Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Can you please spare a prayer for Pucci

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by ShipMaven, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

My heart and soul, Pucci, suddenly became lame in one of his hind legs earlier today. I have no idea why. When I took him out to do his business this morning he was fine. Shortly afterwards, I noticed he was limping. I checked his paw to be sure there was nothing in it. He hasn't flinched when I've felt his leg and his paw, so I hope he's not in pain. He has been more clingy than usual.

I'm terribly worried. I would sincerely appreciate your keeping my little sweetie in your thoughts and prayers. I hope to get him in at the Vet's tomorrow.

Mary Ann

2. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

It's so hard when our pets are not feeling well as we want to help them but don't know how. Of course, Pucci will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope it is nothing serious. And, please try to get some sleep tonight, Mary Ann.

3. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Thank you so much, Lisa. I appreciate your kind words and prayers.

4. JacquieP

JacquieP Guest

Prayers are on the way from all of us here, two legged, four legged, and feathered. We can't stand to have our favorite little buddy have problems. Extra scritches are on the way, too. Please keep us posted!

5. bostongal

bostongal Guest

Mary Ann - I too am sending my best thoughts and prayers for Pucci. I hope that it turns out to be nothing serious. Extra scritches from me too.

=hug

Meg

6. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Oh poor baby. I hope he is OK. Poor little thing probably over stressed himself somehow. Please let us know how he is after seeing the doc tomorrow. Prayers for Pucci.

7. KathyC

KathyC Guest

It is so hard when our helpless furbabies are sick. Hopefully it is nothing more than a strained muscle. Positive thoughts are on the way.

8. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=hug Dear Paesana.. there must have been this extra nagging back to me.I came home ,and flipped the computer on.. Prayers, and Good thoughts winging West to Prince Pucci Pupper.. keep me updated...
    .after we yapped this AM.. . Hmm are you sure he's not pulling "the Poppa Thing?? he's *SO Smart* !!..=love Joanne and Mark, and Wendy :kitten

9. TexasSue

TexasSue Guest

Prayers from here and please keep us posted. Have issued going on with one of mine and I know how stressful it can be. Sure wish they could talk. Maybe just a pulled muscle we can hope. Will watch for an update.

10. conniecat

conniecat Guest

Poor baby! Good wishes flying his way, andy yours. Keep us updated, please!

11. Charles

Charles Guest

Positive thoughts going out to my "nephew."

C

12. debowah

debowah Guest

Hoping that the light of day has Pucci feeling much better.

13. JANPEP

JANPEP Guest

Oh I'am so sorry Pucci is not feeling up to par, good thoughts & prayers are on the way from MN.
    Please let us know when you find out anything.

14. maw

maw Guest

My prayers and extra scritches flying to Pucci. So hard t handle when the pets are dwn and can't tell you the problem Hugs Maw

15. Mgram

Mgram Guest

Mary Ann.......sending good thoughts and :angel for Pucci. Our 16 yr. old lab/chow GrandDog is going through intermittent loss of his hind legs, so I know your anguish. It's tough when they can't tell us what's going on. Hugs to you both.

16. Prayers and good thoughts going out for Pucci. Do hope you get good results today.

17. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Poor pup. Keifer and I hope he's feeling better, and it's nothing to worry about. Sloppy kisses to the fuzzy Prince.

18. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

Pucci, get well soon. Auntie Barb and Cousin Big Guy

19. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Thank you all so much.

Pucci has a badly bruised paw. Heaven only knows how he did it on grass. :dizzy During the day yesterday, he let me touch it, inspect it, etc., without fussing. By last night, the paw seemed somewhat swollen to me and he was pulling it away as I tried to touch it. When his Vet examined him first thing this morning, Pucci screeched. :( It was looking bruised and swollen, and x-rays confirmed what we could "see". So I have to try to keep him quiet (HA HA HA) for the next 2-3 weeks so it can heal. I've cancelled my plans for this weekend to go see a Christmas show, and have cancelled my yearly holiday trip to California.

Pucci normally sleeps on a cushion on "our" bed. Last night he didn't want that, he wanted to stay plastered by my side. So I sat up in bed watching him all night with my arm around him.

Again, I sincerely appreciate your prayers, good thoughts and concern.

Mary Ann

20. debowah

debowah Guest

Happy to hear that there is nothing seriously wrong with Pucci. Hopefully, he will cooperate and rest so that he heals quickly. Please give him some gentle scritches from me.