Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Can you please spare a prayer for Pucci

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by ShipMaven, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Beryl

Beryl Guest

Awww Mary Ann! I just read this and I'm so sorry for poor little Pucci! You do wonder what he could have done don't you! I hope his paw feels better very soon and that he is back to his normal little self! (arthritis???)

Our little fellow Skye was limping last summer and we could tell he was not a very happy little camper. We checked his paw for cuts or burrs but nothing. He didn't fuss when we were checking either. The next day we could see some swelling and when we ran some cool water over his paw it was clear that he had been stung by a bee or wasp. Fortunately he didn't have a bad allergic reaction and healed up very quickly.

Hugs to you and special skritches for little Pucci from a Yorkie Mom who suffers from bad feet and from 2 little yorkie terrorists who think everyday is made just for their pleasure.

2. seamom

seamom Guest

Hope you find out what is ailing Pucci and he'll be on the road to healing quick as a bunny!

3. reggae

reggae Guest

Just a thought, Mary Ann....could he possibly have a bee sting, or some type of insect bite? I have experience this with our dog and my sister's cat. Limping, swelling, and pain. Just something to consider...(watch where he heads outside, and take a look in that area for bees, wasps, etc.)

I hope he's back to his happy tail-wagging soon, and give Pucci a hug for me :)

4. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Again, my thanks.

The Vet and Tech checked very carefully for any signs of insect bites, bee stings, etc., and I kept checking yesterday, holding my breath that nothing would cause anaphylactic shock. There's no sign of anything - except the *$&$ bruise. I just finished having him sit on my lap for awhile with a cold compress on his paw. He sat quietly

5. herb

herb Guest

Just read this MaryAnn.... hope Pucci will be feeling just fine SOON :D

6. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Thank you, Herb.

7. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Awww... Kiefer wasn't happy to hear this about Pucci, and neither was I. But at least this will heal up, and he'll probably be back to his normal self faster than you expect. But still, it's bothering to not know HOW his foot pad was affected like this.

I did have to kind of chuckle, imagining you sitting up in bed all night, watching your pup to make sure he could sleep. I laugh, because I would have done the exact same thing! The things we moms do for our kids!

8. S&M in Pgh

S&M in Pgh Guest

They certainly are our Heart & Soul. Remember same rules apply to ice - 20 mins at a time...

9. JacquieP

JacquieP Guest

More good wishes are on the way to Pucci and his devoted Mom. I hope both of you get more rest tonight, but I know what you mean about trying to keep a poodle quiet, especially when they NEED to stay quiet. Added note from Bandid and Cocoa: Stay plastered to your Mom. Her body heat is good for your sore paw. You might try climbing on top of her, as that's even better. Get well soon!

10. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=hug and good to get your update..as long as it just keeps getting better..:)..Joanne

11. Corky

Corky Guest

Please tell Pucci that I hope he gets to feeling better soon. =hug

12. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Glad to hear that it is a bruise and not more serious, although I do know just how you feel. I hate to see the furbabies uncomfortable in any way! Scritches to Pucci! Get some sleep Momma!

13. reggae

reggae Guest

Mary Ann, just wondering how little Pucci is doing today?

14. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Again, thank all of your for your concern.

Pucci is about the same today, limping along on three legs. He wasn't as cooperative this morning about sitting still for the ice on his paw. But, at least, we slept last night. Barring anything unforeseen, he'll be checked again Thursday.

Sincere {{{HUGS}}} to all.

15. sage

sage Guest

I just found this thread. I'm so sorry to hear of Pucci's bruised paw. Hopefully, it will heal soon, and prayers are on the way for him and you as well. I know how it truly hurts the heart when our furbabies are not feeling well.

16. Oh poor sweetie! Freds back left foot gives out on him all the time now at 13 it just gives up the ghost at times,vet says bassets,dachcunds ect.,experience this,now I know how he feels,give a extra hug and scritch to Pucci,he is lucky and safe in your love Mary Ann!

17. Mary Ann .. here's hoping your fella mends quickly. They are our children and when they hurt so do we. Nytro the lazy cat sends his best wishes as well. Laurey

18. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Our Mary Ann....so sorry I missed this yesterday. Glad to hear it is only a bruse...sure hope he bounces back quickly. Stitches from me and kisses from Georgie and Buck.

19. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Mary Ann, I am just seeing this for the first time. Zsa Zsa and I send Pucci our warmest thoughts for a quick recovery. Poor Pucci, it's so hard when they can't tell you what is wrong. We hope his paw feels better soon. Sounds like he has a great nurse though!

20. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Once again, a sincere thanks to all.

Pucci won't let me ice his paw any more (grrr), and continues to hop around like a bunny rabbit on 3 legs. Knowing that he's a little smarty pants, I keep an eye open to see if he's trying to fake anything. He's not. :(

Our hearts all ache when our furbabies have a problem...and I wish all of yours well. Of course, it would be nice if the humans all felt well, too! :grin

I appreciate your concern.

=hug