Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

BON FIRE!!! (Forum Game)

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by John, Nov 14, 2017.

1. John

John I'm on Island Time Staff Member

Hi Everyone, I always thought a forum was like a good Bon Fire. Sometimes they grow and people gather and talk.

So lets play it like this:

Post a reply and say Hello! Tell us what your tossing on the Fire to keep it going, and what your drinking or sharing with others. You could be as creative as you want and ofcourse talk!

Thank you for being here. We hope to keep our fire burning long and strong.

I'll go first.

My Name is John. I am starting this fire with some Florida Citrus wood and starter fluid. I'm drinking some Sangria. I hope you will pull up a seat and have a drink with me. Everyone is welcome!

2. glo-ree-bee

glo-ree-bee Well-Known Member

Hi! I'm joining you! I am adding some Buffalo chips from the prairies out here in the west. Make mine a peach moscato and some avocado dip with chips --- however, I will share my chips.

John likes this.
  3. Flyingfish

Flyingfish Well-Known Member

I'm aboard! My contribution is smoked fish (lox), bagels, sardines with crackers, and whitefish salad. Three fingers of Jameson's, no ice. That's the winter drink, for summer, it's gin/tonic with lime.
    We've got plenty of firewood so lets go... :cheers:

John likes this.
  4. John

Peach Moscoto! That sounds really good.

5. John

You Rock! Lets keep this fire burning.

6. John

Btw you can tag friends to invite the by typing an @ sign in front ouf their username. Kinda like you would mention someone on in a Facebook post, etc.

Ie. We need @bob @BSeabob and others to join us!

7. Funnel

Funnel Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor

I’m on my way!
    I have chopped some wood in my forest that I’m bringing to the fire.
    In my backpack I have some Swedish meatballs, smoked moose meat and... dare I say it... fermented herring.
    You can have the fermented herring, I don’t really like it but it’s a typical Swedish dish (that a few in the northern part of Sweden enjoy to eat). Just be prepared for the smell when you open the can. :supris:
    To drink I have brought some Silja Special drinks.

/Erik

John likes this.
  8. John

Erik! So glad to see you here. Thank you for the extra wood and Swedish Delights.

:minion bananas:

9. John

Maybe we need to send Smoke Signals to get more people to join us here?
    :sign welcome:

10. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Well-Known Member

Time for some Smore's and Hot Chocolate.

John likes this.
  11. gottagoacruzn

gottagoacruzn Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Virginia, think I'll have some smore's an a nice drink, like a Dirty Banana. So whose next?

John likes this.
  12. glo-ree-bee

I think I will add some incense to the fire so we won't be overcome by the fermented herring smell. My bottle is empty!! How about some peach schnapps! As you can see I am into peach!!!

13. BSeabob

BSeabob Reinststed due to good behavior-Subject to change Staff Member

OK then ..adding some well seasoned spruce from my wood pile in the Pac NorWest to keep things warm and a round of Fat Tire beer. We have the tarps out this time of year and the fire goes all day at the cabin.

14. glo-ree-bee

I think I see a moose around this bon fire!

15. EMS8

EMS8 Well-Known Member

I should be here shortly. I've got some nice smelling pinion pine to add to the fire, my '74 Martin D28 and a nice vintage Cab Sav ready to be opened. So how about we open the wine and sit around the bon fire/camp fire and sing some songs?