• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Can you name the top 10 man-made wonders in the world?

R

Rick & Jenny

Sorry, Red, none of your last mentioning listed on the top 10.:( Actually both Rick and I do not quite agree with what the Travel channel selected for the top 10 man-made wonders in the world. We thought the same as Hucc's first post. To our surprise the answer is very different than what we thought. But it is interesting to know.........:grin

R

Rick & Jenny

So far the selected ones:

Great Wall of China
Panama Canal
Ice Hotel in Quebec
Taj Mahal
Hoover Dam
Baha'i Gardens in Israel
Petra in Jordan

Hint: the last 3, 2 in the US soil and one in Moraco :)

R

reese

Well do know that the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel is one of the Seven Engineering Wonders of the World. Atleast that's what their website says.
But I have no idea what a "tic" is, anyone care to explain?

R

red stripe

did we say these?
The Baha'i World Centre Terraces .

City of Pyramids
Templo Mayor
The Cahokia Mounds
Karnak Temple
Palace of Knossos

Post Edited (02-27-03 14:20)

R

Rick & Jenny

Sorry, I made a typo mistake.:( Morocco not Moraco

E, please add spelling check before send feature to this board.:help

S

SpongeRob

I clued in when I finally saw "Travel Channel" in one of the posts. It's their favorite subject.

R

red stripe

Rick and Jenny.. Thank you for a very informative and entertaining post...
are we there yet?

and didnit I see someone mention the Arch in St. Louis?
Rob, good one on Vega,

And Gitte.. Lake Powel is amazing.. the very first movie of The Planet Of The Apes, was filmed there..because it has this "other world" look to it.

R

Rick & Jenny

Ok Ok.... I believe you all got enough brain exercises for today. The right answer according to the Travel Channel last night's top 10 man-made wonders in the world are:

10. Ice Hotel in Quebec
9. Baha'i Gardens in Israel
8. Crazy Horse Monument in S. Dakota
7. Marrakkesh in Morocco
6. Hoover Dam
5. Great Wall of China
4. Panama Canal
3. Taj Mahal
2. Petra in Jordan
1. Las Vegas

I have visited the Great Wall at least 8 times, Hoover Dam 4 times and Las Vegas countless times.:lol:lol I'm glad that I made a lot of contributions to the top 1 man made wonders in the world:grin

Hope you all have a fun! Have to go back to work now:(

Jenny

R

Rick & Jenny

Deb, You are very right about that Crazy Horse Monument. That is far from finish yet. I don't understand how could Travel channel chose that instead of Mount Rushmore????