Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Cabin assignment or guarantee?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Bett, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Bett

Bett Guest

I've just booked two cabins with RCCL on assigned cabins. Has anyone ever gotten an upgrade without booking with a guarantee category?

Bett

2. Ali

Ali Guest

In the 20 some cruises that I have sailed with them I received one upgrade and that was only due to the fact it was 2 weeks after 9-11 and they were upgrading everyone. RCI explains it as once you have chosen an assigned cabin your chances for an upgrade are almost none. Who knows for sure? I always book the cabin and category that I'm happy with and if I do get an upgrade it's only that much better.

Have a wonderful cruise.

3. Rick

Rick Guest

I'm hoping for an upgrade as well. Cruised Celebrity in March and started with an inside cabin and wound up with a rather nice outside cabin (window only). I keep an eye on the prices and if they start going down I have my agent check for an upgrade. My guess is if you aren't upgraded before arriving at the ship, it isn't going to happen.

Enjoy your cruise. Good luck with the upgrade.