to Your School--HIGH SCHOOL ROLL CALL

B

Bibb

Maw - You are just a kid. I had to leave the Class of 52, Sheffield High School, Sheffield, Alabama and didn't get to wear a cap and gown until I graduated from college.

Bibb

G

Glam

Livonia, Michigan, Mimi...what else, hmmm, I graduated with Honors and never did any homework and was basically a ne'er-do-well who caused a lot of trouble, especially to the priests! :grin I also got our class to dress as prisoners one year as we protested our enslavement. (Well, we thought we were pretty persecuted :lol) What else do you want to know about my shady past? =devil

B

belgique

Glam: Although I went to a Detroit Public School (Southeastern), the Catholic school girls were known as "fast" (if you know what I mean!), on the East Side.

Those Dominican and Regina girls with their prim little uniforms - pleated skirts, white blouses, navy cardigans and knee socks - were hot stuff according to the boys in my neighborhood.

Now, I'm not saying YOU were one of THOSE GIRLS......

If you were, I'm really jealous!!!

G

Glam

:lol Bel, actually, I was probably one out of five v-----s who graduated! :lol Just kidding! I wasn't fast in high school, I didn't drink or do drugs, but I *thought* I was bad, or I pretended to be, whatever...when push came to shove, I also *pretended* to be good! :lol

G

Glam

Mimi! I wanted that song for our prom but the nuns vetoed it! :lol Actually, we were taught to carry three things on a date: Your rosary beads, an orange and a dime...if the boy tried anything you were suppose to stick the cross in his eye (I had really militant nuns about my innocence :grin) if he wanted to sit near you, you were suppose to place the orange in between and the dime was if you needed to get away from him, you could call your parents! :lol Going to an all-girl school, they needn't have worried! I was basically dateless until I was 19! Some girls had beaux but they must have been "Virginias!" :lol

S

ShipMaven

Maw and Bibb - I haven't been on since earlier today, but I had been waiting patiently to see if *anyone* had graduated wayyyyy back in 1959 or earlier. Do you think it's possible that the three of us might have had our first cruise together, unknowingly, on Noah's Ark??

Post Edited (12-15-03 02:00)

M

MARIPOSA

In San Diego, Clairemont High in 61 *the school Fast Times at Ridgemont High was based on. LOL
Graduated James Madison High '64
Go Warhawks

Mariposa

R

red stripe

well.. I did not go to high school here.. I did do "higher schooling here though :lol

But based on these figures.. I think it is me maw and Einstein that sailed together.. :lol

OMG! 1956 here.... :lol

Post Edited (12-15-03 21:13)

B

belgique

This has been one of the best posts we've had! Thanks, Mimi!

I firmly believe in the "six degrees of separation" theory, whereby if you put any 6 people in the world in a room they will eventually find out at least 2 people will know someone in common.

Don't doubt that there are people on here who will start asking other, "Did you know....?"
Once that starts, this could go on forever - but what fun!