Cab Fare from LaGuardia to Cape Liberty Cruise Port

D

DeeDee

Does anyone have a rough idea how much cab fare is from LaGuardia to the new Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne? We're going on a 5 day Canada cruise on Explorer. I'm deciding between transfers and just taking a cab.

Thanks!

S

Sam Malone

DeeDee,

Cape Liberty Port is about 10 minutes from Newark Airport, I would guess from LaGuardia it's about 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour. If you can fly into Newark instead, you could literally throw a stone over to the Liberty Cruise Port.

Cost of cab fare I'm not up on. Either way, I passed there the other nite and the port is still under construction. They haven't even changed the name of the port yet. But they say it's coming along and they'll be ready.

Hope this helps
Enjoy your cruise......

Sam

D

DeeDee

Thanks. I know Royal Carib. has transfers from the airport for $78 pp roundtrip to and from Laguardia. I think we're going to try and stop in NYC for a few hours. Anyone know of a good way to get to Bayonne Port from Manhattan? Ferry, bus, cab?

C

CarolRd

You can take the PATH train or a NY Waterway ferry from the World Financial Center or the Seaport into Hoboken, NJ ( hometown of Frank Sinatra and the birthplace of baseball) and then grab a cab from there. It will take approx 10 -15 minutes from Hoboken. Or, you could take a cab from Mid town.

The NY waterway is a fun way to go.

Carol

D

DeeDee

Thanks for the Waterway info. I've found that it takes about 8 mins to get to Hoboken from Mid-Manhattan on the weekend (38th street ferry, I think). Combined with a 15 min cab ride, I think this is the way to go for us. We can now concentrate on what we want to do in Manhattan for 3 or 4 hours.

Thanks!

G

gkrebs

Or take NJ Transit ot Newark Airport and grab a cab from there. The 78 transfer fee that you have said RCI is charging is probably what you might pay in a cab for LGA. NJTransit is at the Madison Sq Garden on 33rd and 7th. ( I believe)

We really should start telling folks that if they don't fly into EWR \, then they should figure an extra 100.00 in cab or transfer fees. Could help make the difference in which airport they go to.

D

DeeDee

I think once we get the ferry to Hoboken (which we're kind of looking forward to doing) after a day of sight seeing, it's pretty quick to hop a cab from the ferry terminal to the port. We'll be flying in to Laguardia and are looking to pass some time in the city before starting the cruise. I also understand there is a free shuttle from one of the train stations in NJ, I'm not sure which one. If it is the Path, that comes in to the same place as the South Hoboken ferry port. Anyone have any info on the RCCL shuttle to the port?

B

budock

Hello there

We are new to cruises and have just booked a Western Caribbean cruise on he Voyager of the Seas departing Cape Liberty Cruise Port, NJ on 17 June 2004 and very much looking forward to it. Any general tips about cruising from your collective experience would be good, but we do have two specific question.

Although we could get connecting flights from UK with all transfers etc we are actually choosing to fly to NY a week earlier to explore and then make our own way from NYNY to the cruise port. We have read some of your discussions but not being familiar with NY and NJ I still do not really understand the options for routes/modes of transport and costs that we might encounter.

Secondly, following the cruise we want to hire a car and drive up to Boston stopping off at various points but so far can't identify any care hire firms at the port! Any ideas

I hope you can help us.

Thanks