Birth Certificates

Will we need long or short forms. He has long, I have short but will go get my long one tomorrow just incase. also is it necessary to have a former marriages license and divorce decree. Goodness me, this is what i was told.


Well-Known Member
As long as your short form birth certificate has the seal and attestation, it's fine. Some jurisdicitons only put the seal on the long form, and that's what is required.
As for marriage and divorce documentation, you only need to have a "paper trail" to connect your current name and ID with your birth name on the certificate; that is, show how "Mary Jensen Smith" is really the same person as the child born "Mary Rose Jones."
Have a fun time!